what would life without sports look like?

A life without sports is a good question, many of us would have not been that into sneakers without the athlete. So there's that.
There wouldn't be these stadiums in every city. Some

Most people that are physical are physical because of competition. Merica b lazy yo
Depends on what you define competition as. But would dude that work out and take illegal substances just to post topless pics of themselves on shoe websites count as "sport" ?????

That is a hard question to answer, competition can be seen in anything we do. Business, academics, sports, gambling, etc.

I think we would just resort to killing people at greater numbers just for the sake of pleasure, which could really be seen as sport in a certain way. Or maybe we would be more creative and value the arts much more.

sports allows us to take out our aggression in a non-violent way. When "our team" can beat the "other team" in competition, it makes us feel good when "our team" wins.

When you simplify team sports down to the human level, it still is a "tribe vs. tribe" battle, but it doesn't involve killing for resources (food, shelter, medicine) because modern society has managed to get all of those resources much easier due to our discovery of agriculture.

We do sports because we want a way to channel our aggression and make use of our strengths and instincts.

undertaker-fan-reaction-gifs-of-wrestling-fans-being-wrestling-fans.gif

People would still create and find their violence based entertainment.

I don't consider it a sport really so you'd probably find more of that coliseum fighting animals and warriors to the death or near death thing being legal. Drag racing would be huge probably. The competition based reality shows would probably be bigger as well.

If there were a world without sports, sports would simply be invented. There's no way humans could go through life being as competitive as we are, and not having any way to compete...

Or there would be more competitive cooking shows...

Imagine in this hypothetical world how dudes would settle an argument about who's faster :lol:

Winning a championship is one of the most overrated things...

And we fault athletes for wanting to get their money

My family's generational wealth >>>> championship fit for a city

Back
Top Bottom