What's the best beer out there?

Originally Posted by grittyman20

It doesn't have the same thick head (pause) as BM...but whatever, that's just my opinion

laugh.gif
i'm just messin with ya.. thought the picture was a good excuseto.

i don't live in the states at the moment so this is my current favorite. i drink liters of it if i go out.

chang.jpg

Blue Moon isn't the traditional beer but its damn good as well as Honey Moon.

Yuengling FTW!
Originally Posted by Sighfur

Originally Posted by gnarmyroly

the best everyday non-expensive non-beer snob beer is:

yuengling2.jpg

thread can end now

my avatar fully backs this beer too

pimp.gif
agreed
OP take notes..they know what they're talking about.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by air max 87

Also anyone recomend "sweet" tastin bear?

Woodchuck
Berry Weisz
Lambic
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat

Corona is such booty to me. Yuengling is probably my go-to beer, but I'm always in the mood to try new brews.

I haven't tried many, but so far, my absolute favorite..

newcastle-3.jpg

And my favorite "holiday" beer.

shipyard_pumpkinhead.jpg

i love rolling rock cause it's cheap and really refreshing.

i've been messing with Sam Adams Summer Lager...%%# is soo good.

Hefs and Pale Ales are the best IMO

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I've said it before - but it bears repeating...

Most of the beers you guys drink are total hypebeast drinks. Buying a dos equis or heineken is seriously like wearing a pair of yeezy's, it's all a status thing.

That is all...
I bought a six pack of dos for the first time on Saturday. Only drank it all because I didn't want to let my $9 go to waste.

So many different beers out there to choose from, so it's hard to pick one. But most of the time I go with a Blue Moon garnished with an orange slice. Idon't think you can go wrong with that.

Different strokes for different folks.....

Never really been sick of Japanese beer. Mexican ones come and go depending on the season and Sierra Neveda is my go to beer to get a buzz quick.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

I've said it before - but it bears repeating...

Most of the beers you guys drink are total hypebeast drinks. Buying a dos equis or heineken is seriously like wearing a pair of yeezy's, it's all a status thing.

That is all...
I bought a six pack of dos for the first time on Saturday. Only drank it all because I didn't want to let my $9 go to waste.

So many different beers out there to choose from, so it's hard to pick one. But most of the time I go with a Blue Moon garnished with an orange slice. I don't think you can go wrong with that.
Blue Moon's gettin to be hype, too... but i'll let it slide, since at least it's better than people drinking Natty Light.

I mean - Blue Moon is a poor man's version of a wheat beer... so if you're into wheats/hefe's, it would be the equivalent of Natty Light in thatway....although, much more expensive.

A step up would be like a Hoegarden... but i still believe you gotta go micro-brew or go home. Small batches of local stuff is so much tastier to me - foranybody who's into blue moon, just head to your nearest brewery and ask what kind of hefe's they have.... and skip the fruit. The beer was brewed totaste the way it does, no need to try to add your own flavor to it.

That's my advice.

Then again - i hate most hefe's anyways.... give me a hoppy ale of some sort, leave the sweet stuff for when i want soda.
pimp.gif

Blue Moon, as with Hoegaarden are belgian whites. They have a distinctly different taste than hefeweizen. A belgian white tends to have a spicier taste than atraditional hef. A natty ice version of a white would be shock top. Its a little too spicy for me, but its decent. As far as the micro brew comment, by far thebest beer to be had is at micro brews. Even BJ's while a larger chain, has some fantastic beer. And they have a great seasonal belgian white right now"nit-wit" which is fantastic. As far as drinkin' beer, I list off in no particular order some of my faves. One that I absolutely love that is notavailable in the states anymore is John Courage, this is probably my favorite out of the tap beer besides Hoegaarden or micro brews. Is was amazing! I lovePyramid Hef, amberweizen, and their apricot ale. Shipyard, makes a fantastic blueberry ale. Sessions, newcastle, dos equis, sierra nevada wheat, Sam Adamssummer ale, and gordan biersch dunkelweizen are all great drinks too. Beers to drink all day include a lot anheuser busch products, michelob ultra, michelobamber-bach ultra, bud light, bud light lime, american ale, land shark lager, shock top, and even traditional bud.

