What's social media's obsession with Odell Beckham Jr.? Vol. Why they hating on baby pa?

I'm more shocked people think he's the best receiver currently. Im 99% sure if u did a fantasy draft of all teams everyone would take Antonio brown 1st Julio 2nd and then maybe odb. Could argue that aj or deandre are 3rd honestly.

Going into next season? Fairly certain OBJ will be the first receiver off the board. Folks were hesitant about taking OBJ as their first receiver thinking he would not be able to keep up with the pace he set his rookie year.

While his per game averages are down a bit, he hasn't really regressed the way fantasy minds thought he would.

As it stands, he is second to only Antonio Brown (215 points) in ESPN standard leagues with 211 points. This with OBJ missing a game due to suspension.

And nobody was taking Nuk before the 3rd round going into this season. He has definitely exceeded expectations but you're smoking crack if you think he's getting taken before OBJ.

Ill buy that, but best reciever in the game as in actively, this season. nah b

The numbers prove he is. Again, no receiver in NFL history has done more in their first 25 games.

22 TDs in his first 25.

169 receptions, more than any receiver in NFL history through their first 25.

2489, nearly 500 more than Randy Moss in the same span.

Like I mean come on. What the hell was Dez or Antonio doing in their first 25 games? Or even in their first two seasons?

OBJ consistently has to face and beat bracket coverage. At least Brown has Martavis Bryant burning up the field to take some of the pressure off him. He's had Le'Veon Bell (who is now injured) and now DeAngelo Williams tearing up the field opening up the aerial attack for Big Ben and himself.

OBJ has no such things. He has ******* inconsistent Rueben Randle and one of the most anemic run games in the NFL. Paired with a constantly injured offensive line.

What he's does in spite of the Giants' deficiencies is ******* insane.

Last edited:
Are we already writing him off?  ppl already forget what he's done?

He's had a great career but he is slowing down and is not in the "best receiver in the league" convo.

He, Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald are in their "where do they rank all-time" convo right now.

That's no slight, no shade, just the truth. He has lost a step.

And truthfully, as far as potency, I'd rank Smith and Fitzgerald ahead of Calvin at the moment, both have shown us more this season.

I mean prior to this week, Calvin was limited to 1 reception in two consecutive weeks. He's constantly shut down in bracket coverage, he used to go up and pull down everything.

Before Smith Sr got hurt this year, he was going out there and out-jumping and out running cats damn near half his ******* age. HE was having a monster year.

Last edited:
As long as Antonio is playing right now there's no way obj is top dawg. He's top 3 and that pretty damn good seeing he has many years left and will maybe eventually be top dog. But right now? Nah ab got that then its between Julio/obj

I'm not really aware of any of this but I knew after that Panthers game some would try to start the Beckham is a thug dirty player stuff.

If this about dancing though, I don't get it. 2 years ago Cruz was the best WR in the game and everyone was praising his salsa TD dancing like crazy.

Only other person I've noticed get some hate for dancing is Cam Newton and his "dabbing" (which is whack as ****) but isn't anything to hate over.

He's had a great career but he is slowing down and is not in the "best receiver in the league" convo.

He, Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald are in their "where do they rank all-time" convo right now.

That's no slight, no shade, just the truth. He has lost a step.

And truthfully, as far as potency, I'd rank Smith and Fitzgerald ahead of Calvin at the moment, both have shown us more this season.

I mean prior to this week, Calvin was limited to 1 reception in two consecutive weeks. He's constantly shut down in bracket coverage, he used to go up and pull down everything.

Before Smith Sr got hurt this year, he was going out there and out-jumping and out running cats damn near half his ******* age. HE was having a monster year.
Megatron is only 30 though, I mean he's still young enough for us to not write him off and maybe regain his form?  Smith is 36 and Boldin is 35 so they're probably towards the end of their careers.  Also what about Dez and Demaryius?  

I'm not really aware of any of this but I knew after that Panthers game some would try to start the Beckham is a thug dirty player stuff.

If this about dancing though, I don't get it. 2 years ago Cruz was the best WR in the game and everyone was praising his salsa TD dancing like crazy.

Only other person I've noticed get some hate for dancing is Cam Newton and his "dabbing" (which is whack as ****) but isn't anything to hate over.

It's not about the dancing IMO. That's just the excuse that's being used.

Megatron is only 30 though, I mean he's still young enough for us to not write him off and maybe regain his form?  Smith is 36 and Boldin is 35 so they're probably towards the end of their careers.  Also what about Dez and Demaryius?  

Dez is in the conversation

Demaryius is a product of the system. That guy dropped so many passes the other week, Ted Gimn was probably shaking his head.

Some of these receivers are legit good, Brown and Hopkins. Others it's because QB's are passing for 4,000 yards.

You talking about the first 2 years Im talking about this season.

This season nobody has been better. Comparable sure. Some may have more yards or receptions (like Julio, Nuk, Brown) but he has more TDs than them (13 to 8, 11 and 9 respectively).

He's also been targeted less than those three. Something that probably speaks to the Giants' inability to sustain drives and possessions due in large part to our anemic run game.

