what is the CLEARCUT definition of a troll?

let's get this settled now.. most trolls over here are fairly obvious.. but most of you seem to throw that word out every time someone disagrees with you.
discuss. 

let's get this settled now.. most trolls over here are fairly obvious.. but most of you seem to throw that word out every time someone disagrees with you.
discuss. 

A troll from my pov is someone who comes into a thread and posts something

(1) having nothing to do with the original topic
(2) looking for lulz by clowning the OP when he/she is asking a serious or semi-serious topic
(3) is offended by the nature of the thread so he/she tries to derail it in some fashion
(4) that is an inference based on someones posts and then takes it a couple steps too far by generalizing a comment to that same person's whole life

But I think with every forum their needs to be a couple trolls sprinkled here and there. You can't have a perfect forum and no one is perfect themselves so you really have to take the good with the bad. Some trolling is actually funny...but these people troll so much and so often that they don't know when to stop.

A troll from my pov is someone who comes into a thread and posts something

(1) having nothing to do with the original topic
(2) looking for lulz by clowning the OP when he/she is asking a serious or semi-serious topic
(3) is offended by the nature of the thread so he/she tries to derail it in some fashion
(4) that is an inference based on someones posts and then takes it a couple steps too far by generalizing a comment to that same person's whole life

But I think with every forum their needs to be a couple trolls sprinkled here and there. You can't have a perfect forum and no one is perfect themselves so you really have to take the good with the bad. Some trolling is actually funny...but these people troll so much and so often that they don't know when to stop.

-One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.

-A person who posts to a forum or other form of online communication to disrupt or cause widespread argument.

-One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.

-A person who posts to a forum or other form of online communication to disrupt or cause widespread argument.

- One who tries to portray that what they're doing is the real them when the main objective is to get a rise out of people

- One who tries to portray that what they're doing is the real them when the main objective is to get a rise out of people

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

IATD

eek.gif

YOU ATE THE .... ?!

troll1.jpg

Those things were so damn popular when I was a school boy. They were on the ends of pencils, on bookbags, car decals, shirts, on hats, everywhere!

troll1.jpg

Those things were so damn popular when I was a school boy. They were on the ends of pencils, on bookbags, car decals, shirts, on hats, everywhere!

Back
Top Bottom