Whats with people not drinking tap water?

I live in the Bay Area and the water here is some of the best in the nation if not the world. SF gets its water from its own natural spring and we have allthese people who are soooo against drinking tap water because its "dirty"!

There was a video where they put water from a hose in a bottle of water and compared it to a popular bottled water and everyone chose the hose water over it.Does this bother anyone else? My friends always come over and start talking about "Man, I need some water im thirsty...Lets go to the store"
indifferent.gif

Where do people get the idea that tap water is filthy and bad for you? Do you drink out of the tap?

Yeah, some people think that bottled water is purified or something - they just put it in plastic bottles at the factory - it's probably the same waterthat comes out of taps if you happen to live in the region where they get it from.

i'm sure we all used to drink hose water when we were young
but do you really want to be drinking out of your dirty hose that sits outside all day
bugs crawling through it, who knows whats in the pipes

Well heres my pic i made that i put in every bottled water post so i guess ill share it here

well it was fine before this news came out recently about discarded prescription medication contaminating the water. maybe that's why i'm so mellow,all the anti-depressants in the water, go figure.

i live in the bay as well but i don't drink tap water straight up. usually gotta put it through the brita pitchers. plus our pipes are nasty, sometimeswater comes out looking milky as hell.

i only drink water from the sink.. so i dont know

i don't know, my brother pointed out to me that since the sink and toilet are right next to each other, they probably have the same water.

It tastes funny, its not clear like its suppose to be and there is a vast amount of chemicals in there.. mmmhmmm Chemical water

this is from 2006:

Cities by Category Ranking: Tap Water Quality

Following in rank for best tap water quality are #2 Portland; #3 Louisville; #4 San Francisco; #5 Memphis; #6 San Antonio; #7 Oklahoma City; #8 Fort Worth; #9 Jacksonville; and #10 Arlington, Texas.

Data was unavailable for Honolulu, New Orleans, New York, and Virginia Beach.

• 1. Kansas City, MO
  • 2. Portland, OR
  • 3. Louisville, KY
  • 4. San Francisco, CA
  • 5. Memphis, TN
  • 6. San Antonio, TX
  • 7. Oklahoma City, OK
  • 8. Fort Worth, TX
  • 9. Jacksonville, FL
  • 10. Arlington, TX
  • 11. Dallas, TX
  • 12. San Jose, CA
  • 13. Baltimore, MD
  • 14. El Paso, TX
  • 15. Sacramento, CA
  • 16. Seattle, WA
  • 17. Philadelphia, PA
  • 18. Denver, CO
  • 19. Austin, TX
  • 20. Long Beach, CA
  • 21. Albuquerque, NM
  • 22. Miami, FL
  • 23. Tucson, AZ
  • 24. Fresno, CA
  • 25. Tulsa, OK
  • 26. Indianapolis, IN
  • 27. Charlotte, NC
  • 28. Colorado Springs, CO
  • 29. Chicago, IL
  • 30. Houston, TX
  • 31. Cleveland, OH
  • 32. Milwaukee, WI
  • 33. Omaha, NE
  • 34. Mesa, AZ
  • 35. Phoenix, AZ
  • 36. Detroit, MI
  • 37. Oakland, CA
  • 38. Minneapolis, MI
  • 39. Atlanta, GA
  • 40. Boston, MA
  • 41. Columbus, OH
  • 42. Las Vegas, NV
  • 43. Nashville, TN
  • 44. San Diego, CA
  • 45. Washington, DC
  • 46. Los Angeles, CA
  • N/A. Honolulu, HI
  • N/A. New Orleans, LA
  • N/A. New York, NY
  • N/A. Virginia Beach, VA

no problem drinking tap water at all.

There is a big difference in drinking kitchen tap water and bathroom tap water in a lot of buildings though - I have a cold water tank in the attic that feedsthe bathroom - just to get decent pressure - while the kitchen tap comes right off the mains.

I wouldn't want to know what is floating around in the bottom of the cold storage tank so I don't drink out of that tap.

And this jumped out at me from Dirty's link:

Even users of bottled water and home filtration systems don't necessarily avoid exposure. Bottlers, some of which simply repackage tap water, do not typically treat or test for pharmaceuticals, according to the industry's main trade group. The same goes for the makers of home filtration systems.

