What to do when Ebay bans you?

it shows that the person got the shoes...it cant be a complaint about the condition of the shoes if you have pictures... i just dont see how the buyer can get away with a chargeback if they know the condition of the shoes prior to buying and they signed off on receiving the package... what possible excuse can they use to get away with the chargeback?

i assume you are new to this

plenty people have lost money in chargebacks even with signature confirmation.

its up to the CC company, NOT paypal. thats why

I've been using signature confirmation on bigger ticket items I've sold.

I haven't had any problems but I've made it a priority to do my homework on the buyers. That doesn't guarantee I won't have problems but if I see any potential red flags. Aka negative things said about them in their "positive feedback" then I won't sell to him.

A few months ago I think I dealt with someone who was going to try to file a chargeback. Dude lived in Harlem by a friend of mines building. After he paid, I messaged him saying something along the lines of "small world, I stay a few blocks away during the summers". A day later he asked for a refund claiming he wasnt sure he wanted the shoes anymore. I refunded him but personally I felt he was going to file a chargeback but asked for a refund instead because he realized I wasn't that far away from him and could potentially lead to problems for him if he tried it.

^^^ :lol:
You doing it right fam everytime I sell some kicks I research the dude as much as possible.
I usually always use a line like that too :lol:
I look up a street close to em and say sumn like "O **** my fam stay right off _____ street I'm over there evey summer"

:lol: :pimp:
I ain't ever had a problem with any sales online either and hopefully I never do.

Reactions: alp
You doing it right fam everytime I sell some kicks I research the dude as much as possible.
I look up a street close to em and say sumn like "O **** my fam stay right off _____ street I'm over there evey summer"

I ain't ever had a problem with any sales online either and hopefully I never do.
At this point, if their feedback is low or their PayPal isn't confirmed I just refund them and block that persons ebay name.

That lack of protection when it comes to chargebacks is rediculous though.

Good move right there; I'm going to start doing that with everyone I sell to regardless of where they live c

All my listings warn anyone who tries to file a chargeback that legal action will be taken against anyone who tries it and that credit card fraud and mail fraud against state lines is a felony.

That part doesn't guarantee anything for me but I personally think it deters alot of potential scammers because someone who wouldn't do anything or make any type of effort to handle that situation would be an easier target for them.

I can't say I've had an issue with charge backs either as some have mentioned. Knock on wood though. Typically I have 50,000 texts back and forth with people that I can't imagine a scammer wanting to put up with that.... that's pretty much how I vet people.

The other option if you have enough shout outs on twitter or your ebay id and you want to work a deal direct, just require it sent as a gift. I sell some other items on a different forum board and after a good number of transactions I am at the point where I simply have people send payment as paypal gift and I've never let anyone down. Maybe I should start referencing them over to that site to prove I am legit.

To my kixify bros....what do you do when the payment via Paypal has no address attached to it?  Obviously I get the shipping address via kixify, but I'm so used to looking for that confirmed address on the Paypal transaction page.  Essentially with this payment I'm not protected as a seller.  Am I correct in assuming the buyer bought the shoes via Paypal with their own credit card that isn't linked to any Paypal account?  Is that why there's no address?  

Any help is appreciated.  Kinda new to this kixify thing, but with how quick I got a sale, I think I'll be sticking around.  

Regretting being banned from ebay, so much easier to sell on there.

This. I dont only sell shoes i sell clothing that i dont wear anymore, which is impossible to move now.

edit: gonna look for a new avy we have the same one :rofl:

Last edited:
This. I dont only sell shoes i sell clothing that i dont wear anymore, which is impossible to move now.

edit: gonna look for a new avy we have the same one
roll.gif
Yeah seriously it's impossible I have nowhere to post clothes etc., I could make some decent money off stuff I know I'm not wearing.

and 
laugh.gif

this is a good idea. Ima start doing this :lol:

Banned from Ebay to sell, I can still buy… but selling is what's most important. I have used IG and had great success, unloaded 100 plus pairs on there in 2013..

Its impossible to live on the internet with ebay/paypal… :smh:

Banned from Ebay to sell, I can still buy… but selling is what's most important. I have used IG and had great success, unloaded 100 plus pairs on there in 2013..

Its impossible to live on the internet with ebay/paypal… :smh:
I gotta start using ig and other means of selling. EBay is a joke in this day and age

"We will then contact you with a brief list of requirements that you'll need to take care of before we can consider reinstating your account."

curious, anyone know what is the list of requirements?

"We will then contact you with a brief list of requirements that you'll need to take care of before we can consider reinstating your account."

curious, anyone know what is the list of requirements?
Where's this from?

@derekdod, yeah its the ordeal of violating their rules, for ex. "selling outside of ebay", I assume others have done that in here, wanted to get their take or experience and of course curious to what the list of requirements are.

@wheelman1976     did you get an email like this when ebay banned you?  any advice or insight?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom