** What Is Most Comfortable Nike Running Shoe Right Now? **

Originally Posted by staab89

I have run 50-70 miles a week for the past 8 months.  I run 7 days a week and did 2200 miles last year and I run mostly in the Pegasus.  Had one pair of the 27's and I am on my 3rd pair of the 28's.  I have also run in the Vomero 6 and the Lunar Eclipse in between.  Loved the Vomero's but didn't like the Lunar Eclispe.  The toe box was too narrow in the Eclipse for me and I have a very smooth stride without much pronation, so the stability insert caused my knees to hurt.  Since then, I have been hesitant to try any of the other lunar shoes.  I like a more cushioned ride so the pegasus work well for me.  Also, the Pegasus seem to go on sale more frequently than the Vomero and come in a lot more colorways. 

I really don't mean to start a war but if you think the pegasus is comfortable you should consider trying on a brand like Asics, or Brooks. They're not the most stylish, but they're the best running shoes money can buy. 
ohwell.gif

But on the Nike side I like the Vomero, AM 09 & 2011.

OP wanted shoes to wear with jeans and frees or lunarglides would probably look best and keep your feet comfortable.

yup, I got the lunar glide 3's and they're really comfortable and look good for casual wear!
thanks for all the replies

Originally Posted by RighteousKungFu

Originally Posted by staab89

I have run 50-70 miles a week for the past 8 months.  I run 7 days a week and did 2200 miles last year and I run mostly in the Pegasus.  Had one pair of the 27's and I am on my 3rd pair of the 28's.  I have also run in the Vomero 6 and the Lunar Eclipse in between.  Loved the Vomero's but didn't like the Lunar Eclispe.  The toe box was too narrow in the Eclipse for me and I have a very smooth stride without much pronation, so the stability insert caused my knees to hurt.  Since then, I have been hesitant to try any of the other lunar shoes.  I like a more cushioned ride so the pegasus work well for me.  Also, the Pegasus seem to go on sale more frequently than the Vomero and come in a lot more colorways. 

I really don't mean to start a war but if you think the pegasus is comfortable you should consider trying on a brand like Asics, or Brooks. They're not the most stylish, but they're the best running shoes money can buy. 
ohwell.gif

But on the Nike side I like the Vomero, AM 09 & 2011.

Honestly, outve any brand of shoe that ive worn (asic, nike, brooks, mizuno...), the saucony kinvara is the best shoe ive ever ran in.

But for op, I like the lunarglide 3. The first lg is comfortable, especially if you have wide feet. The 3's are a little bit more narrow but look better/more casual imo.

I am just adding my personal comments. I find the Lunarglide 3 to have a narrow toe box, so if you have wider feet, you might need to take a closer look at them. My feet hurt after my first running session in them, and it was not because of the toe box. However, the Lunarglide 3s got much better after a few wears. It is a decent shoe. I own some Vomero shoes, and they are great. Traditionally, I have not worn Nikes for running, but I have grown to appreciate the Vomero series. If you wait, you can get great deals on Vomero shoes.

For your information, I do not consider myself a runner, but I run up to a max of roughly 30 miles per week - usually in 5-6 mile blocks.

i run about 10 miles a week, i like my nike free run+ 2 for 2-3 miles, anything more, i want something with more cushioning.

lunareclipse is the truth for everything IMO, quick short runs, longer runs 4-6miles+

also just really comfortable all together just to walk in.

Back
Top Bottom