What happened to the intimidating looking thug?

My girl asked me this today in the mall....I really don't know the answer. With the fad of too-small, spandex-tight jeans, rhinestone studded belts,smedium shirts, vans, etc...thugs just ain't what they were. Dudes were trying their best to look hard, but it just wasn't working. I guess thedipset is at fault.

It's still around.

I still see dudes with tall tees and saggy everything. I think the new intimidating look is "locks". No offense to anybody...

Can't carry a glock in your sisters jeans.

The grimy looking thugs are still around just gotta look. It's like where's waldo?

Whenever I watch modern Asian gangster/martial arts movies, i just think to myself "damn, i just saw this guy kill 10 people with his bare hands, but hestill looks like a complete flake."

Not everybody is dressing like DipSet. When Im in the hood I still see dudes with big/tall tees, shorts down to their ankles,
dreds, golds, tats and everything else that people consider intimidating. Don't think that cuz a few dudes is wearing studs
on their belt that it's the national trend or something. As I said before in previous threads, some of the Yardies be having
on the tightest Buffalo jeans your ever seen, but will clap you down with the quickness if there's problems. Clothes don't
make the man, believe that.

Walk through OrangeMound in Memphis alone if you want to........
laugh.gif

All the real Gs of my day are Dead,locked up, or finally made it. These lil goons in the streets now are not intimidating.

NAH

AROUND HERE IN DADE

THE GOONS ARE WEARING FITTED CLOTHES AND 3XL TEE'S '

SO ITS A MIX & MATCH ON HOW YOU WANT TO GET ICE GRILL

they're around the corner beatin the *%%# out of the skinny jeaned dude you jus saw walk by....

so gangsters can't keep up with trends? i mean they like women too and isn't that why we follow trends anyway? unless yall get dressed to impress men.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

It's still around.

I still see dudes with tall tees and saggy everything. I think the new intimidating look is "locks". No offense to anybody...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]Not in Saint Louis, Thugs, Intellectual cats, and Gays all rockdreads. Died tips and everything.[/color]

my building is full of these clowns. i actually saw a dude yesterday wearing pineapple colored skin tight jeans. he got in the elevator with me and my brotherin law and we laughed at dude the whole ride
laugh.gif
#%@* is pathetic , i blame jim jones. soon these dudes gonna start wearing make up ...........

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

It's still around.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]Not in Saint Louis, Thugs, Intellectual cats, and Gays all rock dreads. Died tips and everything.[/color]
I think dreads are just fashion now, not intimidating. I've been growing mine since I was 8 years old, because I was scared of my barber
laugh.gif

I'm not with the dyed tips though, and I don't keep em for the fashion aspect, I just hate haircuts.

It's still around.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]Not in Saint Louis, Thugs, Intellectual cats, and Gays all rock dreads. Died tips and everything.[/color]

I hate that stereotype. I have dreads and people are surprised when I speak well and get good grades. My basketball coach basically tried to call me a"thug".

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

All the real Gs of my day are Dead,locked up, or finally made it. These lil goons in the streets now are not intimidating.

cosign.

i guess i'm just getting older, but it takes alot to intimidate me in public, and by alot, i mean a barrel in my mouth.

Originally Posted by kiuyt856

It's still around.

I think dreads are just fashion now, not intimidating. I've been growing mine since I was 8 years old, because I was scared of my barber
laugh.gif

I'm not with the dyed tips though, and I don't keep em for the fashion aspect, I just hate haircuts.
You see a lot of that in the DMV...dudes w. the dyed tips, shells, and the whole 9 in their hair....this whole dread movement has exploded...

It's still around.

Yeah people still wear the old stuff here (Philly). MisterP, didn't you retire from NT?

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

Anyone who tries to look like an "intimidating thug" is most likely a clown anyways.
People don't try generally. Saying someone looks like an intimidating thug is just code talk for I'm scared of you because you'reblack/Latino, but I don't want to admit it that way. If tommorow, all black people started wearing tutus and pink diapers, they'd still get followedaround in stores, dodged on the streets, people dial 9-1-1 then hold the send button, the same typical they get now and if confronted the people doing it wouldsay, "No, it's not because you're black, it's because you're dressed like a thug."

Thugs "wear" black or almond (Latino) skin.
"

Back
Top Bottom