WHAT ARE THE TOP 20 BIGGEST CURRENT TEAM RIVALRIES??

I don't think nothing can compare to the rivalries in Soccer(I know, I know). I doubt any of us Americans would want to fight to the death, or travel allaround the world in support of our clubs.
For example, watch this clip between the rivals A.C. Milan and Inter
eek.gif

No shame in hurting your opponents goalkeeper.

Heres another good example from River Plate of Argentina against their biggest opponent, the state police

They don't play
laugh.gif
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

if we're talking RIGHT NOW, a lot of those rivalries up there havent been that big lately

but OSU-Mich is still #1 sports rivalry
If we are going by other rivalry standards, I don't understand why this one is overhyped. Ohio State owns Michigan, hence Lloyd Carr gettingcanned. Before that Michigan owned Ohio State, hence the reason John Cooper got fired. Furthermore, Michigan is overhyped every year, check their NotreDame-esque bowl record after they played "The Game".

So yeah, by ESPN, overhyped standards it's Yankees/Red Sox and UM/OSU ahead by miles. Don't get me wrong, they are great rivalries, it's justrepulsive how it gets shoved down people's throats.

and IMO Packers vs Bears>>> any other in the NFL

You are entitled to our own opinion, but ********/ Cowboys is the top NFL rivalry of all time, even though the teams aren't as good as the used to be. Onethey are in the same division, which mean two meetings each year mandatory. Two, the rivalry has been known to split families (believe me, I've seen twobrothers fighting in the Fed Ex field Parking lot after a game a couple years back) Yeah the Pats and Colts have a good rivalry going, but when they meet, theyonly reason its watched is because of the playoff implications, not becasue for the hate both franchises have for each other.

You are entitled to our own opinion, but ********/ Cowboys is the top NFL rivalry of all time,
There really isn't a best rivalry of all time, since things change, and it varies by individual. I know a lot of Cowboy fans and they believethat Eagles-Cowboys is a bigger rivalry just because the Eagles are more relevant than the 'Skins.

Just going by the Cowboys alone, through the decades:

2000's - Cowboys vs. Eagles
1990's - Cowboys vs. 49ers (IMO)
1980's (Early 90's) - Cowboys vs. Giants
- Cowboys vs. ********

I don't know sometimes people just like to make up rivalries due to logistics or conference placement. They always tried to play up the 49ers/Rams rivalrywhen it has always been lopsided. We owned the Rams in the 90's, yet they owned us during the Warner/Faulk era. Now they are both terrible, no need tobrag about either team, it's like bragging about who's armpits smell less, in the end they both stink.

USA v. Mexico soccer
Celtic v. Rangers The Old Firm. It's bigger than just soccer

The Mets/Yankees shouldn't be up there.

RamZs8906 wrote:

and IMO Packers vs Bears>>> any other in the NFL

You are entitled to our own opinion, but ********/ Cowboys is the top NFL rivalry of all time, even though the teams aren't as good as the used to be. One they are in the same division, which mean two meetings each year mandatory. Two, the rivalry has been known to split families (believe me, I've seen two brothers fighting in the Fed Ex field Parking lot after a game a couple years back) Yeah the Pats and Colts have a good rivalry going, but when they meet, they only reason its watched is because of the playoff implications, not becasue for the hate both franchises have for each other.

That's basically the same argument for the Packers/Bears except the Packers/Bears rivalry has been around longer and played over 170 games.

I think that the Giants and the Dodgers should be ATLEAST in the top 5.
you dont even have them in the top 10
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom