Whats the best way to keep a laptop safe in a dorm?

Well im about to go to San Jose state for spring 09 in just a few days and its my first time dorming. Im bout to buy a macbook tomorrow and im a little worriedabout my roomates stealing it. Lets say they do steal it at night when im sleeping. Ill have no evidence they did it and basically ill be screwed waste of a$1000+ laptop that i been saving up for. Anybody know any good solutions? Or are there anything colleges do about stolen laptops. Thanks in advance.

Duuuuuuude, you really shouldn't be worried about your roommates stealing your lap top. If you're legitimately worried about something like that thenthere's something very wrong with either yourself or your roommates.

edit:

what's hood with the SN jack?
laugh.gif

just don't let them shady creepers get inside your room.

lay down the law... early.

When you sleep, put it in a bag and put it under your bed closest to the wall

I just leave mine on the desk though, late night jams
pimp.gif

i always had a chest with a lock under my bed incase my roommates had some shady friends over. i saw some nightmare roommate situations. i wouldn't reallyworry about it, because usually the person you live with won't rob you like that, for fear of gettin it back 10 fold. usually it's visitors you gottaworry about.

either way, get a lock just in case. if you're worried about a situation, just lock it up.

Yeah, you shouldn't be that stressed out over your roommates stealing your laptop. You set a bad tone for yourself already if you show up thefirst week with your laptop locked onto the desk. It's a trust thing. + you come off looking weird (personal experience). If you're that worried, youshould go ahead and get one of the laptop locks.

Duuuuuuude, you really shouldn't be worried about your roommates stealing your lap top. If you're legitimately worried about something like that then there's something very wrong with either yourself or your roommates.

edit:

laugh.gif

why shouldnt i be worried. i have no idea who my roomates are except for their first names. plus i saved up a bunch for this laptop and im notreally tryna fight nobody and get kicked outta school

Originally Posted by PurpleHazeInMyLungs

Duuuuuuude, you really shouldn't be worried about your roommates stealing your lap top. If you're legitimately worried about something like that then
there's something very wrong with either yourself or your roommates.

edit:

laugh.gif
why shouldnt i be worried. i have no idea who my roomates are except for their first names. plus i saved up a bunch for this laptop and im not
really tryna fight nobody and get kicked outta school

You shouldn't be worried because that *#+% doesn't happen
laugh.gif
. Like others have said the real thing you have to worry about is the possibility ofshady friends and visitors. Your roommate isn't gonna steal your laptop while you're asleep and then act like nothing happened in the morning. The ideaof outsiders stealing your *#+% is more than a possibility though, cop one of those locks and you'll be good.

Those Targus locks suck %*!, I swear to God you can break them with your hands. Plus, most of the time, even when locked, you can unloop it back through itselfand you'll be able to take the laptop. It'll still have the lock hanging from it though. But they're probably your best bet unless youb want to getthe kind like Library's have where you nail the locking system down to the desk and you have to half fold the laptop to slide it in, then the bar goesacross the bottom of the screen.

Get your street cred up, so that people know not to even think twice about something like that
pimp.gif

pw and get one of those cable wires if you are afraid. but seriously nobody will steal it

make your laptop sticky, jk

you shouldnt be worried unless you go to school with marcus williams

yeah im not so worried really about my roomate. i was referring to him and his visitors. you never know. the odds are i wont even need any locks or lockboxesbut id just like to be on the safe side with something that expensive. its just like how we lock our car doors all the time. chances are nobody is really gonnawalk up to your car and unlock it but you never know lol

btw, have they fixed up all the dorms at sjsu? werent they suppose to knock down the rest of the old buildings?

Back
Top Bottom