What started the influx of coke-rap in the 2000s?

since when was coke never rapped about untill after 2000?

I don't get this topic. Coke rap been hard since the 90's and to my imagination never slowed down
ohwell.gif

DearWinter219 wrote:
jmoneybaggz wrote:
I HIGHLY doubt the Shawty Lo's, Rick Ross', Gucci Mane's, Young Jeezy's, Young Joc's, and every other cat who talks nothing but coke was influenced and steered into rap because they heard those albums..They would obviously be better emcees....

And them cats had more depth than coke...In the 2000s...I'm just tryin to pinpoint a time when it just flooded rap....
Originally Posted by sStutter

I don't know about who pioneered it, but I know the pinnacle of 2000's coke-rap is Fishscale.
pimp.gif
I would say HHNF, but Believe that.....

To WHO?!? Your opinion is invalidated now -- solely because you've attempted to pass your personl preference off as dogmatic hip-hop law. I've NEEEEEEEEEEEEVER heard a single D-boy complain about the complexities and structure of a SINGLE Gucci, L-O, Ross, Jeezy, or Joc verse. Where you stay at? What do YOU know about trapping? Fam, I been down them roads and around those people and if ANYBODY likes these artists, it's the dudes that live that life. Cuz if it's one thing these guys do well, it's talking about that lifestyle.

To answer your question though, it might have been T.I.'s Trap Music. That's one of the first albums of this mellinium that was released by a MAJOR rapper that focuses on straight hustle talk... I think. But I don't know if TM had the impact it should have. I can't remember. Clipse don't count ya'll. Put your fan-don aside and realize that their influence is minimal. Jeezy's mixtape run is huge too (Trap or Die was
smh.gif
eek.gif
)
You serious?Clipse first song to really pop was grinding.Lord Willin was out for a year before Trap Muzik.Grinding was one of the biggest songs of2002 and Lord Willin was almost front to back about coke.TI got popular off of 24's which has nothing to do with coke.Then came the singles about coke.Lordwillin hit #1 on the bill board charts for hip hop and R&B.They hit #4 on the top 200 so i'd say they count.

theyhatinonme wrote:
youngjordan23 wrote:
since when was coke never rapped about untill after 2000?

I don't get this topic. Coke rap been hard since the 90's and to my imagination never slowed down
ohwell.gif

must be young kids in here

It did slow down for a little bit.It wasnt as mainstream in the late 90's or early 00's.Like of course artist would talk about it.But there wasn'treally mainstream artist that talked mostly about it.He's talking about the people like Rick Ross who speak mostly about coke in like every song.

[Pusha]I got a crown made of powder, everybody know who the king of the coke flow be...[Pusha]

i interpret the the title meaning who since 2000 is responsible for so many people rappin about it recently, so i dont understand y dudes is postin OB4CL.maybe the interpreting it differently then i am.

im goin with dipset. EVERYBODY was bumpin dipset. and back then, southern music was on that party/crunk %!#% .

im from VA and i dont remember dudes %!%#%% with Clipse like that. all i remember hearin was Grindin, and Virgnina. and thats it.

laugh.gif
@all this comotion started in this thread...

I remember now it was Dip Set on the East Coast and TI down south. Everyone else just got on that bandwagon......

Originally Posted by jmoneybaggz

laugh.gif
@all this comotion started in this thread...

I remember now it was Dip Set on the East Coast and TI down south. Everyone else just got on that bandwagon......
I agree with this........

Originally Posted by msDUNKtastic

DearWinter219 wrote:
jmoneybaggz wrote:
I HIGHLY doubt the Shawty Lo's, Rick Ross', Gucci Mane's, Young Jeezy's, Young Joc's, and every other cat who talks nothing but coke was influenced and steered into rap because they heard those albums..They would obviously be better emcees....

And them cats had more depth than coke...In the 2000s...I'm just tryin to pinpoint a time when it just flooded rap....

I don't know about who pioneered it, but I know the pinnacle of 2000's coke-rap is Fishscale.
pimp.gif

To WHO?!? Your opinion is invalidated now -- solely because you've attempted to pass your personl preference off as dogmatic hip-hop law. I've NEEEEEEEEEEEEVER heard a single D-boy complain about the complexities and structure of a SINGLE Gucci, L-O, Ross, Jeezy, or Joc verse. Where you stay at? What do YOU know about trapping? Fam, I been down them roads and around those people and if ANYBODY likes these artists, it's the dudes that live that life. Cuz if it's one thing these guys do well, it's talking about that lifestyle.

To answer your question though, it might have been T.I.'s Trap Music. That's one of the first albums of this mellinium that was released by a MAJOR rapper that focuses on straight hustle talk... I think. But I don't know if TM had the impact it should have. I can't remember. Clipse don't count ya'll. Put your fan-don aside and realize that their influence is minimal. Jeezy's mixtape run is huge too (Trap or Die was
smh.gif
eek.gif
)
You serious?Clipse first song to really pop was grinding.Lord Willin was out for a year before Trap Muzik.Grinding was one of the biggest songs of 2002 and Lord Willin was almost front to back about coke.TI got popular off of 24's which has nothing to do with coke.Then came the singles about coke.Lord willin hit #1 on the bill board charts for hip hop and R&B.They hit #4 on the top 200 so i'd say they count.

One song my dude, one song... and a slept on album.

DearWinter219 wrote:
Originally Posted by msDUNKtastic

DearWinter219 wrote:
jmoneybaggz wrote:

pimp.gif

smh.gif
eek.gif
)
You serious?Clipse first song to really pop was grinding.Lord Willin was out for a year before Trap Muzik.Grinding was one of the biggest songs of 2002 and Lord Willin was almost front to back about coke.TI got popular off of 24's which has nothing to do with coke.Then came the singles about coke.Lord willin hit #1 on the bill board charts for hip hop and R&B.They hit #4 on the top 200 so i'd say they count.

One song my dude, one song... and a slept on album.

When the last time.Even Cot Damn did fairly well.They sold pretty well.And everyone knew who they were for a whole year before TI.TI wasnt as popular as he isnow when he first came out they were both considered new artist so I dont see why they wouldnt count.I was in DR that summer and every one knew about theClipse.There buzz might have went more underground after there first album.But back then it was pretty strong.

coke-rap has been around wayy before the new millenium..

on a side note, cormega is the best "coke-rapper"

DIPSET
&
I love to pump crack, love to stay strapped
Love to squeeze gats but you don't hear me though
I love to hit the block, I love my two Glocks
Love to bust shots but you don't hear me though

I say jeezy because that is all he rapped about and that was his soul image at first while dipset's wasn't. Jeezy has everybody wearing snowman teesand @!%+.

Back
Top Bottom