When I'm a Dad... I'm gonna name my kid... - vol creative vs traditional

Boy - Brooklyn/Sterling Rain
Girl - Alessandra Jade

Strange but somehow they feel right to me,
laugh.gif
smile.gif

I named my kid "Deion"(it means "of Zeus" or "Primetime") and his mom contributed "Xavier" (which is not a reference to X-Men unless I'm telling the story). It forms the initials "DX", and I thought that was pretty cool. (and if you're not down with that, I got 2 words for ya...) I think it's a good mix of creative and traditional...he won't be one of 4 kids in class with his name and will be able to get hired easily someday.

For a girl, we're looking at "Jessica"...her idea, but whatever.

In a semi-related story, heard tell today of a kindergartener named "Jihad"...I'm sure that will benefit him as he grows up here in America.

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

You might want to look up what a "bear" is for guys who play for the other team.

And I hate when people take normal names and spell them like they reached into a bag of scrabble tiles. I met a chick once named Amy. I was putting her number into my phone and she said I spelled her name wrong. She said she spells it Aaymie. I
indifferent.gif
her and left.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jdi23

Boy: Omari

Girl: wont be having one no need to think about names.

Don't jinx yourself, bruh...I know a dude who used to say that and now he has more chicks than an episode of the View in his crib. 4 girls. Ouch.

Boy- Preston
Girl- Toni, or whatever her mother wants.

Dont really plan on having kids though.

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

oh i get it now... when my son was born he used to growl like a bear and wouldnt use his hands to eat.. so we called him bear, he also knew what his real name was... so his first day of school we introduced him as kaesohn to his teacher and he said no call me bear.. she said ok and he rolled with it 
laugh.gif
That's a cool backstory.  For your sake, I hope your son grows up to be big and strong.  I'm sure it'd be awkward as hell for teenagers/adults to be calling some dude half their size Bear
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
... man you telling me... the wifey side of the family is mad frail.. i dont think any of them is taller the 5' 4"

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

You might want to look up what a "bear" is for guys who play for the other team.

And I hate when people take normal names and spell them like they reached into a bag of scrabble tiles. I met a chick once named Amy. I was putting her number into my phone and she said I spelled her name wrong. She said she spells it Aaymie. I
indifferent.gif
her and left.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i cosign this. never understood the unnecessarily complicated spelling of otherwise simple names. very prevalent in the black community. yea i said it...black if it matters.

Im naming my son Cannon.

only thing holding me back is that he might be associated with that punk Nick Cannon

Girl - Artemis
Boy - i don't know yet. Ulysses or some other greek or roman name.
laugh.gif

Boy: Eli

Girl: Bri/Briana or Kali
(Its weird saying this cause im talking to girl whose name is Briana but i always liked that name on a girl)

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

laugh.gif
i dont get it..

laugh.gif
roll.gif
I think he's trying to say you're ratchet. Like you're wilding with those names.

People name their kids Wolf, so it's no difference to me if people call him/he calls himself Bear. Your children have original names, nothing wrong with that. Let Kaesohn cook.
oh i get it now... when my son was born he used to growl like a bear and wouldnt use his hands to eat.. so we called him bear, he also knew what his real name was... so his first day of school we introduced him as kaesohn to his teacher and he said no call me bear.. she said ok and he rolled with it 
laugh.gif
That boy is going to grow up to become 
The-Most-Interesting-Man-in-the-World.jpg

Real talk. 

Originally Posted by pricankid9

boy - isaac, hector, israel
girl - ruth, isabel
I like those two names... Might have to swagger jack you on those two. 

Originally Posted by SoundnFury

Im naming my son Cannon.

only thing holding me back is that he might be associated with that punk Nick Cannon

Name him Don and make his middle name Cannon... 

Spoiler [+]
You'll thank me later

Back
Top Bottom