It all comes down to preferences, but there are so many good beers out there.

just had my first Guiness this weekend, only bad thing was the thick foam but the beer itself was good

But most of the time I go with a Blue Moon garnished with an orange slice. I don't think you can go wrong with that.
That threw me off the first time I ever had blue moon, I told the bartender I wanted beer not juice
laugh.gif

Hyped beer? What the......alcohol is alcohol. All across the world people drink beers. There is no one that is more popular then others. I thought I was onsome new stuff when I was on San Miguel for a bit but I had the whole damn Filipino population telling me I was mad late.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Hyped beer? What the......alcohol is alcohol. All across the world people drink beers. There is no one that is more popular then others. I thought I was on some new stuff when I was on San Miguel for a bit but I had the whole damn Filipino population telling me I was mad late.
You say that - but many people would tell you that sneakers are all just sneakers, too. There are aficionados in everything my friend. Justbecause it seems like it's all the same to you doesn't mean it's not very complex when you really dig into it... if you really like beer, Irecommend learning more about it and finding some lesser known brands, because like anything else, the higher quality stuff is made in small batches and isharder to find... but it's worth seeking out if you really enjoy it.

Blue Moon, as with Hoegaarden are belgian whites. They have a distinctly different taste than hefeweizen. A belgian white tends to have a spicier taste than a traditional hef. A natty ice version of a white would be shock top. Its a little too spicy for me, but its decent
You're right, they are certainly different tasting in one way, but also very similar in other ways... given they are both types of wheatbears, and they almost all have a fruity taste of some sort to them given their similar ingredients.

A witbier (belgian white) is just a more filtered, more malted and spiced version of the wheat beer (hefe).. which is generally an unfiltered, unhopped,lightly malted beer.

And to be honest? I put shock top and blue moon in the same boat - one is a bud product, one is coors. Both taste like crap to me.
laugh.gif
But then again - i've had 50 dollar a case hefe's and witbier'sbefore that I thought tasted like crap, too... So again, it's just a style taht I don't get.

I'm not into the belgian ale craze either - and some beer-snobs swear up and down it's the only way to go.. But it's just not my taste at all. So,to each his own.

What I think all beer drinkers can agree on though - as you and i did already - is to buy local when you can, and micro as often as possible. Not only aremost of them stronger in alcohol (allowing you to drink less of them to get the same buzz you want), they are tastier, have less crap in them, and the more wesupport them the more get made!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Hyped beer? What the......alcohol is alcohol. All across the world people drink beers. There is no one that is more popular then others. I thought I was on
some new stuff when I was on San Miguel for a bit but I had the whole damn Filipino population telling me I was mad late.
You say that - but many people would tell you that sneakers are all just sneakers, too. There are aficionados in everything my friend. Just because it seems like it's all the same to you doesn't mean it's not very complex when you really dig into it... if you really like beer, I recommend learning more about it and finding some lesser known brands, because like anything else, the higher quality stuff is made in small batches and is harder to find... but it's worth seeking out if you really enjoy it.

I hear you. I love beer but as of late, I have to go with what my wallets wants then what I want. I have drank enough to know what good beer is and actually mybother makes batches of beer all the time. I had a ginger ale that he made that would never be hot to the masses but to people that know, it is actually somefine beer. Maybe I never really seen this whole Heinekens/Dos XXs hype that is famous amongst the sneakerheads. I think if there is something to note, themarketing campaign for both companies are doing a might fine job.

drinkin to get drunk = stella

kickin it brew= sam adams cherry wheat

usually cant afford mass quantities of either so i end up drinkin any of the usual light beers or Yuengling

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

There really is no "best" beer out there - it kind of depends on what you're doing, what the weather's like and what kind of food you're pairing it with.
Co-signs

Back
Top Bottom