What should the Browns do about their QB situation?

Now that we're headed towards the final quarter of the NFL season what do you guys think the Browns should do? On one hand they have a potential studnow in Anderson (who is a restricted FA after this season). On the other they have their 1st rd golden child who they had to give up a #1 for to Dallas.

Do they keep Derek Anderson long-term and take offers for Quinn?

Do they tender Anderson for an additional year and bring both back for one more season to delay a decision?

Do they cut ties with Anderson and roll with Quinn next year?

Browns GM Phil Savage has said he is leaning towards tendering Anderson for next season, which means a team would either have to trade for him or would have togive up 1st and 3rd round picks if they signed him.

What should they do? - Play Anderson until he deems himself unworthy of the starting QB position

What will they do? - Prolly, have Brady inserted as the starter and have a Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers situation

If they wanna continue being a sorry franchise, they should let Anderson go and hand the QB reigns over to Brady Quinn.

If they wanna continue on a winning path, Forget they even drafted Quinn in the 1st round and lost a 1st rounder this yr, trade Quinn for Best offer and moveforward.

You obviously slap the franchise tag on Derek Anderson. If other teams want him, and there will be interest, then they will have to give up draft picks to gethim.

The Browns drafted Quinn to play sooner rather than later. It's Quinn's huddle next season unless the Browns pull off some kind of playoff run.

I agree with Gunna. This is EXACTLY the Brees/Rivers situation all over again. I say keep the guy in that is winning games and playing well instead of a kidthat you hope might be somebody someday. Right now they know what they have with Anderson, they don't know for sure what Brady might turn into. Seemspretty obvious to me.

They'll let Anderson go.
tongue.gif

Rumor around here has it Phil Savage and Romeo are super impressed with Quinn in practice...but I bet even Ryan Leaf looked good in PRACTICE.

After watching Phillip Rivers implode I dont know if I wanna roll that route. Im more of a fact guy, and the facts show DA is getting it done. Brady aintnuthin but hope.

Now Phil was interviewed and said he wont consider the tender unless there is someone he really wants in the draft. We could use a younger RB or a solid 3-4defensive end but I dont know if losing Anderson would be worth it.

The Browns have had almost 15 different starting QBs in less than a decade. Its time for some damn stability and chemistry.

Hell, keep em both. Brady isnt too overpaid to be a backup.

Browns fans....Do you think the browns would try to Package DA or BQ in an effort to move up i the draft and get Run-DMC???

I dont think either one has enough pull to get that high enough.

Maybe San Fransisc....oh wait, the Pats have their pick.

The Fins arent giving up on their situation in regards to QBs with Beck,

The Jets have invested in Clemens

The Rams have paid too much for Bulger

The only team we might be able to talk with is CAR. But theyre more in the 5-10 range and I think DMac will be gone in the top 3

If the Browns let DA go, they will again be a franchise that just cannot look good, and will not win games.

why not run with success right now, and then when that isnt working, put brady in there. But for now, he still a rook, and your having great success with DA.there is no point to get rid of DA. Dude is the surprise story of the year, and has brought the Browns to a winning record.

Again, why mess with success. Why fix something that isnt broken?

Let DA go and get the 1st and 3rd picks..most likely a good pick from a team lookng for a QB. If nobody takes him..no problem in having him back

Brady will be as good a QB as him

If you try and deal Quinn...you will get next t o nothing at this point

Browns fans....Do you think the browns would try to Package DA or BQ in an effort to move up i the draft and get Run-DMC???
If they had a first rounder, they might be able to, but even then it would have been a stretch. Without a first rounder though, there's reallyno way.

They'd be absolutely crazy to let Derek Anderson walk and head into next year with Quinn as a question mark. Anderson is getting the job done, and thatteam needs stability more than anything... I can't think of a single reason to not give him another year at least. Tender him for next year, if he fallsback to earth, let him walk. If he plays at this level again, you've found yourself a QB and then you can look into trading Brady. No need to make adecision unless you absolutely have to.

I wonder how many teams though would give up a 1st, a 3rd, and also the huge money to sign him?

They only need one team though.

Derek Anderson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brady Quinn.........quinn is pretty small for a nfl qb while anderson is 6'6!!!anderson was good in college and if he went to notre dame he would have been a first round pick......also i think the wrs already said they likeanderson....they should trade quinn bc he isnt making that much money....trade him to the jets

The Browns would be insane to let DA leave. The rapport he has with both K2 and Braylon is something that they should strive to build on. I gotta co-sign w.Gunna on this one here. If the Browns do let Anderson walk, they would essentially be talking a few steps backwards. It remains to be seen how Brady Quinn willhandle the pressure of being the starting QB for the Browns. This franchise has suffered enough, and it seems that they finally have some stability at the QBposition. The Browns had no way of knowing that Derek Anderson would be as productive as he currently is. However, you cant ignore the results in both the W/Lcolumn and and his personal stats. Look at the disarray that is going on with the Chargers. It took sometime for Gates to gel with Rivers. Hindsight is 20/20,but that was a brash move in dropping Brees after the year he had. I know that Rivers was Smith's franchise guy, and he had to start to save face, but Ithink the loss of Brees hurt the chargers in more ways than one. Not to mention it seems like Rivers has thin skin. The Browns have a good neucelus on offense,and should build around Anderson, Edwards, Thomas, and K2. Do something to package Quinn in a deal, and try to recoup the pick that was lost to the Cowboys. Itmight be a late 1st round, or even a 2nd round pick, but at least it's something.

anderson was good in college and if he went to notre dame he would have been a first round pick

Riiiight....because he didn't get exposure playing for Oregon State in the Pac-10? How many ND QB's have been DRAFTED as QB's in the past 10-15years? Anderson had problems with consistency and thowing picks at OSU, and those are some of the reasons why he dropped so far in the draft.

IT's a tough situation to be in but a good problem to have. I think its a win win situation for the browns, they can get alot in return for either one.

Brady will not be traded. What GM would trade their rookie qb without seeing what he can do on the field? I think we still need to see how the season playsout. DA has yet to play a full NFL season.

Derek Anderson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brady Quinn.........quinn is pretty small for a nfl qb while anderson is 6'6!!! anderson was good in college and if he went to notre dame he would have been a first round pick......also i think the wrs already said they like anderson....they should trade quinn bc he isnt making that much money....trade him to the jets

LOL. Congratulations, you are the first person I'm going to test the "ignore" feature on. C'mon now
roll.gif
sick.gif

the one reason why this situation is not like the San Diego situation is because Brees torn his labrum in their last game in the season because Marty was beinga ******. That helped them make their decision.

As a Bears' fan, i want Derek as the starting QB of the Chicago Bears. I doubt it'll happen , but we are interested.

As a Browns' fan, it really is a tricky situation. I'm sure Anderson wants a new long term contract..if not with the Browns, then with another teamthrough free agency. The Browns could and proabably will slap him witht he franschise tag. Who knows how DA would like that.

and in this day and age giving up a 1st and a 3rd round pick is GIGANTIC !!!!! thats a ton for any player in the views of owners and gm's.

they might as well keep him for the season and not take the Plummer/Cutler route. The Browns are close to make the playoffs and just try him next season for acouple of games and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom