What was the lowest moment in your city/fav. team's history?

medium_bottlegate2.jpg

tb-bottles.jpg

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]10) "Bottlegate" Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Cleveland Browns, December 16th, 2001[/font][/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]�[/font][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]It's debatable what the worst part of this experience was - Browns fans throwing thousands of plastic beer bottles, trash, debris, and whatever illegal beverages they smuggled into the stadium at the field on a cold December afternoon, or Team President Carmen Policy attempting to defend their actions after the fact.� Either way, "Bottlegate" gave Cleveland another public relations black eye it didn't need, reminding sports fans nationwide that the dark days of battery-throwing at old Cleveland Stadium were not as far in the past as everyone may have thought.� And still, no one remembers that if Quincy Morgan hadn't dropped that 4[sup]th[/sup] down pass, none of this would have happened in the first place…[/font][/font]

http://www.youtube.com/v/Euk3KmC48Ow&rel=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/Euk3KmC48Ow&rel=1

1997_World_Series_Game_7_Television_Graphic_NBC.JPG

p1_modell.jpg

jordan_050427.jpg

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
There I go, openin up them wounds again....

Where else can you find "The Shot", "The Drive", and "The Fumble"....

I dare someone to say their city has had it rougher than Cleveland

Washington ********:
The Death of Sean Taylor
frown.gif

Duke Blue Devils:
1994-1995 season when coach k took the leave of absence
frown.gif

Duke_logo.PNG

Miami Heat:
This season :smh
Miami_Heat_alternate_logo_%282000-present%29.PNG

My teams haven't had nearly the hardships of other teams.
laugh.gif

49ers- ever since jeff garcia got waived.
indifferent.gif

Raiders- Tom Brady tuck rule
Warriors- passing on so many great players, coulda had McGreedy, Kobe, Amare Stou_emire, etc. etc.
frown.gif
. but probably the nelson-webber thing.
Cal Bear football- preTedford era- goin 1-10, Tedford era- this season
frown.gif

Raiders- Tuck Rule/Getting killed in the Super Bowl
Lakers- Kobe/Shaq situation
Dodgers- can't think of anything specific, but no championships in almost 20 years is up there
USC- pre-Carroll era (
smh.gif
at Paul Hackett play calling)

KWK...you forgot 0-21 and Angelos. You might want to also add Jeffrey Mayer to that list.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
(18) Wake Forest 30, Florida St. 0
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Preview - Box Score - Recap��
audio_s.gif
Wake Forest
audio_s.gif
Florida St.[/td] [/tr][/table]
By BRENT KALLESTAD, Associated Press Writer
November 12, 2006
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Wake Forest made history and picked up a few more believers in the process.

Kevin Patterson scored on a 48-yard interception return and the 18th-ranked Demon Deacons beat Florida State 30-0 Saturday night to become the first team toshut out the Seminoles at Doak Campbell Stadium in Bobby Bowden's 31 seasons as coach.
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
b
[/td] [/tr][/table]"Week in and week out, no matter what our record is, nobody believes we're going to win," Wake Forest quarterback Riley Skinner said."We have to prove ourselves."
The resurgent Demon Deacons (5-1, Atlantic Coast Conference) improved to 9-1 for the first time in school history with their first win over Florida State in33 years. Wake Forest last won in Tallahassee in 1959.

"Who would've thought our ninth win would come down here," safety Josh Gattis said. "The win means we're in the driver'sseat."

Wake Forest can earn a spot in next month's conference championship game with wins over Virginia Tech and Maryland in its final two games. Florida Stateneeds a win over either Western Michigan or Florida to be bowl eligible.

The Demon Deacons had won their four previous league games by a total of 17 points.

"These guys have been through a lot and I'm happy they're winning some games," Wake Forest coach Jim Grobe said. "I thought we'dbe in a nail-biter. That was nice."

The struggling Seminoles (5-5, 3-5), meanwhile, hit a new low. Florida State hadn't been shut out in 232 games, dating back to the 1988 opener at Miami.It was also Florida State's worst loss at home since a 58-14 loss to Southern Mississippi in 1981, the last year they didn't go to a bowl.

"It was a complete team breakdown," the 77-year-old Bowden said afterward. "Just inept."

Wake Forest was magnificent, playing a turnover-free game while scoring 17 points off three of the four Seminoles' turnovers.

"A lot of people may not think Wake Forest's for real, but they proved it tonight," Florida State cornerback Tony Carter said.

Things started poorly for the Seminoles and then got worse.

The Demon Deacons picked off Florida State's Xavier Lee on successive passes deep in Seminoles territory early in the second quarter and the turnoversled to 10 points.

Riley Skinner hit John Tereshinski on an 18-yard touchdown pass on the first play after Stanley Arnoux's interception for a 13-0 lead with 9:12 left inthe half.

Wake Forest had a 6-0 lead on a pair of Sam Swank field goals, the second set up by Alphonso Smith's interception that gave them the ball at FloridaState's 9.

Swank nailed his third field goal from 51 yards -- his fifth of the season from 50 or more -- to give Wake Forest a 23-0 lead with 3:31 left in the thirdquarter.

Wake dominated the opening half, rolling up 211 yards to just 77 for Florida State, which switched quarterbacks after Lee's second interception.

Drew Weatherford, who replaced Lee, was 4 of 15 for just 52 yards and two interceptions. Lee finished 5 of 13 for 61 yards. Both were picked twice and theinept Florida State offense produced just 139 yards on 51 plays.

"It's the worst football game I've ever been a part of," Weatherford said. "I don't think anyone thought we could play thisbad."

"We just weren't ready for them," said Lee, who did get back into the game in the fourth quarter after Weatherford also struggled.

When Patterson grabbed a tipped pass thrown by Weatherford and raced down the left sideline to give the Demon Deacons a 30-0 lead in the final minute of thethird quarter much of a disgruntled home crowd of 77,785 bolted as well.

"Both quarterbacks were terrible," Bowden said.

Florida State players wore the #95 on their helmets Saturday night in memory of Miami defensive end Bryan Pata, who was shot to death earlier this week. Hisbrother, Edwin Pierre-Pata, is a senior walk-on at Florida State.

Now how do you expect Blazer fans to only come up with one or two lowest points? That is insensitive and unfair and I won't stand for it.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

Wide Right

Which one? There's so many to choose from.

I do like your sig though man, that's tight.

Chester, don't I know it man.
laugh.gif

the bucks - their defense and offense currently

packers could have had barry sanders, instead take some shcmuck named John michaels or soemthing like that

Back
Top Bottom