What's your favorite Team Jordan?

i dont know if this constitutes as "team jordans" but i always loved the Mossafieds....

e
img.jpg download.jpeg

The solid thing about the early years of the team shoes was, a lot of them actually looked like Jordans (as illustrated by some of the shoes in your post). You could see the design language in them, and it was obvious they were designed from the outset to be Jordan shoes. Most of today's non-Air Jordan shoes that are Jordan-branded just look like random lifestyle models they pulled from the Nike line and slapped JORDAN and Jumpmans onto them instead. It's not remotely the same, even if you didn't actually care for the team shoes back in the day. Big difference.
I never went the Team route.
The only pair I ever bought back then, and I played in them for months in the college IM gyms. Loved them:
s-l400.jpg

I did buy the Swift 6 retro a couple years ago. Dope shoe IMO, and MJ wears it in this classic instructional video LOL:

My only issue with these is, it's damn near impossible to get them zipped all the way, and without doing that, the zippers work themselves undone rather quickly. Regardless, they look sick with a pair of black sweats.

FBIs are the only-non signature (as in JB athlete) model worth it tbh. The design was so clean and they were a beast on court (Kicksology.net gave them an absolutely glowing review). Honestly, I think they look better than some of the AJ 19s and I’m surprised they haven’t retroed yet.

C50FE961-4921-4F2A-9400-58DEEA416259.jpeg

268F865D-B2D8-4B47-9169-4EB8B58E56C5.jpeg

1E10287A-6FEC-4854-974B-405281F6B694.jpeg

The solid thing about the early years of the team shoes was, a lot of them actually looked like Jordans (as illustrated by some of the shoes in your post). You could see the design language in them, and it was obvious they were designed from the outset to be Jordan shoes. Most of today's non-Air Jordan shoes that are Jordan-branded just look like random lifestyle models they pulled from the Nike line and slapped JORDAN and Jumpmans onto them instead. It's not remotely the same, even if you didn't actually care for the team shoes back in the day. Big difference.

The only pair I ever bought back then, and I played in them for months in the college IM gyms. Loved them:
s-l400.jpg

I did buy the Swift 6 retro a couple years ago. Dope shoe IMO, and MJ wears it in this classic instructional video LOL:

My only issue with these is, it's damn near impossible to get them zipped all the way, and without doing that, the zippers work themselves undone rather quickly. Regardless, they look sick with a pair of black sweats.

That White/Black team 1 means as much to me as any shoe I've ever owned. I ran through countless pairs back then in many colorways. That shoe ran through my best memories of being a teenager. That white/black one just sticks with me. I really hope they release it again soon.

Wanted to grab a 3rd Black one from this past release and they appear to have shot up/aren't that easy to find already. Weird. They were everywhere a year ago and no one seemed to want them.

Back
Top Bottom