Well Now that they lost, what do you see happening to the Celtics?

A lot of work for Danny Ainge this summer. Too bad Kevin McHale isn't with the Wolves anymore. Probably would have traded Love to the Celtics by now. Haha.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

why do people measure Perk's value by the points he scores? I don't get it....

He's a great defender and better rebounder (where his true value would have been in Game 7), but Rasheed
added a scoring dimension and he's an equally good defender.

You can say they missed his rebounding and I'd agree with you, but at the end of the day, injuries are apart of
the game. Hell, we could go back 2008 for the Lakers.

Originally Posted by AG 47

He's a great defender and better rebounder (where his true value would have been in Game 7), but Rasheed

You can say they missed his rebounding and I'd agree with you, but at the end of the day, injuries are apart of
Sheed is no where near being an equally good defender as Perk.  What we saw last night, is not what you're gonna see out of Sheed on a nightly basis.  And because Sheed showed what he could do on the offensive end last night, doesn't make him more of a threat than Perk.  I'll take Perk's 10/7 and shooting close to 60% from the floor than whatever the hell Sheed brings to the table on a nightly basis.  You are undervaluing what Perk does, and that's a joke to even suggest that Sheed is on the same level as him in 2010. 

I see BTK still salivates over Men's pictures by posting them on here.

I don't think Celtics are "done" per say, they need to add a quality swingman off the bench. 

Originally Posted by AG 47

Sheed is no where near being an equally good defender as Perk.  What we saw last night, is not what you're gonna see out of Sheed on a nightly basis.  And because Sheed showed what he could do on the offensive end last night, doesn't make him more of a threat than Perk.  I'll take Perk's 10/7 and shooting close to 60% from the floor than whatever the hell Sheed brings to the table on a nightly basis.  You are undervaluing what Perk does, and that's a joke to even suggest that Sheed is on the same level as him in 2010. 

In this series, Rasheed's defense was on par with Perkins. Perkins was in foul trouble damn near every game for one.
Two, Gasol struggled the most in this series with Rasheed guarding him. Not only that, Rasheed being in the lineup
stretches the defense now. Perkins could never be the offensive threat Rasheed was last night.
How is Perkins a threat? Lakers sagged the defense off of him because he's not a scorer.
I really feel his presence would've only helped the Celtics in the rebounding aspect of the game.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by ninjahood

they're fine....only reason they loss is cuz of perkins.

sign ray allen again and strap that sucker up for a couple of go arounds.

yeah your right, kendrick was lookin real strong puttin up 20 and 10 every night
laugh.gif
Yeah, because Perkins isnt one of the best defensive big men in the game
grin.gif
Perkins has no offensive and is a liabilty out there. Granted he is probably the best defender, but a grind out game like game 7 he would of been on the bench in the 4th

The East is hot Trash so the Celtics will be in the playoff and at least reach the 2nd round as long as they have the same core players. But I think their Finals days are over. Especially if Doc leaves which I think he will.

If they can keep their core intact, they'll still have a good chance at making a run next year.

Dudes are acting like just because they looked bad a few times in the finals that they're not a good team. This is still the squad that confidently beat Cleveland and Orlando 4-2 each.

Ray is in great shape for his mid-30's. Pierce will see a drop-off but if he's gone, that frees up a lot of shots for a young guy to step up and start taking. KG can still contribute well. Rondo hasn't hit his prime yet.

Pick up two nice bench players and they'll be back in the hunt in 2011.

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

How long does a torn MCL and PCL figure to put Perkins on the shelf for?

probably out till all star break, if not more. add to the fact he has to get back into shape, too.
Nope. The ligaments weren't torn all they way. He'll be back by the start if the regular season. 

I see us kinda like the Rudy T era Lakers, rebuilding, but with parts already in place waiting for the coach to come back...

They'll be like the post 2004 Pistons after they won the championship. Still a good team and in contention, but no real chance at winning the championship.

well first of all you let that bum $@# dude ray allen walk and never even talk to him ... you sign jj redick ... you get another serviceable 7 footer maybe a haywood ... and then you win the ship next year ...

Why is everybody saying Doc is leaving? Like really? News to me.

All they gotta do is resign Ray, find a new and better center. Improve their bench and specifically find a good back up off guard/sf

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by DMan14

How long does a torn MCL and PCL figure to put Perkins on the shelf for?

probably out till all star break, if not more. add to the fact he has to get back into shape, too.
Nope. The ligaments weren't torn all they way. He'll be back by the start if the regular season. 
this and it wasnt his acl...

Originally Posted by Master Zik

All they gotta do is resign Ray, find a new and better center. Improve their bench and specifically find a good back up off guard/sf
Doc is rumored to leave because he wants to spend more time with his family.

And you act like all those moves you mentioned will be easy. The Celtics have $63 million committed to six players and the biggest assets they'll have are the MLE/first round pick. Not much flexibility at all.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

they need to add a quality swingman off the bench. 

Celtics are fine still top 3/4 in the East

Perkins is a liability now? 
roll.gif
if anything last night shows how valuable he is

whats more interesting imo is what happens with Nate
nerd.gif

- in regards to perkins injury, they said if he had that injury in december, he would have likely missed the rest of the season so i would say he's out 4-6 months

- in regards to Game 7, if anything Perk being in there for 20 minutes would have given Sheed less than 36 minutes played and perhaps more gas in the tank for the 4th quarter, they typically played either Baby or Sheed in the 4th anyways, and to downplay a starter being out for a game, it's like you play a certain way and manage everyone's minutes a certain way and you take 20-25 solid minutes out of the lineup, it kinda throws things into disarray, and for an older team especially in the big guys, they had to play extended minutes when you don;t want want them to, so it makes a difference... but whatever, it's in the past now.

- in regards to offseason, it all depends on how the lebron james domino falls.... ray allen like to stay but one of those teams that miss out on a big free agent may lure him with more money....but he does have health issues with his son and with that kind of thing, you kind of like to remain with the same doctors you're confortable with so who knows. personally, i think C's should just let him go and get young at that position... they're unlikely going to win with this same group next year anyways so you cannot hang on too long

- Doc is gone. if you listen to his Post Game 7 interviews, you can tell that is the case. talk here in Boston is possibly Kevin McHale taking over.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Doc is rumored to leave because he wants to spend more time with his family.

And you act like all those moves you mentioned will be easy. The Celtics have $63 million committed to six players and the biggest assets they'll have are the MLE/first round pick. Not much flexibility at all.
I didn't say it would be easy BUT that's what they HAVE to do if they want to compete, return to the finals, and win the championship.

I was praying Sheed would have had a huge game, and he did.

With our without Perkins, the outcome would have changed. Yes, they needed more rebounders, but they also needed someone who could have stretched out the floor for Rondo, and needed someone to make huge shots.

However if he was there, there would have been more rest time for Sheed and baby, and the crazy red headed would have never checked in. It is what it is.

I see the Celtics trying to move up into the lottery with assets like perkins or whatever. I have a feeling they'd resign nate.

Back
Top Bottom