What’s everyone’s thoughts on Stand Your Ground Statue?

Honestly, I think every state should have it. Everyone should have the right to defend themselves at all costs. I see it’s dominated throughout the Deep South. The biggest surprise is PA having that law along with open carry.

Here is the map.

What’s your thoughts?

FF515451-6D69-48A5-9514-4DB0E847925C.jpeg

Here is the map for states with Open carry or states with open carry with a permit. GA and FL has open carry now, so that’s the only thing that’s outdated. Everything else is up to date.

E807FB42-5E33-4352-A818-B6B6B1F075DA.jpeg

I’m from Florida so, you should know my stance. I’m not a gun owner though. I’ve always been afraid of guns.

But I’m off the “shoot first, ask questions later” when it comes to me and my family. If a person invades your home or the personal space and harmony that you’ve worked hard to create, it’s necessary.

I’ll never forget the Sean Taylor situations. And also, home invasions/car theft is HUGE in South Florida.

I believe everyone should have the right to defend themselves. I live on Long Island, where EVERYONE has guns in their homes. With the birth of my daughter recently, I've strongly been considering purchasing a firearm so I can protect my family from home invasions (which barely happens on Long Island to begin with, "pero uno nunca sabe").

However, what I don't like about the stand your ground laws is that can be scrutinized by agitators, aggressors, and vigilantes. It seems like the person instigating conflict is generally protected under these stand your ground laws.

As much as think everyone state should have SYG, it does appear to be vague as far as what’s written on paper. It’s not really streamlined.

When was the last time you heard of a white person breaking in(not trying, not on the porch) to a black person's house? I tried to find a case, as Im sure it happens. But I doubt that headline would get the computers putin'. That might even be the case for stories with no pictures.

When was the last time you heard of a white person breaking in(not trying, not on the porch) to a black person's house? I tried to find a case, as Im sure it happens. But I doubt that headline would get the computers putin'. That might even be the case for stories with no pictures.

As a european open carry without a permit is wild to me. Over here there's no such thing as "open carry with a permit" even, you're allowed to buy as gun if you pass the psych test and the police department ok's it and then you can only keep it in your house locked away. There's even a limit on bullets you can buy

In the extremely unlikely case that someone breaks into my home while I'm there, and I can get to a gun and have it ready to fire before this fictional person gets to me or my family, I'd rather not have killing someone on my conscious. Always just seemed like another excuse for why someone "needs" a gun.

I see nothing wrong with protecting yourself when you're at your house. I'm talking about something like a break in, not some idiot blasting away when somebody pulls into the wrong drive way. There has to be a clear threat there.

Open carry is stupid, imo. I'm glad most people don't actually do it. I've seen one or two people open carry in my town, and both of these dudes are so tiny and frail looking, it wouldn't be nothing for a bad guy to knock them out and take that gun.

I see nothing wrong with protecting yourself when you're at your house. I'm talking about something like a break in, not some idiot blasting away when somebody pulls into the wrong drive way. There has to be a clear threat there.

Open carry is stupid, imo. I'm glad most people don't actually do it. I've seen one or two people open carry in my town, and both of these dudes are so tiny and frail looking, it wouldn't be nothing for a bad guy to knock them out and take that gun.
I noticed in Houston, as soon as an argument starts, someone be ready to pull out their gun. In my opinion, I don’t think it’s necessary to do that, but they be trigger happy just off that.

Houston might be the road rage capital of America.

I remember not long ago, some dude shot two guys who were talking to his girl. Man is probably in jail right now and she's smashing somebody else. Not really a good move.
Let me guess, he try to use stand your ground as a way to get out of it? That’s insane!

I noticed in Houston, as soon as an argument starts, someone be ready to pull out their gun. In my opinion, I don’t think it’s necessary to do that, but they be trigger happy just off that.
i've seen dudes inside a 24hr fitness ready to blast someone cause they couldn't handle being crossed or losing. fragile ego's is why cats are locked up. You def need a gun and training to defend yourself with people like this cause its better to have it on you at all times, than not.

i've seen dudes inside a 24hr fitness ready to blast someone cause they couldn't handle being crossed or losing. fragile ego's is why cats are locked up. You def need a gun and training to defend yourself with people like this cause its better to have it on you at all times, than not.
Sheesh!

As a european open carry without a permit is wild to me. Over here there's no such thing as "open carry with a permit" even, you're allowed to buy as gun if you pass the psych test and the police department ok's it and then you can only keep it in your house locked away. There's even a limit on bullets you can buy
No doubt a lot of the world thinks americans’ obsession with guns is crazy.

This is why I stopped playing basketball when I moved here.

You’ll see open carry here from time to time. It’s usually just cowboys out in the sticks. Doesn’t matter to me.

I never really see it with those dudes who do it for YouTube looking for a problem.

Back
Top Bottom