Like I said - bottled water often isn't treated any differently - it's just from a (sometimes) cleaner source.

some effects of pharmaceuticals in drinking water:

Recent laboratory research has found that small amounts of medication have affected human embryonic kidney cells, human blood cells and human breast cancercells. The cancer cells proliferated too quickly; the kidney cells grew too slowly; and the blood cells showed biological activity associated withinflammation.

good read dirty

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

I don't drink tap water because it leaves a bad after taste in my mouth.
I know restaurants give you tap water, and I hate the way it taste.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

this is from 2006:

Cities by Category Ranking: Tap Water Quality

Following in rank for best tap water quality are #2 Portland; #3 Louisville; #4 San Francisco; #5 Memphis; #6 San Antonio; #7 Oklahoma City; #8 Fort Worth; #9 Jacksonville; and #10 Arlington, Texas.

Data was unavailable for Honolulu, New Orleans, New York, and Virginia Beach.

• 1. Kansas City, MO
  • 2. Portland, OR
  • 3. Louisville, KY
  • 4. San Francisco, CA
  • 5. Memphis, TN
  • 6. San Antonio, TX
  • 7. Oklahoma City, OK
  • 8. Fort Worth, TX
  • 9. Jacksonville, FL
  • 10. Arlington, TX
  • 11. Dallas, TX
  • 12. San Jose, CA
  • 13. Baltimore, MD
  • 14. El Paso, TX
  • 15. Sacramento, CA
  • 16. Seattle, WA
  • 17. Philadelphia, PA
  • 18. Denver, CO
  • 19. Austin, TX
  • 20. Long Beach, CA
  • 21. Albuquerque, NM
  • 22. Miami, FL
  • 23. Tucson, AZ
  • 24. Fresno, CA
  • 25. Tulsa, OK
  • 26. Indianapolis, IN
  • 27. Charlotte, NC
  • 28. Colorado Springs, CO
  • 29. Chicago, IL
  • 30. Houston, TX
  • 31. Cleveland, OH
  • 32. Milwaukee, WI
  • 33. Omaha, NE
  • 34. Mesa, AZ
  • 35. Phoenix, AZ
  • 36. Detroit, MI
  • 37. Oakland, CA
  • 38. Minneapolis, MI
  • 39. Atlanta, GA
  • 40. Boston, MA
  • 41. Columbus, OH
  • 42. Las Vegas, NV
  • 43. Nashville, TN
  • 44. San Diego, CA
  • 45. Washington, DC
  • 46. Los Angeles, CA
  • N/A. Honolulu, HI
  • N/A. New Orleans, LA
  • N/A. New York, NY
  • N/A. Virginia Beach, VA
no problem drinking tap water at all.
pimp.gif

1. Prescription drugs.
2. High amounts of Sodium Fluoride (calcium fluoride is naturally produced and not nearly as toxic as the SodiumFluoride which is a by product from chemical manufacturing processes) which is a toxin. We get fluoride from a variety of sources today, putting it in themunicipal water supply isn't necessary.

A high intake of Sodium Fluoride has been shown to decrease intelligence and lead to low sperm counts. Just study the history of sodium fluoride. All I'mgoing to say is that the Nazi's put it into the water of their concentration camp prisoners in order to sterilize them and make them more docile. Prozac isabout 90% Fluoride. A main component of Sarin gas is fluoride Sodium Fluoride is used as rat Poison.
CVR-FluorideBag.jpg

no thanks. Same with bottled tap.
Not all municipalities add sodium fluoride.

Spring, distilled, or reverse osmosis filtered water is the way to go.

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

i only drink water from the sink.. so i dont know

bathroom sink
pimp.gif

smh.gif

but yea...i live in New York..so you know
eyes.gif
..but my uncle works for vitamin water sowe get a bunch of cases of that and smart water
pimp.gif

i hate tap water......we just use those water coolers...
i even hate when people make juice with tap water.....
i can taste the difference...but i sometimes take the L when i cant really do anything about it...like in restaurants....but i never drink the last gulp..ileave a bit in there...i dont want to drink the bottom

I dunno man, I have been drinking tap water all my life and im feeling fine
timzaccheo.jpg

Seriously though, these medications havent been floating around for ages? I mean its not like just recently people decided to flush things down the toilet. Igrew up drinking from the tap and from what I know, everything is working the way it should.

Back
Top Bottom