When Do You Think Nike will start Retroing LeBrons?

I don't think there is a demand for LeBron retros. Lebron has had some nice shoes here and there, but I would imagine only a few scattered re-releases of only the most popular models would garner any attention from the mainstream. Where I'm from (Baton Rouge - New Orleans) NOBODY wears LeBrons, only very recently with the South Beach/Sprite/Entourage/ releases have I seen people actually excited about the line. Maybe its different everywhere else.

BTW-I get that the LeBron VII's are supposed to be his best shoe, but to say that they are better than Concords is just foolish.

only very recently with the South Beach/Sprite/Entourage/ releases have I seen people actually excited about the line
  has been the case for a while now when it comes to the LBJ line and part of the reason i dont support the line anymore. Alot of the good materials and colorways get limited or hoarded by the LBJ entourage.

probably my favorite lebron of all time. those and the 112 lebron 7s.  I may be getting a pair of the Penny lebrons very soon. so dope. 
and i do think the lebron 7 is and will be the lest lebron ever. but the 10 may give it a run for its money in terms of performance. Lebron 10 is supposed to be a game changer fro what ive heard.  
wink.gif

I hope never because none of the Lebron shoes are that clean I don't see why the hype for some lebrons. So I hope they never retro Lebron shoes

The only Lebron worth retroing are the 4's in my opinion. And Nike should start retroing them when Lebron wins a championship, so maybe never.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb

They might not be as iconic as Jordan's are to us right now with that being said, to a new generation LeBron will be the Jordan of kids today. When they get older they will remember when they had their first pair of LeBrons much like we do today with our J's

That being said i hope the retro the Zoom 20-5-5
Arguable my most comfortable, durable, and best styled shoes to ball in.(still have these today but they are pretty rough not falling apart though)
Not my pair but these are them.
2e3a32w.jpg
These were a staple in the DC area, errbody had em. Super blown that i sold my pair.

cosign  on this one... most def a comfy pair to ball in... i ran my pair to the ground...

Originally Posted by Shoes2Shades

The only Lebron worth retroing are the 4's in my opinion. And Nike should start retroing them when Lebron wins a championship, so maybe never.

preach

zCyUa.jpg

Didn't wanna make a new thread, but I was messing around on Photoshop, and made some Eggplant Lebron IV's, started out as Royals, but then I realized I could just clear sole some HWC's

Throw the retros on ID and start around the release of the Lebron 11. Make it yearly and go in order. 11/1 12/2 13/3
You wont cannibalize sales of your new model with a sneaker that has 10 year old technology.

The zooms posted above and the Lebron 4's are both of my favorite shoes to hoop in. Lebron 7 is still the best looking one imo.

hopefully with the Lockout and likely low sales of the 9s, Nike will be forced to retro older Lebrons like they had to do when Jordan retired the first time

Plus they were gonna do a retro in 06, so they obviously thinking about it, and the Huarache 2k4s only came out 7 years ago

Originally Posted by BronLe

hopefully with the Lockout and likely low sales of the 9s, Nike will be forced to retro older Lebrons like they had to do when Jordan retired the first time

Plus they were gonna do a retro in 06, so they obviously thinking about it, and the Huarache 2k4s only came out 7 years ago

low sales? how would you know. everyone hated the eights in the beginning and know its the best selling shoe in the line

Originally Posted by MaximumFoams

Originally Posted by BronLe

low sales? how would you know. everyone hated the eights in the beginning and know its the best selling shoe in the line
Dudes will cop the Chinas, and just wait it out for discounts, markdowns, and outlets for other CWs.

Awkward shoe design, Higher prices, and abundance of Triple Blacks, Vets, and Bred 8's hitting outlets = low sales

Maybe if they make a v2 or "Milan" (leather-see Lebron 8 v4) version, then sales will rise

i would love the opportunity to cop some retro brons, but im scared of the price hike especially on the lebron ivs. i can only imagine what those are going to cost in the future being of the foamposite tech and all.

but i could be wrong the huarache 2k4s are retroing at $125 so maybe they'll keep brons price semi-true to the original

I don't love the 9s, aside from the Chinas, but it's way too soon to rule them out, especially when they haven't even released yet. Like the guy above said, people on here hated the 8s too before they were selling like hotcakes, and at the end of the day, it's still about whether the general public will buy them.

