What reason would a Caucasian UberEats Driver refuse to deliver to a Predominately Black neighborhoo

Don't condone what he did, but maybe he saw the address and thought it was fine, but once he started driving closer to your place didn't feel comfortable. Should have been nicer about it and at least apologized.

Once again, there are ways around that.

He could have asked me to walk to his car when he got to my crib. How much safer is sitting in a parking lot in an area you are scared of? You are a sitting duck for the "scary people" you are afraid of.

Point blank,

If ANY location has the potential to make you tell a PAYING CUSTOMER, "Meet me at the church" , maybe you shouldn't be working for UBER PERIOD.

If certain parts of the city scare you to THAT point, don't drive for UBER PERIOD

Point blank,

If ANY location has the potential to make you tell a PAYING CUSTOMER, "Meet me at the church" , maybe you shouldn't be working for UBER PERIOD.

If certain parts of the city scare you to THAT point, don't drive for UBER PERIOD
Very true and I agree with this statement.

Point blank,

The funny thing is people acting like meeting a stranger at a church isnt strange in itself. For all I know dude could have gotten kidnapped and now they want to get me so why would I go meet someone at a parking lot?

The funny thing is people acting like meeting a stranger at a church isnt strange in itself. For all I know dude could have gotten kidnapped and now they want to get me so why would I go meet someone at a parking lot?

Lol right and I was the one jumping to conclusions. Go to bed carlton

For all I know dude could have gotten kidnapped and now they want to get me so why would I go meet someone at a parking lot?
Now you sound like the shook uber driver 
laugh.gif

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Now you sound like the UBER dude

My boy just said this

"the fact that uber wants to take over the cabbie/delivery world they should be held to the same standards....if a cabbie is caught refusing a fare then he or she is fined"

Maube people that do this should face some typr of financial penalty.

My boy just said this

"the fact that uber wants to take over the cabbie/delivery world they should be held to the same standards....if a cabbie is caught refusing a fare then he or she is fined"

Maube people that do this should face some typr of financial penalty.

they should just be banned from the service imo

Clearly, the mix of fear and racism prompted the driver to refuse delivery.

Lucky, you're right to feel how you feel and I applaud you for taking your grievances straight to Uber.

But what's getting lost is this: 

1). Companies like Uber and Air BnB are building atop and producing new forms of racial inequality. 

2). When companies like Uber outsource these kinds of decisions to individual drivers, and, more importantly, don't explicitly provide health insurance and coverage for non-automotive incidents (https://newsroom.uber.com/insurance-for-uberx-with-ridesharing/), it allows for drivers to make these kinds of discriminatory decisions. 

Man I'm not disagreeing with anything you cats are saying, all I'm saying is people are looking out for themselves. Like dude above said, maybe he thought stuff was sweet until he got closer.

For the thousandth time: you were done wrong :lol: it's like you're ignoring that part. I'm just looking at it from both parties and I see where he was coming from. Could he have handled it or worded it better? Sure. But this isn't a luxury dining service, we're talking an ubereats driver. They might not be the most eloquent individuals with the best response for all situations.

And this situation can't be compared to not dropping someone off. In theory I see the point you're trying to make, but nah, it ain't the same. You can't just put someone out on the road b/c you don't feel safe. All he did was delay your hot meal. Both wrong, but wrong on different levels.

Last edited:
Clearly, the mix of fear and racism prompted the driver to refuse delivery.

Lucky, you're right to feel how you feel and I applaud you for taking your grievances straight to Uber.

But what's getting lost is this: 

1). Companies like Uber and Air BnB are building atop and producing new forms of racial inequality. 

2). When companies like Uber outsource these kinds of decisions to individual drivers, and, more importantly, don't explicitly provide health insurance and coverage for non-automotive incidents (https://newsroom.uber.com/insurance-for-uberx-with-ridesharing/), it allows for drivers to make these kinds of discriminatory decisions. 

My thing is I believe people have the right to have what ever prejudice they want just keep it to your self. IF dude is that scary he had the opportunity to screen my address before accepting, that is literally Ubers biggest pro.

Man I'm not disagreeing with anything you cats are saying, all I'm saying is people are looking out for themselves. Like dude above said, maybe he thought stuff was sweet until he got closer.

For the thousandth time: you were done wrong :lol: it's like you're ignoring that part. I'm just looking at it from both parties and I see where she was coming from. Could he have handled it or worded it better? Sure. But this isn't a luxury dining service, but we're talking an ubereats driver Bruh. They might not be the most eloquent individuals with the best response for all situations.

My thing is someone that scary should be pre screening routes. I have literally had women with their kids in the car deliver to me at night lol.

My thing is I believe people have the right to have what ever prejudice they want just keep it to your self. IF dude is that scary he had the opportunity to screen my address before accepting, that is literally Ubers biggest pro.
I'm with you. 

But I think you can criticize dude for not screening the address while also linking it to the problems of outsourcing risk to individual drivers. There's a middle ground that allows you to criticize individual drivers and corporate policy.

Immoral act?

- Dude was shook.
-Pizza was not delivered.

Is it really that serious?
Yes it IS that serious

Why shouldn't it be?

Ok, let me take out Lucky and put in a single mother, with no car, having to feed 3 kids.

Does THAT make the situation serious? [emoji]128580[/emoji]

How on earth isn't this, "thst serious."

Back
Top Bottom