What is Your Current College G.P.A.....or What Did You Graduate With & Did It Matter to Employers..?

3.95, biochemistry and history major, and yes it mattered to me because I'm applying to medical school

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

Graduated with a 2.73 2.5

Feels Batman.
Spoiler [+]
8073-1288034169.jpg

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

3.95, biochemistry and history major, and yes it mattered to me because I'm applying to medical school

sick.gif

I do not envy you, but I definitely respect you
laugh.gif

Thanks cgutta and retrosan btw, feelsgoodman, I'm lucky that I finally found something I legit love.

Im a Senior at Texas Lutheran University I have a 3.27 GPA, and I want to graduate with at least a 3.3-3.4 but this physics class is
sick.gif
so hard hands down one of the hardest classes I have ever took and it doesn't help that I am terrible when it comes to math, I want to go to PT school by the way......take my GRE this saturday for the first time wish me luck gais

Graduated with a 3.2 brought down by classes outside of my major/minor. My gen-eds were the classes I struggled most with
laugh.gif
. But that's when I knew I was in the right major.

Could have gotten a 0.0 and it still wouldn't have mattered to the various jobs I applied/interviewed for (major media/entertainment companies). Was never asked about it. Never asked to submit it.  Experierce, experience, experience.

graduated with a 3.6 overall and a 3.7 in my major.

I wish I still was in college though...gotta go to grad school next year.

I Was Blessed To Finish HS Wit Above A 3.0 And I Never Went (Had A Lot Of Problems At Home)
Finished Undergrad At Round 2.7 (Way Too Many Problems Going On In My Life To Care Bout Skool
tired.gif
)

Finished HS with a 2.02 or something extremely close to failing (had to much fun, said bump hw)

3.74 in my Bachelors in Politicsl Science going into my last year.

It matters immensely as I will be applying to law school in October, wish it was way higher =/

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Finished HS with a 2.02 or something extremely close to failing (had to much fun, said bump hw)

3.74 in my Bachelors in Politicsl Science going into my last year.

It matters immensely as I will be applying to law school in October, wish it was way higher =/
Your LSAT is going to matter a lot more than your GPA. 

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

your college GPA only matters when applying for grad school
And when you are applying for scholarships. 

Some of us don't receive any financial aide at all.

BTW - 3.6 Finance Major ,, Going into Junior year - I just went back to school

2.7 college GPA with an Entrepreneurship major and Sales/Marketing minor. Graduated this past December, hired in February, promoted last week.

I make $80k/year in sales, I work a fraction of the time all of my friends do and make double what they do.

Did not matter.

Finished my BS Computer Science with a 3.65 GPA at SDSU.

None of my employers have cared or asked for my GPA, I currently am a Software Development Manager/Lead Developer for a IBM subcontractor. 

3.1 from undergrad (BA's in economics & communication)

crappy gpa didnt matter; both of my following employers never asked for it.

3.3 accounting major graduating this spring. bout to bust a mission to get at least a 3.5.

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

2.7 college GPA with an Entrepreneurship major and Sales/Marketing minor. Graduated this past December, hired in February, promoted last week.

I make $80k/year in sales, I work a fraction of the time all of my friends do and make double what they do.

Did not matter.
Inferiority complex?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Did not matter.
Inferiority complex?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
not in the least. I'm proud of what I've made for myself and I know those close to me are as well.

I'm just saying that my friends who locked themselves away in their room or the library studying in college don't necessarily make what they thought they would or do what they thought they would. A personality and work ethic > a GPA

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

It's cool so far, mostly focusing on Econ though since I had so many core classes to take and can now finally get into the Finance stuff. I definitely think Econ. majors look better on resume's too then having just a Business major.

I'll probably do the reverse, major in Finance, minor in Econ and take some psychology and law courses to compliment that. I want the total package.

Are those 2 fields abnormally difficult/a lot of work? I've talked to business majors and they say it's alright, but I haven't talked to any Econ majors.

Back
Top Bottom