What was life like in the 90s? Vol. Old heads chime in

Gas being $1.89 to $2, but back then some of our parents thought it was considered “expensive” at the time lol.

If a music video is on MTV’s TRL, you made it big lol.(I.E. Back that Thang up by Juvenile)

To my hip hop/rap heads, Rap City was a must watch after school. That’s literally how I first saw Juveniles video “Ha” for the first time in late 98.

Buying the actual physical copy of a CD was really actually a big deal.

Music was very versatile and everyone had their own styles

Going to school the next day talking about last night’s episode of Martin or the Simpson’s lol.

Kids actually were afraid to use profanity around elders.(I don’t use profanity, but even if I wanted to to this day, I would still not do it around my mother or any elderly person)

WWF Attitude era was literally at its highest peak in 97-99. Everyone loved wrestling, like EVERYONE at the time.

Race car jackets were huge in the hood lol.

Avirex Jackets was popular. If you was wearing those, people thought you were either selling dope or you just got money like that.

Eddie Baurer jackets were jackets people got killed over and over. They were not cheap jackets.

Sneakers were extremely easy to obtain and in most cases, go on sale after awhile.

If you brought a Eastbay or a Video game magazine to school, you really had the “juice” for that day in class…lol

Nintendo 64 games and Super Nintendo games were $60-$70 back then, which was extremely expensive. So, a lot of us didn’t have a lot of games due to that. So, we would either rent games at blockbuster, borrow games from a friend, or go to their house to play the game.

People we’re outside outside. Garage open, old heads with stogs and beer fixing the whip, hood open, jacked up slapping reggae, 2pac e40. Us youngins drinking bottom shelf rum & vodka out the bottle lol

I remember last day of school in 6th and 7th grade we had waterballon/super soaker fights on the yard in front of my grandpas house. He lived near the school we went to so we had a bunch of kids come thru. Everyone’s bikes scattered on the drive way. Miss those days

I remember last day of school in 6th and 7th grade we had waterballon/super soaker fights on the yard in front of my grandpas house. He lived near the school we went to so we had a bunch of kids come thru. Everyone’s bikes scattered on the drive way. Miss those days
A good buddy of mine threw last day of school parties from prob 5th-8th grade and had like 10 or so classmates come through, we would have 2 on 2 basketball tournaments, Goldeneye/NFL Blitz tourneys, buy a bunch of candy and just hang at his crib. Simpler times for sure.

Actually surprised they still have $1 for any size fountain drink. Probably the best deal you can find for a drink beside Costco food court. McDonald’s is considered to have the best tasting Coca-Cola (think they have a unique recipe) and Sprite.
My bro said the same thing. All the fast food spots have raised their prices on drinks except McDonald’s. I agree, their drinks always seem to be on point 💯

Speaking of profanity, forgot what grade I was in but my class was working on an assignment in the computer lab. I said hell or damn and the computer lab teacher scolded me for cursing. I was confused because it wasn’t a bad word. Even my regular teacher didn’t consider those words bad. Funny considering I went to catholic school previously and saying hell was never a problem.

Speaking of profanity, forgot what grade I was in but my class was working on an assignment in the computer lab. I said hell or damn and the computer lab teacher scolded me for cursing. I was confused because it wasn’t a bad word. Even my regular teacher didn’t consider those words bad. Funny considering I went to catholic school previously and saying hell was never a problem.
Even on regular tv you’d never hear profanity.
Tattoos were taboo and their wasn’t so many bald headed dudes lol

Bulls Games 96-98 with Jordan.

It didnt matter who your NBA team was, didnt matter what city.

When the Bulls played, you were watching at home, the bar, arcade, sports bar.

Michael Jordan was amazing live, its like watching Kobe but smoother.

And thats not a knock on Kob, hes the violent version of Jordan playing wise. Which is my personal preference amyways and why Kobe my favorite.

Bulls Games 96-98 with Jordan.

It didnt matter who your NBA team was, didnt matter what city.

When the Bulls played, you were watching at home, the bar, arcade, sports bar.

Michael Jordan was amazing live, its like watching Kobe but smoother.

And thats not a knock on Kob, hes the violent version of Jordan playing wise. Which is my personal preference amyways and why Kobe my favorite.
I never got to watch jordan play in person. I remember one friend of mine went to game 5 of the finals Vs the Lakers @ the Forum.

I never got to watch jordan play in person. I remember one friend of mine went to game 5 of the finals Vs the Lakers @ the Forum.

Thats awesome! Forum was cool, I went for Lakers games and WWE live events.

Forum Club had every 90s celeb out by were the line was outside.

Its red now, it use to be blue lol.

Compared to Staples it so small but I loved it, more intimate.

Yeah man, it would be NBA on NBC, Bulls in the Primetime Game and if it was a rivalry game or a statement game, Jordan would drop some sort of Jordan or Jordan Brand commercial and it was awesome.

When I was in middle school, there was a period where everyone was trying to learn how to juggle

The yo yo craze. When everyone wanted a yo yo

download (2).jpeg

I miss hitting the corner store after school with my friends. Having2 or 3 dollars got you so much candy. Also we would hit the pizzeria and get a slice and can of coke for 2 dollars.

Like 2.50 I wanna say. Also their ice cream cones were always a dollar. The other day the kids wanted a treat. I asked for three cones and took out 4 dollars thinking it would enough. The lady was like ma’am it’s 8 dollars. I was like wtf.
Damn. Last time I had their ice cream was when they used to have wings

Like 2.50 I wanna say. Also their ice cream cones were always a dollar. The other day the kids wanted a treat. I asked for three cones and took out 4 dollars thinking it would enough. The lady was like ma’am it’s 8 dollars. I was like wtf.
That’s crazy! I’d rather buy the cans of soda or those big 2 liter ones for $2 at Target. They did you wrong on those $8 :smh:

Back
Top Bottom