What is going on with resale prices for (not too old) Jordans?

eBay has a 13% premium which you have to account for. Anything you'd see here is automatically 15% higher just because of the fees. Add to that the fact that the eBay consumer for Jordans and shoes in general is a chump, and you can see why sellers set artificially high prices knowing they can make higher profits than thru sites like here. I won't buy anything off eBay, and while I'm sure there are still a few steals out there, there's also a lot of shady dirtbags on eBay and you have to do a lot of searching and spend a lot of time monitoring stuff to find what you need. I'd much rather deal with NT or another site to credentialize sellers and make much more fair trades and purchases.

Originally Posted by super23freak

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

And the sad thing is that not all of them are DS.

Worn shoes going for over $250 is ridiculous; talking about retros.
That's insane!!!!
(heads to eBay to list worn shoes)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trappedintime

eBay has a 13% premium which you have to account for. Anything you'd see here is automatically 15% higher just because of the fees. Add to that the fact that the eBay consumer for Jordans and shoes in general is a chump, and you can see why sellers set artificially high prices knowing they can make higher profits than thru sites like here. I won't buy anything off eBay, and while I'm sure there are still a few steals out there, there's also a lot of shady dirtbags on eBay and you have to do a lot of searching and spend a lot of time monitoring stuff to find what you need. I'd much rather deal with NT or another site to credentialize sellers and make much more fair trades and purchases.

I agree and disagree with this statement. I actually think eBay is the SAFEST way to purchase, the reason being that eBay/PayPal ALWAYS protects the buyer. If you get scammed on eBay, you WILL get refunded without a doubt. There are shady dudes on here and ISS who have scammed people with "gift payment options" and "I won't ship until you ship first." But I definitely agree with you; eBay is robbery for charging 13%. That's just ridiculous. I used to use eBay until they started to be stupid with all their charges. 

Originally Posted by jamazing

I agree and disagree with this statement. I actually think eBay is the SAFEST way to purchase, the reason being that eBay/PayPal ALWAYS protects the buyer. If you get scammed on eBay, you WILL get refunded without a doubt. There are shady dudes on here and ISS who have scammed people with "gift payment options" and "I won't ship until you ship first." But I definitely agree with you; eBay is robbery for charging 13%. That's just ridiculous. I used to use eBay until they started to be stupid with all their charges. 

Nowadays you see most people using their auctions to advertise their product for this reason.  Then they'll try and work a deal out with you to avoid the eBay fee and just deal with the Paypal fee.  Since Paypal offers buyer protection too now if I recall correctly (not just eBay only anymore), it's not a bad strategy.

its not just j's tho, all of those color ways of the lebron 9's are high, kd iv's in some colors. the shoe game is just hot right now. in 2010 i got a pair of cdp v's for 160 and cdp vii's for 170, I'm almost tempted to sell now, almost.

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Nowadays you see most people using their auctions to advertise their product for this reason.  Then they'll try and work a deal out with you to avoid the eBay fee and just deal with the Paypal fee.  Since Paypal offers buyer protection too now if I recall correctly (not just eBay only anymore), it's not a bad strategy.

Absolutely; couldn't agree more. Some naive buyers don't trust doing it outside of eBay but if you can get them to understand paypal offers protection it is a great idea. 

This doesn't seem fair to me, SELLER pays 13% and the buyer gets all the protection...as a seller you must send by registered mail to "protect" against scammers claiming non receipt so its no wonder prices are going up.

Originally Posted by mushka81

Originally Posted by natisfynest

^There aint no such thing as NDS or VNDS in my opinion your shoes are either new or not
I feel the same way...
30t6p3b.gif

Well people offer the difference by stating how many wears, whether they were tried on, or whether they have any flaws (scuffs, wrinkles, etc.)
Not a HUGE difference, but a difference nonetheless.

IMO.

Back
Top Bottom