And I honestly don't think Lebrons will start retroing until he retires or becomes an even bigger brand than he is to warrant retros, a la Jordan. The only reason why retros even started was cuz Jordan retired for the first time in '93, and the first retro Is came out the following year in '94. I don't think the idea of retros even came up until then.

alot of people are going to change their mind when these 9s actually hit retail . i would say retro's will hit after the lebron 10 .

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

^truth (dunkaholik)- seems about right to me, i see it coming soon- the line has done so well and demand for more is obviously consistent- laughing MAO at the guy at the top saying after he retires- HELLO- weve seen retros of many players b4 they retire, and just on the popularity and consistency of the lebron line- Nike will definitely start retroing popular releases of early lebrons here soon, they know how to take advantage of hype

Dude, Pennys were retroed while he was playing in NYC/Phx, when he basically became irrelevant, and Pippens/Barkleys weren't retroed til after they retired. Aside from MJ, whose shoes were retroed starting in '94 cuz they thought he was completely done, there hasn't been a player with his own sig line that's had his shoes retroed while he was still an active/relevant player, unless he moved to another shoe company (i.e. Adidas Kobes are retroed now but Kobe's with Nike now). Maybe you're talking about some players I don't even know about that had sig lines, but I don't know where you're getting "many players have had their shoes retroed before they retire" from. 

And of course there's a market for Lebron's older shoes, but you don't think it'd take away from whatever new model Lebron would be marketing? Maybe they'll start doing it after the Lebron 10 or whatever, but I really don't think there's as much demand in the general public for Lebrons as there is for Jordans. Jordans carry a lot more history/nostalgia for people who saw him play, and I really don't know if you can say that yet about Lebrons outside of sneakerheads or his core fans. He ain't exactly the most well-liked player right now in the general public after The Decision and choking in the Finals.

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Dude, Pennys were retroed while he was playing in NYC/Phx, when he basically became irrelevant, and Pippens/Barkleys weren't retroed til after they retired. Aside from MJ, whose shoes were retroed starting in '94 cuz they thought he was completely done, there hasn't been a player with his own sig line that's had his shoes retroed while he was still an active/relevant player, unless he moved to another shoe company (i.e. Adidas Kobes are retroed now but Kobe's with Nike now). Maybe you're talking about some players I don't even know about that had sig lines, but I don't know where you're getting "many players have had their shoes retroed before they retire" from. 
Garnett, Duncan, MJ (check your dates and info., but for reasons you stated), Kobe's adida's have been,  guess huarache 2k5's dont count. Really any consistent major player in the last 20 years or so with theyre own (consistent and successful lines).

One thing to keep in mind though bro, is that the industry has changed drastically since Barkley/Pippen lines came to a close. The "strike while the iron is hot" mentality has come to be due to sites like this and the fact that nike can do things and make money that they previously couldnt. Theres tons of new markets and avenues that have come to be just in the last decade or so. Especially with the success of kob and lebron lines respectively- if theres demand for it- it will be done
Yeah, but I guess my point is it's a bit different with Bron cuz he's still a major/active player and the brand doing the retros would be the same one that's also marketing his new sigs. Even with the earlier MJ retros, they didn't drop any retros after he came back from 95-98 and was a major force in his return. Pretty much just the Is through IIIs dropped in 94 when he retired, he came back, and then retros didn't start again until he left a second time in '99. Retros got too big for them to stop them when he came back with the Wizards, but before then they never really had retros of someone's sigs while he was still a major/active player with an ongoing sig line at the same company.
But you're right though, the sneaker community's grown a lot more since then, so maybe the demand and everything is there for Nike to start retroing earlier. I'm just curious if they do it or not cuz there hasn't been a real precedent for that before while the player was still superstar level.

Honestly, I just want the 3's, 4's

Everything else is either ugly or still can be had on ebay at a reasonable price (7's 8's)

Originally Posted by rooster1188

NEVER NEVER NEVER

are you really that salty?

we get it, you dont like Bron shoes. you dont have to post it on every page.

Back
Top Bottom