What changes will/can Orlando make for next season?

it is funny how people think gilbert would work with the magic.... he is far from a team player....and like someone said earlier its crazy to trade nelson... he was balling for 8 straight games....the celtics just took their heart and thats it... you can tell by watching the games and nelson isnt finishing plays... whether it would be an extra dribble or make that extra pass...they know themselves its over and there is nothing howard can say to change the teams mindset...and people are not giving perkins the credit... he is a very good defensive players... if you look at the celtics play defense they get to the spot where the offensive player wants to get first so instead of dwight being 5 ft to the basketball hes getting the rock at 10 to 12 ft out... that is great defense because they know he not effective from out there....magic just dont match up well with the celtics and not many teams do when they are healthy...a lot of people say magic this and that but lets give credit to the celtics... they just beat up on 2 teams with the best records in the NBA... they are a really good team thats playing inspired

Jameer is very good, but you need a better distributor at the 2 if he's going to be your pg. Dwight should get 4 or 5 lobs a game, but I think it's only happened once in this Celtics series. I can't criticize the decision to let Hedo walk because he mailed in this season. Rashard is better on offense and defense than Ryan Anderson. KG would have an even easier time guarding him because he's 0 threat to put the ball on the floor. Rashard is actually doing a commendable job on KG. He gets help from doubles and Dwight, but I thought KG was going to do more damage.

I don't know if Stan and Dwight are the best match for each other. I don't think it's acceptable that he's only pulling down 7.5 boards in the last 2 games.

Originally Posted by DT43

Oh yeah, team him up with some combination of Nelson, Carter and Lewis; that would work wonders...

no, swap Lewis for Arenas. i wouldnt necessarily want Lewis on the Wizards, but theoretically it would work for Orl. or they could get rid of Carter somehow as well.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

Gilbert Arenas?
Gil would be a PERFECT fit for Orlando. but that is gonna be overlooked due to his contract (which could be balanced out) and Gil's supposed "character issues"
ya because there is something wrong with the shoot 1st PG they have already
indifferent.gif
are you really comparing Jameer Nelson to Gilbert Arenas? 

yes, there is something wrong with Nelson... he can't score and he can't pass. he is one of the main reasons ORL is getting swept. Arenas would be the most versatile wing player in Orlando's lineup.. he can do everything Nelson and Carter can do, and better. he attacks the basket (something none of Orlando's wings are capable of), he's a bigtime player they can go to in crunchtime, and he would work well with Dwight on the pick-and-roll due to his passing ability.

Arenas wouldnt all of a sudden turn Orlando into the favorites, but he would be a very strong addition.

But if we got Arenas, then we'd be losing size and we'd have Jameer and Arenas. Makes no sense. Getting Eddy Curry would clog the middle like Shaq. He would need to see limited minutes. 

I don't see any way Orlando can beat this Boston team as long as they're playing at this extremely high level. Regardless of any potential trades/fa pick ups since their lack of cap flexibility. You can just hope the celtics start declining asap if ur Orlando and that ur players add to their games and improve. Right now it's still bostons time. Orlando will inevitably get better than them, so I think Orlando has to prepare building a core to win it for a 2-5 year span from now against whichever team lebron James makes the next contender of the east.

I don't see any way Orlando can beat this Boston team as long as they're playing at this extremely high level. Regardless of any potential trades/fa pick ups since their lack of cap flexibility. You can just hope the celtics start declining asap if ur Orlando and that ur players add to their games and improve. Right now it's still bostons time. Orlando will inevitably get better than them, so I think Orlando has to prepare building a core to win it for a 2-5 year span from now against whichever team lebron James makes the next contender of the east.

It will be interesting to see what the Magic do this off-season. Arguably the team with the most depth in the league, it is disappointing to not give the bench more of a chance. However, who would have thought the production that would be coming from the starters this series. A more consistent low-post offense that is effective against a tough defense like the Celtics? Yao Ming will probably be a FA... :/

i find it funny that wizard fans are the ONLY ones that see Gilbert as a fit for the magic
Interesting.

Spoiler [+]
Sources told ESPN.com that Magic general manager Otis Smith, who was part of Golden State’s brain trust when the Warriors drafted Arenas as a second-rounder in 2001, continues to be one of Arenas’ closest confidantes in the league.

Sources thus say it’s a virtual certainty, given the depth of their friendship, that Arenas will lobby Smith to be the GM who looks past the damage this incident has done to Gil's reputation and grants his comeback chance. 

That being said, it's almost a guarantee that the Magic would ask that the Wizards take Rashard Lewis off their hands.....

so one aggressive dunk at the end of a blowout made everyone think that brandon bass is the answer
laugh.gif

one thing all championship teams have had in common is a great leader as a head coach.

i find it funny that wizard fans are the ONLY ones that see Gilbert as a fit for the magic
i find it funny that everyone other than Wizards fans seems to think that Gilbert is a selfish player and pervasive team cancer. the reason i can see him fitting with the Magic is because myself and people who follow the Wizards know that despite some of his antics, he has been a great playmaker and team player, and can carry his squad when he needs to.

But if we got Arenas, then we'd be losing size and we'd have Jameer andArenas. Makes no sense. Getting Eddy Curry would clog the middle likeShaq. He would need to see limited minutes.

if you replace Lewis with an actual PF, how are you losing size? you'd actually be gaining strength inside.

imo Nelson/Arenas/Carter/Bass/Howard with Barnes/Reddick/Pietrus off the bench would work better than what you have right now.

Originally Posted by clkru

beg Toronto to give Hedo back for Vince Carter and a side of fries...?

