What do you use your credit card for?

Everyday purchases (food, gas, etc), Big purchases (TV, shopping, etc), Monthly bills (gym memberships, phone, etc)
Just got a card after years of fixing a mistake I made with a previous card. Trying to figure out the best way to put this new card to use and increase my credit score.

I really used mines for a dollar yesterday
30t6p3b.gif

Definitely don't use it for big purchases if you can't repay them back within 3 months.

Use it for monthly gym memberships, gas, and grocery stores. That way you can easily pay them off when you get the bill.

Originally Posted by KrazyChino

Just about everything....
Pretty much.

Gas, dinners, shoes, and etc. I use my debit card only because it requires me to 5x a month or they'll take $6 out of my checking.

Getting rewards
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What cards do you all have?? I'm actually looking to build my credit as well. I was thinking about getting the one BofA has since I bank with them.

ive bought some shoes with mine and recently new rear tires on my car but i dont owe much on it like 270 or something like that i usually send 40-50 bucks a month

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

I use my credit cards to pay off my other credit cards.

What is everyone's opinion on this? I always thought that would look bad, unless you are getting a lower interest rate with the new card

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Everyday purchases (food, gas, etc), Big purchases (TV, shopping, etc), Monthly bills (gym memberships, phone, etc)
Just got a card after years of fixing a mistake I made with a previous card. Trying to figure out the best way to put this new card to use and increase my credit score.

I use my credit card in almost 99% of my transactions, or wherever it is acceptable.  It provides me liquidity, security, and most of all, helps me w/ rewards and convenience.  I even used my c.c. for a $2 coffee.  We've become a paperless society now.

Everything! Including my business. Many people don't realize how great some of the rewards programs are. After 1 month of using for the company, I was able to get a $250 gift card (used on Nike)

Straight cash homie!

I haven't used mine in awhile. Probably rack it up during a vacation by Summer's end.

Originally Posted by pacmandreads

Everything! Cash back and rewards
pimp.gif
This.
I dont care if its 27 cents.  I'm putting it on my card.  As long as you arent an irresponsible dummy, there is no reason not to use your card for everything.  A lot of the better cards have purchase protection, extended warranty, and a myriad of other benefits.  The real bonus is the cash back and/or rewards points.  I've racked up enough points this year to buy $1,000 of airfare, FOR FREE.  Thank you Chase for my free airline ticket to Europe this Fall.  I payoff my balance in full at the end of the month so I never accrue interest.

Originally Posted by NCTwin

What cards do you all have?? I'm actually looking to build my credit as well. I was thinking about getting the one BofA has since I bank with them.

I have mine with Wells Fargo. I just stayed with my bank since its more convenient to transfer funds over to make my payment. After I've had the card a few year I'll get my deposit back and I think the limiti will increase. There's a $25 annual fee and the interest is 18% (based on some market bs). I plan on paying whatever I spend within the month so I don't feel it. 

Back
Top Bottom