What is not being attracted to a skin color called? vol preference, prejudice, or racist?

I think a more important question to ask is what factors lead to those preferences.

You aren't just born having them.
If you grew up around only white people then subconsciously just start being attracted to them. Black women may be out the norm.

Thousands of years of recorded history generally points the other direction though. When it comes to the opposite sex what's what's outside the norm for a group of peoples is seen as alluring and exotic and tends to sexually attract. So again what has changed to lead to these preferences?

Last edited:
Preference.

I dont like dark skin.

What that means is im not attracted to dark shades of any ethnicity.

Im mexican.

I dont like dark mexican girls, dark latin girls, dark black chicks.

Come at me and say im racist.

I don't understand how this is possible... Itz not like food or something, itz potential yambs...

Preference.

I dont like dark skin.

Im mexican.

When you frame it like that, it seems what way. It's not what you say, it's how you say it also. 

When you frame it like that, it seems what way. It's not what you say, it's how you say it also. 

Yeah i guess you have a point. But im just not attracted to darker shades of women. Ive always liked lighter, various races.

Preference.

I dont like dark skin.

Im mexican.

I dont eem know if to call it right or wrong 

But if you start asking questions to why some mentalities exist things start lookin funny style

We all may say thats just what i like but sometimes it goes deeper than that

Objectively speaking though people cant get mad at what someone else likes

Preference is Preference 

Last edited:
Preference.

I dont like dark skin.

Im mexican.

No you're just either whitewashed by western standards of beauty like most people are to some degree whether they realize it or not, or your family still clings to century old social values that associate tan scan with lower social class and outdoor manual labor. Either way you weren't born with an innate dislike for dark skin tones.

Last edited:
Be attractive and have an upper lip and we cool...can't be kissing ya teeth

Don't care what color you are

As far as physical standards

No you're just either whitewashed by western standards of beauty like most people are to some degree weather they realize it or not, or your family still clings to century old social values that associate tan scan with lower social class and outdoor manual labor. Either way you weren't born with an innate dislike for dark skin tones.
I want to agree. I really want to. But do all people that are not attracted to dark skinned women HAVE to be put into that same pot you just described?

My question is it possible that someone is just not attracted to dark skinned women without it being a reflection of social conditioning?

Good topic OP

I think a more important question to ask is what factors lead to those preferences.

You aren't just born having them.
If you grew up around only white people then subconsciously just start being attracted to them. Black women may be out the norm.

I'm the opposite... I was surrounded by only white girls until I was 20...saw a dark skinned Jamaican girl and almost kidnapped her... I'm white Btw...

No you're just either whitewashed by western standards of beauty like most people are to some degree weather they realize it or not, or your family still clings to century old social values that associate tan scan with lower social class and outdoor manual labor. Either way you weren't born with an innate dislike for dark skin tones.
I want to agree. I really want to. But do all people that are not attracted to dark skinned women HAVE to be put into that same pot you just described?

My question is it possible that someone is just not attracted to dark skinned women without it being a reflection of social conditioning?

Good topic OP

Give me a dark chocolate girl all day every day...

That doesn't even make sense. You don't have to shoehorn racial conflict into every goddamn thing on Earth
laugh.gif

I am white and I'm attracted to all races and types, some less than others. My girlfriend is mixed. I wasn't "conditioned" to feel that way.

When it comes down to it, the **** wins out over the mind. 

Last edited:
^ good question

If they're a black/Latino ima say it's social conditioning. Latino countries worse than america...you would think dark Latinos didn't exist if you watch their TV channels. Only time you see them is if it's a sporting event

Just blatantly saying you wouldn't find one person of a whole race of people attractive I feel definitely has a racial undertone. Sure, every one has preferences but one should never say they wouldn't date a whole race. One should be open to everyone as an individual and choose based on your preference and they're character and personality. A lot of people date a certain type of person based on public perception. Lord knows there's a plethora of women who would never attempt to approach me in public or wouldn't allow me to approach them, online however, is a whole different story. I've been surprised at the type of women who say something to me on the internet vs daily public life. People really care about what other people think and it's sad. I on the other hand love tall, dark, short , light, blonde, brunette, Asian, middle eastern, black, Latino you name it. I just like beautiful or as the young man said a few posts prior "Bad bi***es is the only thang that I like" and it gotta be fresh and tight ....word to Rae Sremmurd

Last edited:
That doesn't even make sense. You don't have to shoehorn racial conflict into every goddamn thing on Earth :lol:

I am white and I'm attracted to all races and types, some less than others. My girlfriend is mixed. I wasn't "conditioned" to feel that way.

Feel sorry for your mixed gf for dating a racist like you...hope you never get her preggo cause you'll probavly ruin the child trying to whiten it

Well you can't really say you haven't been conditioned because technically, exposure of any sort creates SOME sort of conditioning. Might not be a blatant type of conditioning but we are all conditioned some way some how

That doesn't even make sense. You don't have to shoehorn racial conflict into every goddamn thing on Earth
laugh.gif

When it comes down to it, the **** wins out over the mind. 
I thought you were banned for racism? 

Anyway, why don't you offer reasoning as to why what I said doesn't make sense to you. Who said anything about racial conflict? To be perfectly honest though I know exactly who you are, this isn't the thread for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom