What happened to Freddy Adu?

i remember dude gettin drafted at 14/16 years old a while back.

Did he ever go onto become anything? he was supposed to be the next great and carry American Futbol to the next level.

nerd.gif

i remember dude gettin drafted at 14/16 years old a while back.

Did he ever go onto become anything? he was supposed to be the next great and carry American Futbol to the next level.

nerd.gif

He's playing in Europe. I think he's still on contract for Portoguese giants Benfica. But he's probably on loan somewhere.
He's still pretty young. I think he's only 21...so there's still time for him.

He's playing in Europe. I think he's still on contract for Portoguese giants Benfica. But he's probably on loan somewhere.
He's still pretty young. I think he's only 21...so there's still time for him.

Freddy is currently on loan to 2nd division Turkish club Rizespor. He's under contract with Benfica, who want absolutely nothing to do with him, until 2012.

All the Michael Jordan of US Soccer nonsense back in the day was pure hyperbole and generated by the hype machine. 

He's a decent player, and is still probably one of the most skilled and few actual "playmakers" in the USMNT player pool but poor work ethic and a lack of mental toughness have lead to his roller coaster ride of a career. Benfica signed him to a hefty contract and he seems to have been content making millions while letting his career stagnate these past few years.

He's still only 21, a lot of people have written him off but if he ever matures and starts working like a true professional he could still develop into a good player in a respectable league and be an actual factor for the national team outside of just CONCACAF play.

Freddy is currently on loan to 2nd division Turkish club Rizespor. He's under contract with Benfica, who want absolutely nothing to do with him, until 2012.

All the Michael Jordan of US Soccer nonsense back in the day was pure hyperbole and generated by the hype machine. 

He's a decent player, and is still probably one of the most skilled and few actual "playmakers" in the USMNT player pool but poor work ethic and a lack of mental toughness have lead to his roller coaster ride of a career. Benfica signed him to a hefty contract and he seems to have been content making millions while letting his career stagnate these past few years.

He's still only 21, a lot of people have written him off but if he ever matures and starts working like a true professional he could still develop into a good player in a respectable league and be an actual factor for the national team outside of just CONCACAF play.

the hype got him. he doesn't have the mental toughness to make it in europe and he refuses to come back to MLS because he won't get paid what he thinks he deserves. he's young so it's not too late for him but he has to either get playing time at a club or suck it up and play at home.

the hype got him. he doesn't have the mental toughness to make it in europe and he refuses to come back to MLS because he won't get paid what he thinks he deserves. he's young so it's not too late for him but he has to either get playing time at a club or suck it up and play at home.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Is he?

As an African, I must say: his age is questionable.

Is he?

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Is he?

It's funy because you're right, who knows if he's really 21 or not.

What I do know is he hasn't grown more than an inch since he was supposedly 14 and he's only put on a few pounds as well. Like this dude never finished hitting puberty?
laugh.gif

Is he?

What I do know is he hasn't grown more than an inch since he was supposedly 14 and he's only put on a few pounds as well. Like this dude never finished hitting puberty?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Is he?

laugh.gif
or he just hit it early

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Is he?

laugh.gif
or he just hit it early

He could have, but even when you hit puberty at a young age, you still continue to develop physically throughout your teen years and into adult hood. I don't know of anyone who just stopped growing at 14.

He could have, but even when you hit puberty at a young age, you still continue to develop physically throughout your teen years and into adult hood. I don't know of anyone who just stopped growing at 14.

regardless of his actual age, i meant the kid (or adult) has enough talent to play professionally, and it's more his work ethic and mind state that is holding him back. when i say he's young, i dont mean he is lacking talent physical maturity, rather mental and emotional maturity.

regardless of his actual age, i meant the kid (or adult) has enough talent to play professionally, and it's more his work ethic and mind state that is holding him back. when i say he's young, i dont mean he is lacking talent physical maturity, rather mental and emotional maturity.

No bull, but when I saw his games from youth tournaments, I know he has the skills.

He has a terrrible work ethic.

Dude just cares about money..smh.

Dude was making plays last year for Aris and I thought that was the jump start to reviving his career. smh at me.

But the U-20 Freddy Adu is Appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom