What's more efficient for humans? Deep post.

Does the mind deter more decisions for us than our hearts? For eg: While this man has courage (a heart attribute) the other man is telling himself hehas courage? So, does the first man already have it in his blood or did he develop this "courage" while the second man is consciously makinghimself beileve?

I think this dabs into psychology a bit.

^^^^
true

you don't fall in love with your heart, you fall in love with your brain.

You should start out by realizing that there is no such thing as objective reality when it comes to the human mind. No absolutes. And in this case courage isextremely dependent on the task at hand and the person perceiving it. For example, a fat guy not ordering chicken wings at a Chinese buffet might be smart, buti wouldn't throw it in the realm of being "courageous". Many might differ with me, but IMO a fireman going into a burning building isn'tNECESSARILY courageous...he's doing his job. Now walking around Manhattan with a outfit exclusively from Walmart...now thats brave. Do you see the dilemmaon the meaning of the word courage?

hmm...what about your soul? I believe my soul makes more decisions than my brain. They clash alot...I maybe a schizo on the verge tho...

the mind is way to powerful. if you think a certain way...pretty soon you will start to act that way.

Reason is your most powerful way of knowledge. It has the power to override all other ways INCLUDING emotion.
Through reason you can come up with the appropriate action for a specific situation after deciding pragmatically what is best for you. something your heartcannot do.

a lot of ppl say following the heart is important which i agree on...but sometimes people are just stupid.

there's a fine line between following your heart and being ignorant of the consequences of your actions.

brain > heart.

your heart does work too. just not unconsciously. your mind psychologically creates the heart as a form of decision making, which i believe is the side of yourbrain that controls emotions, etc. so as long as you feel your heart pumping, you are altered to believe that it controls your destiny, therefore you'listen to your heart'. overall, your brain is doing all the work. yeah it's all in your head.. your mind can do anything, so put it to good use..everything we see is what our mind creates and shows us. our eyes are basically like a projector, bringing in what it sees to a certain part of our brain (iforgot). so basically what we feel hear see eat smell is the characterization of the object, and we allow our mind to take it in as that object. for example anapple, when we eat it, we taste it as an apple, therefore we accept it as an apple.

Originally Posted by buggz05

hmm...what about your soul? I believe my soul makes more decisions than my brain. They clash alot...I maybe a schizo on the verge tho...

You'd have to prove the soul exists 1st
smokin.gif

I can't believe people still don't realize that your feelings and fears are controlled by your brain, not your heart. Your heart is merely a pump.

Great Post fam, but imo, One is worthless without the other but if I had to go with one, what would you be without your brain? But at the same time, withoutyour heart you don't need your brain so idk

The heart pumps the blood your body needs. Feelings and thoughts are all from the brain

Originally Posted by Wordy Dirts

You should start out by realizing that there is no such thing as objective reality when it comes to the human mind. No absolutes. And in this case courage is extremely dependent on the task at hand and the person perceiving it. For example, a fat guy not ordering chicken wings at a Chinese buffet might be smart, but i wouldn't throw it in the realm of being "courageous". Many might differ with me, but IMO a fireman going into a burning building isn't NECESSARILY courageous...he's doing his job. Now walking around Manhattan with a outfit exclusively from Walmart...now thats brave. Do you see the dilemma on the meaning of the word courage?
yes the fire fighter is doing his job but shouldn't he considered courageous for being a fire fighter period? there is only a small percentage ofpeople who can do the job of a fireman succesfully....and to be succesful at that position you must be courageous. Now for your walmart example...if that isall a person can afford then it is not considerd courageous for them to be in that outfit....its what they have to do.

The heart pumps the blood your body needs. Feelings and thoughts are all from the brain
I understand this concept, at the same time I wouldn't want to turn this into a religon post where religious followings beilive in "gutfeelings" which to me are other words for 'heart gudiance.'

doesn't the brain control (some/most) functions of the heart ????
or am I misinformed ?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

11.12.07.14.41.22.jpg

sorry, the title reminded me of madden
ohwell.gif

You will get intercepted if defense plays cover 2 or cover 3. 3-4 yard gain max.
Better go with the toss play..

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

Originally Posted by Wordy Dirts

You should start out by realizing that there is no such thing as objective reality when it comes to the human mind. No absolutes. And in this case courage is extremely dependent on the task at hand and the person perceiving it. For example, a fat guy not ordering chicken wings at a Chinese buffet might be smart, but i wouldn't throw it in the realm of being "courageous". Many might differ with me, but IMO a fireman going into a burning building isn't NECESSARILY courageous...he's doing his job. Now walking around Manhattan with a outfit exclusively from Walmart...now thats brave. Do you see the dilemma on the meaning of the word courage?
yes the fire fighter is doing his job but shouldn't he considered courageous for being a fire fighter period? there is only a small percentage of people who can do the job of a fireman succesfully....and to be succesful at that position you must be courageous. Now for your walmart example...if that is all a person can afford then it is not considerd courageous for them to be in that outfit....its what they have to do.
You just proved my point.
And in this case courage is extremely dependent on the task at hand and the person perceiving it

Back
Top Bottom