Thing is, when the numbers are this close we have to look at things like age. All those guys save for DeAndre Hopkins are in their primes. OBJ is just getting started, he's still only a second year player (Nuk is in his 3rd year).

We have to consider what OBJ is doing now and what those other guys were doing at the same age in the NFL. They weren't doing this. Not at all...

And then we have to look at supporting casts. OBJ is definitely doing more with less. Nuk again is the only other guy here in a similar situation, he too has had to deal with subpar personnel.

And then we have to use our eyes, and let 'em tell us who is the best. Looking at all the aforementioned guys I don't know how anybody can look at OBJ and not see that he's the best receiver in the world right now. Nobody can do the things he can do.

Nobody.

Dez is in the conversation

Demaryius is a product of the system. That guy dropped so many passes the other week, Ted Gimn was probably shaking his head.

Some of these receivers are legit good, Brown and Hopkins. Others it's because QB's are passing for 4,000 yards.

I wouldn't say DT is a product of the system. Guy is a freak of nature and uber talented. Top 10, maybe top 10. Emmanuel Sanders is definitely underrated ATM. Guy is a special talent in his own right.

Don't forget, DT was a 1K receiver with Tim Tebow under center. Don't care what the system is, he's a beast for that.

Also he's playing well with Kubiak. The system is far different than it was last year with John Fox. The system argument doesn't hold up.

Last edited:

Doesn't matter if he's only 30. What is he doing? How is he performing? Have you seen him play? He's molasses compared to how he was running just a few years ago.

I'm not ruling him out. He could definitely make a return to form. But if I'm being honest right now? He's not a top 10 receiver in the NFL right now. If I were to put him in my top 15 it would be solely out of respect and not out of his play.

As a NYG fan I almost understand the backlash dude is getting.  Some I feel is warranted some not so much.  Dude is a freak of nature on the field, and one of the most electric players doing it right now.  The hair, the dancing, the catches...this dude is a great player AND and entertainer.  People love you or hate you.  He knows what he is doing.  On the flip side this dude breaking all types of records for most suspect moments on and off the field, making him an easy target for social media 
laugh.gif

oh aight...

:rolleyes

Can they? I mean I have never seen Antonio Brown burn Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas III the way Beckham Jr has facing bracket coverage.

View media item 1846042

That was his rookie year...

Never seen Brown or Julio exhibit the same kind of body control in the end zone or along the sidelines. Have you? I'd like to see the footage if so.

Listen, Brown and Julio are amazing. They both do some great things. Brown is a fantastic route runner and has great hands in his own right. Julio is a force of nature and his athleticism is second to nobody.

But Beckham Jr is the complete package.

Doesn't matter if he's only 30. What is he doing? How is he performing? Have you seen him play? He's molasses compared to how he was running just a few years ago.

I'm not ruling him out. He could definitely make a return to form. But if I'm being honest right now? He's not a top 10 receiver in the NFL right now. If I were to put him in my top 15 it would be solely out of respect and not out of his play.
Everyone has down years, Moss had down years in Oakland etc. before killing it in New England. and Moss is probably #2 all time behind Rice.  

In no particular order

First group...
Julio
Dez
Antonio
Beckham
Hopkins

Second Group....
Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Kenan Allen
AJ Green
Allen Robinson
Thomas

This thread isn't about football. Yall take that football talk to the sports section :lol:

This thread is about OBJ and his dancing. Let's stay on topic guys :lol:

Everyone has down years, Moss had down years in Oakland etc. before killing it in New England. and Moss is probably #2 all time behind Rice.  

I personally have Moss #1 but that's a different argument.

Calvin Johnson has not been himself for two straight seasons. It hasn't just been this year, it's been a prolonged regression in performance.

Again have you seen the guy? I mean he had 1 reception against the SAINTS. The Saints bro....

And the fact is he's constantly nicked up. Always dealing with some injury. When he was 26, 27 he was taking a TON of punishment being a target hog.

He has a lot of mileage on that 30 year old body.

This thread isn't about football. Yall take that football talk to the sports section :lol:

This thread is about OBJ and his dancing. Let's stay on topic guys :lol:

But see you're doing a disservice to your own argument bruh.

Folks shouldn't be talking about any of that other stuff. All that matters is what he does on the field.

He dances, so what? So does every other player not named Greg Olsen in the league....

In no particular order

First group...
Julio
Dez
Antonio
Beckham
Hopkins

Second Group....
Brandon Marshall
Jordy Nelson
Kenan Allen
AJ Green
Allen Robinson
Thomas

Eh...Keenan Allen. Need to see more consistency from that kid. The guy will go for like 11/180/2 one game and then have 3/40/0 the next.

And that sophomore season of his....Atrocious. After having one of the best rookie years a receiver could have.

Oh and the young Gawd Josh Gordon looking down from the rafters like WCW Sting.

View media item 1846063

Lawd....He and Travis Benjamin are going to go ******* ape **** next year. Gary Barnidge in the cut too? All the Browns need is a QB :lol:.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom