What should Obama do to our immigrant system?

What should Obama do with our immigration system?

• Grant amnesty to all undocumented immigrants

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Secure border and deport all undocumented immigrants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
People only come to America for opportunity that is not present where they are from.

Our drug policies actually reinforce narcro trafficking and use of agriculture for growing drugs plants instead of other fruits and veggies in those countries.

It's a policy issue.

Good policy could reverse the immigration trend without even actually touching immigration policies some seem so scared to touch.

This

My dad said he watched a video the other day of the drug cartels in Mexico cutting women's heads off on Facebook.

I dont understand how someone could have the heart to do such a thing :smh:  :x

Just cut off another human beings head with no remorse 

Seriously, messed up just makes me >:  

No wonder people want to leave Mexico but still we need to control how the immigration system works.  

The amount of violence and head chopping going on this close to American soil is crazy, yet our response does fit the same measure with which the US responds to similar incidents abroad

People only come to America for opportunity that is not present where they are from.

Our drug policies actually reinforce narcro trafficking and use of agriculture for growing drugs plants instead of other fruits and veggies in those countries.

It's a policy issue.

Good policy could reverse the immigration trend without even actually touching immigration policies some seem so scared to touch.
Our government failed us a long time ago and continues to do so. You are absolutely right that good policy could reverse the immigration trend. Neither side of the isle can remove their head from their collective ***** though to accomplish this in a timely manner.

1. If you come over here as an adult, get ya damn papers! No excuse.

2. If you come over here, learn the damn language! Don't be chilling here for 20+ years and don't even bother to get a good grasp of the primary language. FOH what you think this is?

3. If someone was brought over here by their parents as a child then grant them amnesty cause they had no choice in the matter and this is all they know. At that point they're as much of an American as you and me, they grew up and lived they're formative years here.

4. Deport all the people that came over here as an adult, been here for YEARS, and still haven't properly become a legal citizen. I'm sorry but it's only right.

5. Miss me with all of that "a lot of immigrants work harder than some citizens that cheat the system" BS. For every lazy mofo that sit on they're as all day and collect checks or whatever, there are 5 people willing to work hard and get it. And guess what, that lazy person that cheats the system still has more of a right to stay here CAUSE THEY WERE BORN HERE. THEY ARE A US CITIZEN, AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT ISN'T, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD AND GET OVER IT. Other countries don't play that ish with US citizens, so we should just cause?

6. Punish the mofos with money that purposely hire illegal immigrants to save money and cheat the system.
I wish these people would get deported

Republican nonsense? Cool. I'm just speaking as someone who has half of family do it the right way. So excuse me if I don't sympathize with illegals.
I have family that did it the right way and I know good hardworking illegals that are happy to be here, living safely and with less worry than they had back in Mexico. It's Republican nonsense when you don't have compassion for people that came here for a better life because they didn't do it the proper way.

Our current politicians don't seem that interested in what's good for the people. 

Funny how the cry for punishing immigrants is so loud when it comes to spending "tax dollars", however crooks like Bob McDonnell and other multi-million dollar crooks get a slap on the wrist.

Funny how the cry for punishing immigrants is so loud when it comes to spending "tax dollars", however crooks like Bob McDonnell and other multi-million dollar crooks get a slap on the wrist.

Are you daft? Do you even follow politics? Bob McDonnell just got found guilty of 11 of 13 charges he faced. He has not been sentenced yet. So unless you can see into the future, I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to getting a slap on the wrist.

10 million an hour since 01 has been spent murdering people to take control of their country's natural resources. forgive me for giving immigrants a free pass for coming here illegally looking for a better life. wanna complain about taxes, complain about the way we've been spending frivolously on wars that should've never been started. complain about the corporate tax structure. hell, complain about the bailouts and golden parachutes, and the rise of inflation and how our dollars buy less before you complain about immigration. those are bigger travesties than folks looking for greener pastures and not wanting to deal with the litigation, time consumption and financial ramifications that come with coming over the proper way.

Let em in. I'm not worried about them stealing my job, I have an education. However, criminal records should be transferred over here with them.

Funny how this country was founded and then labored by immigrants
Now people wanna complain

Dudes in there gotta realize that the problem with our immigration system goes beyond "what are going to go with all these Latinos". The immigration system like the Healthcare system was in this country is broken, and the can had been kicked down the road for decades.

I came here on a green card in 1999. It took 4 years, and thousands of dollars on the entire process. Me and my sister got technically approve 15 months before they dam well told us and issued our green cards. I became a citizen in 2002, through my mom becoming one, but because of changes in the laws, and a thick bureaucracy, I didn't get my naturalization papers until 2009. This caused so many issues when applying for Finaid, registering to vote, and jobs.

And the system as only gotten worst.

Skilled workers and entrepreneurs that can help his country are keep out because one side refuses to compromise just to appease their racist base. It is BS

I'm not going to take a ultra liberal approach because I do believe that we shouldn't just open the borders and let everyone in. At the end of the day it is about dealing with the people who are already in the USA.

It is not black and white though. Not all illegal/undocumented immigrants are the same.

Last edited:
The immigration topic is so interesting to me considering how this country was "founded". Steal someone else's land, then make laws against such action.

IMO

People with documented employment and clean backgrounds should be granted work visas and required to take weekend english classes if they don't pass a proficiency test. 

1) They come over here and work regardless of the law.

2) We will waste a ton of tax money investigating deportation cases

3) If they have already been working here, why are you worried about them taking a different job

4) They should be given a time period to get legit citizenship behind all the people in line already

5) They shouldn't get citizenship right off the bat because i don't think they earned voting rights to be changing tax laws etc...

6) less under the table pay means more people paying into taxes

7) +1 on ending the war on drugs to reduce crime

2. If you come over here, learn the damn language! Don't be chilling here for 20+ years and don't even bother to get a good grasp of the primary language. FOH what you think this is?

3. If someone was brought over here by their parents as a child then grant them amnesty cause they had no choice in the matter and this is all they know. At that point they're as much of an American as you and me, they grew up and lived they're formative years here.

4. Deport all the people that came over here as an adult, been here for YEARS, and still haven't properly become a legal citizen. I'm sorry but it's only right.

5. Miss me with all of that "a lot of immigrants work harder than some citizens that cheat the system" BS. For every lazy mofo that sit on they're as all day and collect checks or whatever, there are 5 people willing to work hard and get it. And guess what, that lazy person that cheats the system still has more of a right to stay here CAUSE THEY WERE BORN HERE. THEY ARE A US CITIZEN, AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT ISN'T, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD AND GET OVER IT. Other countries don't play that ish with US citizens, so we should just cause?

6. Punish the mofos with money that purposely hire illegal immigrants to save money and cheat the system.
1. You're right, no excuse. But life doesn't work that way. Funding might not be there to legally immigrate, U.S. only selects a handful of immigrates, documentation problems in the home country, refugees, etc. Theres reasons why people come here undocumented if not everyone would have papers. 

2. Some groups don't need to learn English to prosper. They have enclaves, look at the Cubans & Haitians in Miami, Chinese & Japanese in SF, Vietnamese in SJ, Mexicans in La. You live in New York, sure you've seen this with European & Caribbean cats. also they don't need to learn the language, but no denying its in their best interest to learn it.

3. cosign

4. If they do that they face the risk of deportation. Probly fines for unpaid taxes too unless they paid them. Everything they've worked for, poof, gone. add children to the mixed.

5. That quote is subjective to what people have seen.  Its sad that a lazy person is allowed to stay while hard working immigrants get deported simply bc of the location of their birth. No denying there are immigrants who don't do ish though.

Our country is based off of immigrants, its only right we react differently to it.

6. Cosign.

You sound like you have no idea about the actual process of "getting papers"

For most the only option they got is coming up with the $5000+ to get someone to marry them.

And just "deport them" is going to be by far the most expensive option.

Get off your high horse, my mother came here illegally, nearly lost her life in the process, got here, left her only son at the age of 4 and didn't see me for 6 years after, she worked, worked and worked and ALWAYS paid taxes, eventually she was able to legalize herself and bring me over the proper way....I was given the best education she could and a much better chance at succeeding than I would have otherwise, every case is different.
So your not American huh? Makes sense now

Have the US stop its involvement in other countries funding their corrupt governments and gangs. Create fear + have the most $= country for the taking for the sake of protection. My parents came here illegally but both always paid their taxes the moment they got here and were working, this was before they became residents and eventually citizens.

My parents did all that they could to help provide me and my brother with everything while leaving my older sister in El Salvador who she did not see until she was all grown up just to help her get through medical school in El Salvador. It is a huge sacrifice made and I know many others who have done similar things.

To me, those who just leach off the system, deport them. The many illegal couples that come in and just have kid after kid after kid, it's disgusting. We give them food, healthcare, and even an education when they do nothing to provide the tax dollars that help fund all those programs! The ones who contribute nothing should go. Only allow those that can help the country prosper should be allowed in.

Need to escape your current country due to the situation? Fine. Are you willing to work to achieve what ever you want and can contribute to the country that will provide you with a home, education, healthcare and much more? Those are the ones we need to allow in.

High horse or not illegal immigrants are still breaking laws .America should end the war on drugs and terror and find a way to make these people have a safe and productive life back home.Its a national security risk and failure to contain our borders .I can't freely move around the globe I have to apply know the language and offer a skillset .A lot of jobs such as landscaping ,house building ,construction have lost its value because people are hiring immigrants who work for penny's and boxing out the skilled people who deserve these jobs .Same thing they did to black folks after slavery they let in a hugr influx of immigrants to combat the fact black laborers were now in abundance and had to get paid so they invited more European immigrants and Asians to balance out.

Reactions: wr
I'm surprised there's more amnesty votes.

I know it may cost more to deport them, but I think most undocumented immigrants are here to wait for Obama do grant amnesty and if Obama does not grant amnesty, it's a high chance that many of them will self deport, saving millions of money. I know people are saying they're trying to get away from violence and hunger, but when I saw pictures of undocumented immigrants, some women were kind of big with 4-5 kids.

Last edited:
I'm surprised there's more amnesty votes.

I know it may cost more to deport them, but I think most undocumented immigrants are here to wait for Obama do grant amnesty and if Obama does not grant amnesty, it's a high chance that many of them will self deport, saving millions of money. I know people are saying they're trying to get away from violence and hunger, but when I saw pictures of undocumented immigrants, some women were kind of big with 4-5 kids.

:smh: Such ignorance

So that suppose to be some kind of evidence of something?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom