What Was Your First Real Job

finish line in 2003 $7.00/hr :x

would finesse those moms with the boys how fly the dada spinners were and dont forget to throw in a pack of socks and shoe cleaner.

that stock room though :smh:

finish line in 2003 $7.00/hr :x

would finesse those moms with the boys how fly the dada spinners were and dont forget to throw in a pack of socks and shoe cleaner.

that stock room though :smh:

I was at foot locker around the same time...

5:75 + commission >>> flat rate

:pimp: :pimp:

Summer 07 in between my sophomore and junior of college. Basically did cleanup and maintenance work for this old beauty salon. Paid in cash cause the manager was pretty shady.

my mommy got me my first ever job, working as an usher in a college basketball stadium. I don't really count that because on normal jobs your mommy doesn't bring you free chicken fingers and team apparel on your practically unlimited lunch breaks.

...but the first time things got real for me was at UPS. 3 hour shifts in a freezing warehouse starting at 11pm, lifting hundred pound packages while the ladies juggled small envelopes upstairs (equal pay my ***), $100 weekly checks...no wonder they always hiring. 

I do appreciate it on some level...it was the beginning of my realization that the conventional workforce wasn't really my scene, man.

...but the first time things got real for me was at UPS. 3 hour shifts in a freezing warehouse starting at 11pm, lifting hundred pound packages while the ladies juggled small envelopes upstairs (equal pay my ***), $100 weekly checks...no wonder they always hiring. 

I do appreciate it on some level...it was the beginning of my realization that the conventional workforce wasn't really my scene, man.

"Don't be maaaddd, UPS is hiring..." Popped in my head when I read that.

Hardest job I ever had was at McDonalds. I swear, all for like $8.50 an hour. I got mad respect for people that work those jobs, I always treat them with respect. I feel so damn lucky to be where I'm at.

I will have my kids work food service before deciding if they want to continue with school or not

Started at Oak Hills country club from 15-17 washing carts and picking the range average course never got tipped and it was in South Carolina so I was making $7.25:smh::smh:

Summer after I graduated high school my dads best friend asked me to come work at his deanship before leaving for school was mainly just calling former customers office work and running errands for the owners and mangers they did give me the chance to sell a couple cars ended up going 5/12 which made more a nice pay check for a kid leaving for his freshman year of college Was $10 making under the table plus commission when I sold a whip

Following summer was home in Ann Arbor for the first time since my parents divorced and worked at Barton Hills country club on the bag staff. BEST JOB EVER my best friends dad was GM and everybody knew that we were like brothers so they couldn't mess with me. My best friend ran the snack shop at the pool so there for we didn't buy food all summer long and it was all gourmet quality food really learned how to cook down there just messing around during and after my shift . Made $9 an hour plus we had a tip pool but you know I always kept a extra 40 for myself everyday god that summer was one for the history books was to faded the entire summer and the members loved the token black kid hahaha made lot of great connections out there and every job I've had sense makes me miss it

This past summer I had a internship with Pepsi and the corporate office in Chicago on the customer supply chain floor. Was definitely my first taste of the real world in terms if working in a corporate environment. It was so boring though a lot of paper work meeting placing orders and release them and a lot of google searching lol learned a lot about the Oj trail. Was making $500 a week can wait for my taxes

Currently working at Rippys Bar and BBQ here in Nashville as a Buss boy $10 a hour plus great tips I'm making about $50 less then what I was at pepsi. I hate it though most depressing work environment I have ever seen its easy but I feel I need to find something new after christmas

Only the lord knows whats in store for me after graduation man I just want to me rich

First job was during Summer Youth working at a nursing home, best job ever, my mom was there for 20 years so when i got there i was treated like a king :lol:

But my real job after HS was at NIketown, i probably met some you guys there ( if you remember i told the forums that the Galaxy foams, DB 3 and cool grey 11s all got restocked )

That's probably how i got my lil fame on NT :lol:

Anywho, Niketown is actually a really good job, you start at $12 and hour and you basically do no work, stand around and wait for customer to ask you for your size

My current job is Cricket Wireless

$17 and hour, i work alone in my store, for 10 hours.

My FIRST job was at 14 at my fathers coffee shop. Me and my brother worked there most of high school in the summers. But he only paid me once a month and while it was hourly and he paid he accurately, I worked stupid long hours for minor lol

Though it was long and often tiring *** work, ever since my father passed, those were the best summers of my youth. Just me, my older brother and my dad together kicking it all day. I didn't realize what he did for me at that the time. I wish I would have told him more before he moved on but man I miss those times.

My first job outta high school was Starbucks up the street from my house. To this today the most ******** job i ever had in my life

I was a courier for a pathology lab. It was interesting :lol:

Basically the purpose of my job was to pick up specimens from doctors offices, clinics and hospitals and deliver them to our main lab. It was a pretty dope gig cuz they would pay my gas, maintenance, and it was a pretty good wage for me at the time being 16, at $10.25.

When I say specimens though that could be a wide range of things. For the most part they were all properly packaged and I never had to worry about really handling anything. One time though I got paged by the hospital for a special pickup. I get there and I truly wasn't ready :x

Apparently there was a whole leg for me to pick up.... and they couldn't fit it in any container except a damn hazmat bag. Although I couldn't see through it, I had to handle the leg to get it into my car. Felt like a damn horror movie or something :x

That job was cool cuz I was basically just driving around, listening to music and doing whatever unsupervised. To be 16 again.

My FIRST job was working at 7-Eleven.
I remember I used to trade hot dogs for pizza from papa johns lol it was a pretty chill job for the most part. The hardest thing was dealing with rude customers and stocking the fridge. You would have to spend an hour in the freezer making sure everything was stocked. I also got to hear every excuse in the book whenever a customers card declined lol it was cool

My first job was at the Victoria's secret in the mall. Did the fitting room gig a few time [emoji]128512[/emoji]

Now that I think about it, I was a paper boy in like 3rd grade. Folding papers, rubber banding them, and then delivering them on a few mile route every Wednesday after school. 

Back
Top Bottom