WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?? VOL. BARNES & NOBLE GIFT CARDS FTW

Originally Posted by freewayfrankie

Eminem: The Way I Am, and Artie Lange: Too Fat Too Fish..
I am reading Artie's book too.....its not the best written book, but the stories kill me and that chapter on his dad and running on the Yankeestadium field was very touching.....

I am also reading, David Sedaris "when you are engulfed in flames"

15we24k.jpg

Just started reading Battle Royale, its really good so far. Found it from an earlier post like this.

24mxmjq.jpg

"Battle Royale, a high-octane thriller about senseless youth violence, is one of Japan's best-selling - and most controversial - novels. As part of aruthless program by the totalitarian government, ninth-grade students are taken to a small isolated island with a map, food, and various weapons. Forced towear special collars that explode when they break a rule, they must fight each other for three days until only one "winner" remains."-amazon.com

Really questions your morals and you often find yourself questioning what would you do.

Just finished:
The Wu-Tang Manual by The RZA
All The Rage by Aaron McGruder
Wanted by Mark Millar

Currently reading:
Watchmen by Alan Moore

Originally Posted by schudj25

I'm re-reading this again, If you want to learn how to eat healthy for the New Year read this. Also read Omnivore's Dilemma for the more ethical side of eating.

InDefenseFood_cover_med.jpg
Can you give a synopsis of the book? From reading the label wrapped around the lettuce, it seems like one should eat less meat and more veggie?

I picked up Muay Thai Unleashed tonight from Barnes And Noble. Should be done in 2 weeks tops. I still haven't finish the essays of Warren Buffet, I lostinterest half way through with that one.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by schudj25

I'm re-reading this again, If you want to learn how to eat healthy for the New Year read this. Also read Omnivore's Dilemma for the more ethical side of eating.

InDefenseFood_cover_med.jpg
Can you give a synopsis of the book? From reading the label wrapped around the lettuce, it seems like one should eat less meat and more veggie?

I picked up Muay Thai Unleashed tonight from Barnes And Noble. Should be done in 2 weeks tops. I still haven't finish the essays of Warren Buffet, I lost interest half way through with that one.

Yeah pretty much that phrase, Eat Food, Not Too Much, Mostly Plants is the book if you will in a nut shell, the beginning of the book goes into his reasoningfor his advice and in the second part of the book is his advice.

Pollan brings up the point of the idea of "nutritionism" for his reasoning and how we focus just on the nutrients in the food instead of the wholecomplex system the food is (like focousing in on the beta-carotene in carrots) which leads to products like vitamin water or how we end up getting Omega 3-s incookies. When we take the nutrients out of the food they naturally occur in, they sometimes don't work at all and can actually cause harm to us. Also onhow the food industry is then able to use this "nutritionism" as a marketing tool which allows them to make unhealthy food seem healthy like wholewheat poptarts.

Then some of his advice is like don't fill up where your car fills up, don't eat anything you can't pronounce, contains something you don'tknow or of couse has high fructose corn syrup in it, Also eat wild foods like for meat (Venison, Elk, Buffalo, grass fed beef and chicken), Shop the outer partof the grocery store or even avoid the stroe and go to your local farmer's market, Eat Meals instead of snacks, Eat at the kitchen table and avoid doingsomething else while eating like watching television or being on the internet.

Those are just some of the main points for his reasoning and advice, It really is the best book for nutrition I believe,also really recomend almost readingOmnivores Dilema first and then reading In Defense Of Food if you do decide to pick it up. I'm studying to become a dietittian and I really agree with mostof his logic in the book.

Back
Top Bottom