What duo in the MLB would you choose for the next 10 years?

Saw this in a chat today and figured it'd be a good topic to bring here.  With the surplus of great hitting/pitching prospects being brought up/drafted so far this year, which duo would you choose to be on your team for the next decade?  Mind you, starting today and they are still brought along as a normal prospect (i.e. Bryce Harper wouldn't be making his debut until maybe 2013 so you lose 3 years already).  I'll try to go through every team and name one but if I miss one please feel free to add or if you feel my selection of a player is incorrect go right ahead and adjust it.

[table][tr][td]Hughes/Cano[/td][td]Baker/Mauer[/td][td]Reckling/Morales[/td][/tr][tr][td]Arrieta/Weiters[/td][td]Hagadone/Santana[/td][td]Hernandez/Ackley[/td][/tr][tr][td]Romero/Wallace[/td][td]Verlander/Cabrera[/td][td]Smoak/Feliz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Price/Longoria[/td][td]Danks/Can't name a hitter[/td][td]Carter/Braden[/td][/tr][tr][td]Lester/Anderson[/td][td]Greinke/Butler[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Pelfrey/Davis[/td][td]Garcia/Rasmus[/td][td]Jimenez/Tulowitzki[/td][/tr][tr][td]Hanson/Heyward[/td][td]Gallardo/Braun[/td][td]Lincecum/Posey[/td][/tr][tr][td]Strasburg/Harper[/td][td]Leake/Votto[/td][td]Castro/Gonzalez[/td][/tr][tr][td]Johnson/Stanton[/td][td]Lincoln/McCutchen[/td][td]Kershaw/Kemp[/td][/tr][tr][td]Hamels/Brown[/td][td]Lyles/Pence?[/td][td]Haren/Upton[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]Marshall/Castro[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
I know that a lot of people aren't really into the minors or are going to make homer picks and I don't expect much out of this thread
laugh.gif

My pick is Johnson/Stanton BTW.

Elvis and Feliz...
pimp.gif

no really... Probably Price and Longoria.

If Gonzo gets paid, which I highly doubt, and remains with the Padres...

Then...

Latos/Gonzalez

and another favorite of mine...

Wainwright/Pujols

Forgot about Elvis...I was also thinking about Scheppers or Perez instead of Feliz.

I put it on Excel and pasted it to my post and it came out looking awful
laugh.gif

JPZ, those were off the top of my head and I couldn't think of any good pitching prospects for the Twins.

KB8, you willing to bet Pujols puts up the same #'s for the next decade?

Originally Posted by Proshares

KB8, you willing to bet Pujols puts up the same #'s for the next decade?
Man, You got me on that. I'd say he's got at least 4-5 years left in the tank before he starts falling off.

Pujols/Wainwright will NOT be a combination of the next 10 years. They wont be on the same team.

My answer is Jimenez/Tulowitzki

Strasburg/Harper

Have to do it after seeing that start the other night and Harper is going to be a monster too

Hughs/Cano because I'm a Yankees fan and hoping it becomes that.

But Jimenez/Tulo is probably the best combo.

Here is Dustin Ackleys stats so far this year in Double A.

TeamLeagueAVGGABRH2B3BHRRBITBBBSOSBCSOBPSLGOPS
WTNSOU.24654183314512311866412751.396.361.756

Nothing too impressive. The Mariners have him playing second but I bet he will be eventually moved to the outfield.

Back
Top Bottom