What would you like to see JORDAN BRAND do differently in 2014?

Heres a Couple of things I personally think they should do:

- Better Materials/More time spent on details (id be willing to pay more for the extra labor and more expensive materials. sure.)

- Better ordering system (What do you NT'ers think would work?)

Last edited:
Improve the quality of materials to make up for the insane price tags they are putting on shoes.  

God nike uses these threads to get y'all ....

We will pay for Better materials ??. WHAT THE **** is this? First off JB Used good materials and during the retro bubble they used ****** *** materials to cut cost while charging more for the same shoes ... OR the next model etc.

Now they are realizing they are making ****** shoes and the customer knows it too... Oh now we can have better materials but we gotta pay more, that's the stupidest **** I have heard in awhile... How about we just got back to the materials and price from before the dumb *** inflation...

And stop with soooo many different team Jordan's and casual Jordan's and color stories ... Who gives a **** about all of that??? I remember when the retro sold out your next choice was
- one performance Jordan
- melo signature
- a casual retro type shoe like the dub zero..

Now there's 40 different models on the wall in any given shoe store and they are all on sale because no one buys the bull ****......

Regardless I got my retro 1s today... And I will not buy the ******** you guys push to the masses , the masses have social media and realize retro/OG from the original Jordan line is king and everything else is bull ****.

Stop coming out with the same s**t year after year and drop something that hasn't been retroed even once. That's my biggest pet peeve with them. They don't let shoes breathe for a while.

And stop with soooo many different team Jordan's and casual Jordan's and color stories ... Who gives a **** about all of that???
I hope you realize Jordan BRAND is an actual brand of sneakers like what Lexus is to Toyota. If they're gonna have a separate brand, they're gonna need more than 3-4 shoes to make money.

And as someone who works in shoes, whenever we get a Retro returned and it gets put on our wall, chances are, the next person comes in will look at the Retro as if it's not even there and go for the SC1, SC2, etc.

I hope you realize Jordan BRAND is an actual brand of sneakers like what Lexus is to Toyota. If they're gonna have a separate brand, they're gonna need more than 3-4 shoes to make money.

Then how did they do it before???

You cannot have a premuim brand when 80% of your models are on sale at any given time. And yes this is niketalk, most should know that JB is a separate division of Nike.

Just because you are your own brand does not justify countless shoes that are garbage. Who do they have designing these shoes? And even worse the stories When the Concords dropped Jordan had a "concord" story that involved every model they had that time of year in the concord color way. All those trash shoes went on sale 40-70% off while the Concords sell out. Now this happens with like every retro Jordan if you haven't noticed, bull **** stories to sell more bull **** product,

JORDAN brand is not innovative anymore!!! The flightplate? That's what you come with? We used to buy Jordan's to hoop in but now the hyperdunk and crazy light series are better shoes, JB needs to get off their *** or transfer over the brains from nike performance basketball.

Last edited:
Then how did they do it before???

You cannot have a premuim brand when 80% of your models are on sale at any given time. And yes this is niketalk, most should know that JB is a separate division of Nike.

Just because you are your own brand does not justify countless shoes that are garbage. Who do they have designing these shoes? And even worse the stories When the Concords dropped Jordan had a "concord" story that involved every model they had that time of year in the concord color way. All those trash shoes went on sale 40-70% off while the Concords sell out. Now this happens with like every retro Jordan if you haven't noticed, bull **** stories to sell more bull **** product,

JORDAN brand is not innovative anymore!!! The flightplate? That's what you come with? We used to buy Jordan's to hoop in but now the hyperdunk and crazy light series are better shoes, JB needs to get off their *** or transfer over the brains from nike performance basketball.
Because people STILL BUY THEM. Going on sale =/= losing money. I hope you realize that Nike sells the shoes to Foot Locker, FInish Line, mom and pops, etc. for roughly 40% the retail price and no, they don't go on sale for 40-70% off. Stop making **** up. I work in shoes, JB shoes only go down $20-30 max. They sell a $100 shoe to Foot Locker for $60, and it goes on sale for $70, it's still a $10 profit. $10 may not seem like a lot to you, but a profit is a profit. And most importantly, people are still buying them. Just because you don't see people camping out for Team Jordans and they're sitting on the wall doesn't mean that they're not being sold.