Magic fans are finally discovering the painful truth that Seattle always knew about Rashard Lewis... dude is a pro at disappearing when it matters most. Sure he'll hit some 3's against crappy defense during the regular season, but not when it matters in the playoffs. When the Sonics pushed the Spurs to 6 games in the '05 Western Semi's, Lewis sat out game six with a sore toe or soemthing, leaving Ray Allen all alone out there to deal with (and lose to) Ginobili and Bowen.

I can't believe Lewis is the Magic's highest paid player!
Lewis played well the last two years for the Magic in the playoffs, he's be embarrassing this playoffs, but he usually steps up.

A week and a half ago the Magic were the best team in the NBA, now we're tearing them apart. 
laugh.gif
smh.gif

How quickly things change in one series. 

They need some tweaks, but I don't know about blowing it all up.  They are GREAT frontrunners, when their shots are falling, when things are working they snowball and can't be stopped.  But when you slow them down, or hit them in the mouth, they look like they crumble.  Least, that's how the Finals and this series looks. 

I kinda like Peitrus starting either at the 2 or the 3.  I dunno if you can survive with Lewis at the 3 for a full season.  Could he handle guarding those guys all year?  Bron, Melo, Durant?  Cuz otherwise, you'll be having cross matchups all damn year long, and I don't know why you would stress your defense like that.  Doesn't that seem risky to anyone? 

It all comes down to SVG, its tough because the city loves him and his personally. The dude has too many one-liners. But the team has lacked the mental toughness and made too many costly mental errors.  The free throws at the end of GM 1, and JJ's mistake at the end of GM 2.

But had they taken GM 1 or 2, this would be a different story.

The team can't really make any moves next season, too many big and long contracts, a low first round pick. They need to keep Vince, because the new arena is opening up next year and he moves season tickets.

But with this stinker they laid, Otis Smith will probably try to use Gortat as trade bait/feeler. Try to move Vince (1 yr left with team option yr after), if they can get an equal valued name player, to sell tickets. Idk, Lewis contract just hurts them a lot. We should of never signed him.

To be honest I find our roster to be very good. I did mention before that the only true notable hit we'll get this summer is if JJ does not resign, but im sure otis will find a way to bring him back. Neither J will nor AJ are coming back that's for sure. Also, with our new arena opening next year i'm sure that'll intrigue some efficient players to come to orlando. We have the pieces in place to win a title, we just have to do a couple of tweaks. I do believe that otis did a great job on building this team into a contender. Keep the core and just move forward

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

It all comes down to SVG, its tough because the city loves him and his personally. The dude has too many one-liners. But the team has lacked the mental toughness and made too many costly mental errors.  The free throws at the end of GM 1, and JJ's mistake at the end of GM 2.

But had they taken GM 1 or 2, this would be a different story.

The team can't really make any moves next season, too many big and long contracts, a low first round pick. They need to keep Vince, because the new arena is opening up next year and he moves season tickets.

But with this stinker they laid, Otis Smith will probably try to use Gortat as trade bait/feeler. Try to move Vince (1 yr left with team option yr after), if they can get an equal valued name player, to sell tickets. Idk, Lewis contract just hurts them a lot. We should of never signed him.

Not questioning you, but who exactly is buying season tickets off the strength of a 33 year old Vince Carter? 

Cut Rashard Lewis and make him pay you back plus interest, smh this guy has been no where to be found.

DT43, in that lineup you'd have Arenas guarding the 2's which I think would lead to problems and Carter guarding the 3 when he can't even contain Pierce right now. Now if you put Peaches at the 3 maybe the team becomes a tad bit better defensively. But still, Arenas at the two spells problems IMO. Howard would foul out in the first half with the the drives that would be coming to the lane on that small backcourt of Nelson and Arenas.

Trading Gortat/Bass would be a huge mistake. Getting rid of some of the perimeter players who go so damn hot and cold would be the better route.

Im sorry, but i knew the VC signing wasnt gonna do anythin for orlando, Carter is soft and always has been

hedo leavin doesnt matter...

the issue with this magic team is that it revoles around #12 and him grabbing rebounds and dishing for the 3pter

the reason boston made them look silly is that they had the front court players to slow/stop #12 and didnt allow him to make waves.

They handled Cavs last year cause the cavs didn't have a front court. Vag is a hustle player, thats all and big Z isnt a banger. Gortat/#12 had their waves...

VC needs to go, they need a dynamic PG who can drive and dish and a stopper.

Rashard is too inconsistent, at this point he should come off the bench.

VC will never be the "piece" to a championship team, at this point he can start but should be a number 3 option or coming off the bench.

Trading courtny lee last year was stupid
smh.gif
smh.gif

I will never understand why They put themselves in the cap situation they're in now by givin Rashard Lewis a max deal. He's nice but he isnt worth anywhere even close to a max contract MAYBE half that.

Hardcore Sonics fans out there, was Rashard's defense that weak when he was a full time SF? Taking steroids or not, his length should be a positive on defense against shorter players.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by CP1708

Could he handle guarding those guys all year?  Bron, Melo, Durant? 
How many people can check Bron/Melo/Durant anyways? Ain't but a few.

But could he even stay on the court at all against them nightly?  Barnes can at least attempt to work on them, could Lewis do the same, or just foul out in 77 seconds like Dwight? 

40% of your starting lineup fouling out before half isn't usually a solid look. 
laugh.gif

i know it won't happen but imagine if orlando were to come back and win the series, it would be 2 boston teams that play in the same arena blowing 3-0 series leads in a 2 week span.

Back
Top Bottom