What were your first pair of Air Jordans????

old vid but relevant to question

mines were the steel X. when he came back.

EVERYBODY around my way had those. i remember i wore them with the grant hill rookie jersey all the time. was just a little tadpole.

before that my mother would buy me jordans, like many mother today do for their toddlers, seen a bunch of pics lol....but i didn't know what they were.

the first jordan i asked for were the steel X.

what was your first pair of air jordans???

Last edited:
White cement 4s.... Og. First I bought with my own money from my first job was black infrared 6s.

'01 true blues, I still remember opening them up on Christmas being pissssssed they weren't the Vince Carter "boings" :lol: ended up wearing those shoes every day for about 2 years, I loved em.

Had a pair of OG 1's but was in 5th grade and didn't really know what they were. Got bit BAD by the Jordan bug when a kid walked into school with a new pair of cement 4's. I mowed everyone's grass that I could until I made enough $ to get a pair. Been hooked ever since.

Jordan 1 royals 1985. Some sho store in East Liberty Pgh. Hype rose and fell big time with 1s

black/infrared 6 1991

deliberately stayed away from copping them again, as i want them to be my last pair before bowing out the game

NA release in 2017 would be miiiiiighty nice

'01 Concords. Found them overseas a little after they released, I was in middle school. Then didn't get another pair until the unc XVIII lows

June, 1997. Playoff/All-Star XII's

My Mom spent her last on them for me. Got them two weeks before launch date in the Bronx and broke tons of necks. What a time.

When I was 17, I bought my first pair of Jordans which was the Playoff 12s. I was too embarrassed to say they were too big for me so I just bought them and balled in them, but because they were too big they caused me serious cramps. Coincidentally I ended up growing up to fit the size I bought so it was like I bought it for my future self in advance :smile:

Replied to millions of these post during my time in this forum, never get tired of it.

Summer 1998, navy 13 low. Age 13 heading into high school, after 2 years my parents finally heard my cries to get a pair of Jordans.

Went into 9th grade thinking I was so dope in my Jordan gear. CD player on deck, baggy *** jeans. Same 2 or 3 rotations.

I hated those days, things are better now. :lol: Except quality.

Last edited:
Lmao sport blue 6s...2014...

I was super late...I always loved MJ bUT in those days I was to busy copping emerica and eS...29 YeaRs old so the only kicks I remember him playing in were 11 12 13s the most

In 1992, I was seven years old. I played pretty well at an extended basketball camp that summer and I religiously watched the Dream Team, the real Dream Team. I was getting serious about basketball and my mom and my oldest brother noticed.

Boom, I got Jordan VII Olympics on my little elementary school feet. A decade or so later, I start collecting in earnest but those VII's started it all.

I was never actually enthralled with Michael Jordan, the way some of my peers were. But seeing him and the rest of the Dream Team, I saw basketball at its very best and that was more than enough to get me hooked on the game and eventually the game's distinct footwear.

These Jordan Alpha 1s in like, 2010. I got them at a Ross for $50. I was a little bit into sneakers before then, but these realllyyy sealed the deal for me after that!

Black Metallic 5s in 1991

I was obsessed with this shoe from when i saw Will Smith wear them on Fresh Prince and Kadeem Hardinson wear them on A Different World. Also seeing MJ wear them in the group and growing up in Chicago put them over the edge for me.

My grandma got them for me on sale in April 1991 for my 7th birthday. She took me to pizza hut afterwards and i got a miniature basketball with my pizza. One of the best birthdays ever :smokin I wore them for 2 years until i couldnt fit in them anymore. By then the soles were paper bag brown and the mesh already started to yellow as well

Back
Top Bottom