Not everybody who buys JB is a sneakerhead who wants the latest Retro to post on Instagram.

Last edited:
Because people STILL BUY THEM. Going on sale =/= losing money. I hope you realize that Nike sells the shoes to Foot Locker, FInish Line, mom and pops, etc. for roughly 40% the retail price and no, they don't go on sale for 40-70% off. Stop making **** up. I work in shoes, JB shoes only go down $20-30 max. They sell a $100 shoe to Foot Locker for $60, and it goes on sale for $70, it's still a $10 profit. $10 may not seem like a lot to you, but a profit is a profit. And most importantly, people are still buying them. Just because you don't see people camping out for Team Jordans and they're sitting on the wall doesn't mean that they're not being sold.

Not everybody who buys JB is a sneakerhead who wants the latest Retro to post on Instagram.

You work in shoes? I used to work at a shoe store to.

Just went on finishline and footlocker dot com and searched Jordan, and sorted from lowest price to highest and right there you have shoes for over half off. So the next time you say I'm making **** up, know what you are talking about.

And if they are sitting on the walls how are they being sold? And when they go on sale that's proof that they aren't selling.

Wishful thinking but...

restock on the Royal 1 and Bred 1
make enough shoes for people to buy...this limited bull **** is beyond annoying to me..
start slapping Nike Air on the models that matter..
improve qualities of shoes..
stop price gouging old shoes that have been around the block more times than a hooker...

....if just 1 of these things happens in 2014, then it'll be a good year in shoes..

By the way, remember how often you see this shoe sitting in your local Foot Locker? I believe it's on sale, too.

View media item 716327
Now go ahead and read this post.

Shoe is selling very well at retail...

Super small percentage of Jordan customers are "Internet Message Board Sneakerheads"

JM

Last edited:
Stop releasing so many models a year. Stick to 1 model for the year. Bastardize it with wack retro + CW's and give us 2-3 OG CW's a year. Let's see how long it would take for the sneaker bubble to pop after that...

PLEASE CUT BACK! WHY ARE WE SEEING THE SAME SHOES 3X IN LESS THAN 10 YEARS? 

AND WE NEED DISCOUNTS OR A OG FLIGHT CLUB TYPE DEAL, HOW IS IT WE BUY 100 DIFF SHOES FOR RETAIL AND DONT GET 1$ OFF? 

AT LEAST PERSONALIZE OUR EXPERIENCE AS CUSTOMERS....

Last edited:
I understand where everyone is coming from here but I have to agree with those who mentioned that JB should produce more of their shoes. And I know I'll get flamed or get a response like "they shouldn't do so because it'll kill the hype" and so on but lets be real. The Air Force 1 is amongst the top 10 best selling shoes basically every goddamn month and they are BEYOND mass produced. If y'all are really in it for the love of the sneaker and not the name/status you would be on board with upping the production numbers. When this debate comes up it really shows who's buying the shoes for love and the ones buying to fit in or "look cool". I personally don't care how many people want the shoe or who wears the shoe or what the resell will be, if I like it I'll buy it, the thing is I'm having a hard time buying it cause I'm not camping out nor am I waking up early online to get the "opportunity" to waste my hard earned money. I don't go for every release and I usually get what I go for but I would love to just be able to stroll into a FL or FNL in the afternoon, be able to try on my size and buy without any hassle.

Yes I understand that it will kill the hype and Nike wouldn't want another company to pick it up but this thread isn't about what should Nike/JB do in 2014 to keep business afloat. It's about what I would like to see them do and why.

Why would they produce more when they're making a ton of bank the way they're doing it now and demand isn't going down? It makes no sense for them to mass produce jays like AF1's. For us that'll be perfect, for them it wouldn't, so get over that fantasy.

Last edited:
Bring back the nike Air. My wish for the powder 10s have been fulfilled.

And off topic a little bit, mj himself can really make a positive impact on the inner city of Chicago. Nike should partner up with him to get a campaign or something started to battle against the city's violence.

Back
Top Bottom