What is your ritual when you get a new pair?

My ritual is to take the right shoe out, unlace them, put it on, then lace back up. Same goes for the left.

Then they're "worn around the house" for about 15 or so minutes.

Anyone else do anything other than putting them away upon receipt?

loosen the laces and tongue, adjust my jeans to the shoe, tap, tap, and pull...

check the mirror, and thats about it...

No ritual anymore, I just cop, lace them up and rock em'

when I was younger I used to smell the inside of my kicks, analyze every inch of the shoe plus the bottom of the sole, take out the laces and re-lace them
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

My ritual is similar.

I unlace and relace the right shoe only.

See how the shoe looks with jeans on in the mirror

Then back in the box..

Just smell them like always, and if the really nice just look @ them for a while like i did with my cdp 3'S last week,
smh.gif
i'm so lame
laugh.gif

First things first, I kinda smell them. I have been doing that for as long as I remember. Then I lace them the way I want them, and try them on. I usually wearthem for 10 minutes in the house (i have hardwood floors). Then it is off to the courts.

ps. I try to NEVER let my 'balling shoes touch anything but hardwood. Anyone else with me?

I always re-lace new shoe, try it on and then put it back in the box and forget about them.

Look over them. Sniff them (lol, I know but I love new kick smell). Re-lace...see what jeans they look good with and go

i lift each foot and it into the air and chant ahhh, AHHH, ahhh, AHHH ahhh.

Like when Tom Green lifted the mouse by the tail above his head in Road Trip.

Smell
Unlace, put feet in, lace up again
Put em back in the box once I take em off

Leave em until I buy a an outfit that hits the kicks right (YOU GOTTA COOOOOORDINATE Word to Pops)
Pull em back out on the perfect day to rock em...

i take them out. smell them for a good while!!!..than i put them on and relace them to my comfort b/c when they come the damn laces are choking the shoe.

- Glad to know that I'm not the only person that like to smell sneakers.
- I take picture of them and print them out so that I can remember what sneaker is inside that box.
- Examine the sneakers to see if everything is A-Grade.
- Take laces out and re-laced them.
- Try them on for about 1-2 minutes.
- And lastly, I put them in their respective categories, either Jordans, Foams, Nike SB, Adidas, and etc..

Take the laces out and put them back. Make sure it's all comfortable. (I didn't copy and paste, I just re-typed)
Try out some jeans with it, see what looks nice with it. Wear it for a bit then put it away.

laugh.gif
I smell them too. I love that new shoe smell.

I don't really have a ritual tho I just loosen up the laces and try them on and then its all good.

Back
Top Bottom