What's everyone eating tonight? Vol. Christmas Eve 2011

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by kdawg

Feast of the seven fishes? What does that entail? Sounds fantastic.
An Italian-American Christmas Eve tradition. The name says it all. Seven different fishes (sometimes more if that's what you prefer) all together in a big bowl full of tomato sauce w/ linguini.

Lobster, clams, crab, oysters, mussels, calamari, baccala, etc.

Absolutely delicious. Favorite meal of the year.

roll.gif
Rusty Shackelford, Jeribkmac thumbs up to you too.

I guess that's your family's version, we do a bunch of different dishes with the traditional 7 fishes
pimp.gif

I'm spending Christmas with the Brazilian fam this year which is great because then I'm not the only woman cooking (my dad's family is mostly men and definitely not willing to throw down in the kitchen for a holiday meal
laugh.gif
)

I just went to a Whole Food's class last week and we had the Feast of 7 Seas celebration. Everything that was named above was there. My first time having muscles and oysters. They were cool. We had a nice time.

Christmas is only 2nd after thanksgiving but still bouta feast tonight.
pimp.gif
at my aunts tho so no idea whats on the menu

Me and the fam are going to Houston's tonight- anybody familiar with this restaurant.

Plenty tamales tomorrow.

Fried turkey (Not a fan of turkey except the wings)
Nigerian fried rice
pimp.gif

Mac n cheese
grin.gif

Wings

That's all I know for now

i dont even know my family always be on some other %@** trying some new %@** cant never have no *!*$%*+ regular *++ fried chicken or macaroni and cheese yall gotta be making that %@** weird man %$#+ them $%%%$% yo forreal

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just went to a Whole Food's class last week and we had the Feast of 7 Seas celebration. Everything that was named above was there. My first time having muscles and oysters. They were cool. We had a nice time.

You like muscles?

my mom tried to cook some chicken dish with like red wine, onions, anchovies, tomatoes and some other thing. It was disgusting.
alien.gif
I kinda want to make ramen right now but my dad is in his "I'm mad" zones so if I tried pulling that shhh after dinner he wouldn't be happy.

Back
Top Bottom