What are these 90s Nikes? RIP Kris Kross 90s

I grew up a hip hop fan and the love of sneakers never went away.

Sadly, former 90s teen hearthrob Chris Kelly has passed away. While scrolling through the news I came across a picture of Chris (RIP) wearing some nikes that I absolutely loved when I was growing up. The shoes in question are worn by the darker complexioned gentlemen on (our) right. The other Cris is of course wearing Jordans.

I was prone to shin splints, and these shoes were light, simple,comfortable, and fly! And though I loved, and had an eye for sneakers, I didn't really have the chance to get some that often.I think I wore them until they fell apart.

For sentimental reasons, I would like to get them again. Does anyone know what they are? They look like they could be the Air Max 180s.... But the middle and the back is different I think, and this was the only coloway I remember. thoughts?

Last edited:
My guess is one of the many Air Icarus iterations.

I'm guessing Air Icarus '92, since Daddy Mac is sporting the 7s.

They came in a bunch of colorways. I may have them in one of the early 90s Nike catalogs I have scanned at home, but I'm at the office right now.

Here's a pic of the design of the shoe - different colorway though.
View media item 392235
...I could be wrong though.

wow. impressive.

It's hard to tell , since in the picture his (Mac Daddy's) lace obscures the part that would show if the swoosh is cut off in the middle or all the way through. But the sole and tounge looks the same. Good guess. I believe we may be on to something...

Not sure what shoe it is, but from reading some of the comments in the linked article, I'm certain that the world is filled with asshats. So disrespectful. Sometimes the anononimity of the Internet pisses me off b/c you just know people wouldn't pop off like that in person.

Last edited:
if you're 25 years or older then you grew up in the golden era of hip hop & sneakers

yeh as BIP roberts sai it is the 92 air icarus a really nice shoe that NEEDS to be retroed! 

nike-air-icarus-sz.11-white-purple-gold-104000-170.jpg

Back
Top Bottom