What happened to yall dressin better cats??...

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

Yo, I vividly remember that thread about the basketball shorts + socks + flip flops vs dressing better 
laugh.gif

Thread was hilarious. More feelings caught with every page 
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dressing better thread is going 1600+ pages strong.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I guarantee its the usual and genuine cats keeping it alive. I bet you can ask them to compare the thread's production then compared to now and the drop off would be similar to when the Magic loss Shaq and Penny.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

laugh.gif
at half the board struggling to comprehend what dude is saying.

His analogy game is on point though!
pimp.gif

Who are you OP? I'd like see a analogy battle between you, Wisepharoah and Watson.

Might get sniped on sight...but I use to be That N Marcus Graham on HT and a few other executed names over the years. Im a model citizen now tho Dirty and Meth
nerd.gif
I just want the Yeezy 2s man
laugh.gif
Shoe game desperate for some Six Sigma b.

Make sure you got a good video card and wear some eye protection because some of the bright %%! colors in that thread will make your eyes bleed if not. Dudes thinkin' they doing it dressed like a damn easter egg, and ++@#%@ wearing full suits and tuxedos made out of silk but tight like superhero outfits or wetsuits. Most of the stuff in that thread I just couldn't cosign; daisy dukes, capris, colors that ain't in a 64 crayon box pants, red plaid shorts and brown penny loafers with no socks talkin bout "this how us grown people dress," pants so tight you can't put your hand in your pocket, jeans and suit jackets like Seinfeld, etc. If you google "Niketalk dressing better," you get an inordinate amount of pics of the same member though.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Make sure you got a good video card and wear some eye protection because some of the bright %%! colors in that thread will make your eyes bleed if not. Dudes thinkin' they doing it dressed like a damn easter egg, and ++@#%@ wearing full suits and tuxedos made out of silk but tight like superhero outfits or wetsuits. Most of the stuff in that thread I just couldn't cosign; daisy dukes, capris, colors that ain't in a 64 crayon box pants, red plaid shorts and brown penny loafers with no socks talkin bout "this how us grown people dress," pants so tight you can't put your hand in your pocket, jeans and suit jackets like Seinfeld, etc. If you google "Niketalk dressing better," you get an inordinate amount of pics of the same member though.

Stick to tall tees and JNCOs if it makes you happy, we'll keep wearing clothes that fit regardless if you cosign it or not.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Man If that's what they like that's them. They have a thread to themselves for that. People needa stop caring bout what the next man and worry bout themselves. Different strokes for different folks.

I was thinking dude was Kerry, but he's missing a Ghostface/Raekwon/Nas avy..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I feel you tho, fambs, I think the Dressing better thread fell off a 1000 pages ago, when steezy started to post in it.  And the movement definitely fell off in the streets, the average dude seen they weren't baggin' chicks with sperry's and sebago's, and a high percentage probably don't even mind.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
 So they switched back to the foams and snapbacks, what's hot now, soon it will be something else. 

The dressing better will still be there, I can't be pushing 30 working for a firm, and on my off days dressing like Curren$y.. No sir.

Are you saying if the "dressing better" dudes succeeded in making more/younger people like that style, we could get our jordan's, foams, and other nike retro's easier??

i will never understand how cats will critize how another man dresses and not post pics of what they are rocking. if the style you adorn is so fresh, post pics too back up your opinion. talk is cheap.

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

Im over here scrolling the celebs thread/nike board in disbelief.
frown.gif
I remember I was hating hard on you upper crust new age cats at one point...even started a eastcoast/westcoast beefish thread about how bitties like the authentic shorts, nike socks, and slippers look more than what that cat had on taking polaroids in rwanda boardrooms...but man...I feel like some wealthy republican who finally realizes I need there to be a poor demographic so me and my chubs can stay getting rich smashing these skeezers, driving these fly cars, and definitely not dressing like some of the cats that was in that thread.

Yall let me down man. Yall was suppose to have 11 year olds sitting out of gym class cause they sperrys had no friction on the bottom. Back in '10...Nike spies was running to top execs having them consider throwing a lifetime contract at Fonzworth Bentley. Yall dropped the ball man! We needed yall! I honestly think its cause yall wasnt fly enough! Some of yall took it too OD to the point it looked wack. Hyping on some church shoes and rain dodgers when yall should have had the redwings website crashing cause they dropped the joints with the fur inside. Ksteezy no @#$% was like MJ in the Dreamteam photo shoots...dude deserved to be in the middle...but the rest of you cats hovering around him dropped the ball. Im truly upset b.

No Yeezy 2s for me
frown.gif

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I feel you tho, fambs, I think the Dressing better thread fell off a 1000 pages ago, when steezy started to post in it.  And the movement definitely fell off in the streets, the average dude seen they weren't baggin' chicks with sperry's and sebago's, and a high percentage probably don't even mind.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
 So they switched back to the foams and snapbacks, what's hot now, soon it will be something else. 

The dressing better will still be there, I can't be pushing 30 working for a firm, and on my off days dressing like Curren$y.. No sir.
Keeping it real.  I'm in my late 20's, there's no way I can get any love from quality women wearing foams and snapbacks.  Women around me, around my age all think that dressing like that is for college/high school kids.  I think the majority of people in there, are not concerned with what's poppin in the "streets" per se.  
You'll notice that a lot of the dudes in the Dressing Better thread are in the workforce (often corporate) already.  Try rocking up to your bosses BBQ wearing foams and snapbacks. 

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Keeping it real.  I'm in my late 20's, there's no way I can get any love from quality women wearing foams and snapbacks.  Women around me, around my age all think that dressing like that is for college/high school kids.  I think the majority of people in there, are not concerned with what's poppin in the "streets" per se.  
You'll notice that a lot of the dudes in the Dressing Better thread are in the workforce (often corporate) already.  Try rocking up to your bosses BBQ wearing foams and snapbacks. 
This man knows!!!
roll.gif

When you hit corporate you have to dress well to go to work.  Then your whole wardrobe is polo's button downs and khakis.  So its hard to find time to buy some casual gear because you know you will never wear it.  Got me doing the old "well i can wear this to work and casually so i will buy it".  I have 50+ pairs of sneakers and i wear (non-workout) sneakers saturday and sunday only at this point.  Stupid Roshe's are all comfortable and i am wearing them everywhere all the time too
tired.gif
laugh.gif

But To OP......i have no clue what you were saying at any point in that ramble....que the billy madison "we are now a little dumber for hearing that"

Originally Posted by GAGJR

i will never understand how cats will critize how another man dresses and not post pics of what they are rocking. if the style you adorn is so fresh, post pics too back up your opinion. talk is cheap.
Simple, it's called an opinion.  Opinions are like !$!!@*%# everyone has one.  Long as you're comfortable with what you wear that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Still not sure what's being said.  but personally, the only reason I stopped wearing sneakers, was because imo it was never really a good look for me, or my body type (think a short thin dude in big pants and foams.....
eyes.gif

Compliments at school and a feeling a community on the boards (no lie, at least) were a lot of what kept me going in the game.  Plus it was all I knew, growing up back home.  I tried switching up my style and found although I ended up getting less props from dudes, and dudes online..And more and more props from females
pimp.gif

BTW OP, by the time references you're mentioning, I had already long stopped going anywhere on this board but the "general forum"

Also, by the time neek was jumping through the air like a maniac and taking photos in wdywt, there were already quite a few of us on that game, and let's not call that "years ahead of it's time" although I never wore quite as snuggly a pant leg as him (we can all agree girlpants that think were never "dressing better") I think he's spent his time and is aware of what's marketable indeed
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom