What's Your Goal In Life? ( UPDATE: We're in 10th place, last minute comeback?)

My friend just graduated from the Academy of Arts in San Francisco wanting to do just that...be a sports reporter. My biggest advice, in addition to you writing your blog is to practice in YouTube. Be like Elie seckbach and the other guy haha they might be annoying to some of us but it can be practice. I can help you with any video questions too if you have any. 
Awesome man thanks! 

I got a webcam so I'm going to practice talking in front of the camera and see what I look/sound like.

I gotta get used to hearing my voice, because sometimes I hear myself on a 

voicemail message or something and I feel like I sound mad strange. 

Awesome man thanks! 

I got a webcam so I'm going to practice talking in front of the camera and see what I look/sound like.

I gotta get used to hearing my voice, because sometimes I hear myself on a 

voicemail message or something and I feel like I sound mad strange. 
ahaha i'm the same! one of the reasons why i'll never be in another one of my videos. But, practice it and eventually it gets better. If you have an iphone, that's even better than a webcam. You can even do Vine Sports Reports and just do 6 second quick highlight reviews of something that just happened in the sports world. I haven't seen it been done yet and you can capitalize on it if you do it right. It's the challenge of getting your point across in 6 seconds haha Just throwing ideas out there!

ahaha i'm the same! one of the reasons why i'll never be in another one of my videos. But, practice it and eventually it gets better. If you have an iphone, that's even better than a webcam. You can even do Vine Sports Reports and just do 6 second quick highlight reviews of something that just happened in the sports world. I haven't seen it been done yet and you can capitalize on it if you do it right. It's the challenge of getting your point across in 6 seconds haha Just throwing ideas out there!
Ooof I don't have an iphone (or a smartphone at all 
embarassed.gif
) but in the meantime I shall use my webcam 
smile.gif

That's a great idea once I finally upgrade though.

Btw that was a hell of a video you made. Keep it up.

Ooof I don't have an iphone (or a smartphone at all 
embarassed.gif
) but in the meantime I shall use my webcam 
smile.gif

That's a great idea once I finally upgrade though.

Btw that was a hell of a video you made. Keep it up.
Thanks! and don't worry man, i'm still rocking an old Alcatel phone with snake on it lol 

Dream has always been to move to the States (prefer NY or Cali). Currently a web developer but not sure that's what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Dope vid man

Dream has always been to move to the States (prefer NY or Cali). Currently a web developer but not sure that's what I want to do for the rest of my life.

Dope vid man
I've been looking for a good web developer for a long time! how much do you normally charge ? (i know that question is annoying cause it always depends haha) 

btw, choose Cali lol 

Thanks!

I've been looking for a good web developer for a long time! how much do you normally charge ? (i know that question is annoying cause it always depends haha) 

btw, choose Cali lol 

Thanks!
It depends on how complex the site is and the functionality. If you just want a simple and easy site it's usually around $500 - $750, I'd do it for cheaper since it's good for my resume anyway and always happy to help an NT brother out.

Haha yea I'd absolutely love to live in Cali. Just got to apply for a working holiday and hope someone will hire me when I get there 
laugh.gif

btw, choose Cali lol 

Thanks!
Where do you live now? 

It depends on how complex the site is and the functionality. If you just want a simple and easy site it's usually around $500 - $750, I'd do it for cheaper since it's good for my resume anyway and always happy to help an NT brother out.

Haha yea I'd absolutely love to live in Cali. Just got to apply for a working holiday and hope someone will hire me when I get there 
laugh.gif
Where do you live now? 

Well hopefully we can work together one day! When companies ask me for videos, they want a website to go along with it. So I can try and price you in for whatever you normally charge. 

Send me some samples when you time. thanks man

Where do you live now? 

Where do you live now? 

Well hopefully we can work together one day! When companies ask me for videos, they want a website to go along with it. So I can try and price you in for whatever you normally charge. 

Send me some samples when you time. thanks man
I'm in New Zealand man. I'll PM you my resume and portfolio tonight (NZ night 
laugh.gif
 )

Thanks man best of luck for the film industry

I'm in New Zealand man. I'll PM you my resume and portfolio tonight (NZ night 
laugh.gif
 )

Thanks man best of luck for the film industry
My girlfriend lives in Sydney so one of my big goals right now is to get out there and just spend some time with her...

i'll be waiting for it!

awesome bud, you should post in the motivation thread.
I can't even begin to tell you how much that thread helped me during the darker times in my life. The "teacher" in this film is basically that thread in my life. If that makes sense lolll

posting there right now. thanks for the reminder!

Last edited:
I hate saying this but if anyone feels that my film is worth sharing and is willing to help out by sharing the video, please go to the actual youtube page and click the share button and then choose whichever social media format. IF you do share, please let me know and I'll make sure to shout you out in the second round or if I don't make it, in my next film
nthat.gif
 Thanks guys! time to catch up on some sleep!

Last edited:
Pretty good stuff man, I actually started to edit/produce videos for my job. Everything I learned so far has been pretty dope. I started out freelance graphic designing for my org during college and then an internship for a campus resource magazine. At my current job I was told to learn Adobe After Effects (I also took on Adobe Premiere) and everything's been a nice learning experience.

As for my goals, not really sure, it's always changing for me. I'd love to produce my own music video at some point.

Pretty good stuff man, I actually started to edit/produce videos for my job. Everything I learned so far has been pretty dope. I started out freelance graphic designing for my org during college and then an internship for a campus resource magazine. At my current job I was told to learn Adobe After Effects (I also took on Adobe Premiere) and everything's been a nice learning experience.

As for my goals, not really sure, it's always changing for me. I'd love to produce my own music video at some point.
Thanks! 

What type of videos do you have to do for work? I think the transition from graphic design to video will really help you. I had no art background and so it was tough for me. I'm just starting to wrap my head around AE but I don't see myself really getting into vfx... Yeah man, music videos are fun!

I know I shouldn't be nervous but man... this experience has me anxious. I hate not knowing what the future holds >.<

Thanks! 

What type of videos do you have to do for work? I think the transition from graphic design to video will really help you. I had no art background and so it was tough for me. I'm just starting to wrap my head around AE but I don't see myself really getting into vfx... Yeah man, music videos are fun!

I work at a computer company. So my work is more on the technical side. I mainly create how to guides for our software, which mostly consists of screen capture. I also edit presentations/talks with slideshows. One of my current projects is a little different, and it's a type of explainer/animator video for our new product, which I utilized After Effects for.

But yea, a lot of this made me realize how much I can incorporate this into something else I love-- hip-hop.

Last edited:
I work at a computer company. So my work is more on the technical side. I mainly create how to guides for our software, which mostly consists of screen capture. I also edit presentations/talks with slideshows. One of my current projects is a little different, and it's a type of explainer/animator video for our new product, which I utilized After Effects for.

But yea, a lot of this made me realize how much I can incorporate this into something else I love-- hip-hop.
If you master AE, you will be golden! Hip hop videos rely on AE so much! it makes or breaks a good vid. 

one of my favorites

Back
Top Bottom