When Visiting LA/Venice Beach is renting a car a must?

It ain't about being soft or not being worried about junkies.  I brought up winos, because a wino got on the bus with a can of open beer, and as soon as the bus started moving dude fell on them spilling his beer all over them.  That's the type of **** I would like to avoid IMO.  Plus if you think traffic is bad in a car try it on the bus.  But do you player. 

FYI there are no trains anywhere near Venice either.  Straight bus action, and Venice is filled to the brim with crazies that ride those busses.  But it makes for good entertainment tho.  Most likely you'll leave with a story to tell.

Lol i dont think any city holds a candle to atlantas junkies/homeless. So Venice beach isnt a walkable area? I know LA in general is huge and im not trying to explore the whole area.

It ain't about being soft or not being worried about junkies.  I brought up winos, because a wino got on the bus with a can of open beer, and as soon as the bus started moving dude fell on them spilling his beer all over them.  That's the type of **** I would like to avoid IMO.  Plus if you think traffic is bad in a car try it on the bus.  But do you player. 

FYI there are no trains anywhere near Venice either.  Straight bus action, and Venice is filled to the brim with crazies that ride those busses.  But it makes for good entertainment tho.  Most likely you'll leave with a story to tell.

Lol i dont think any city holds a candle to atlantas junkies/homeless. So Venice beach isnt a walkable area? I know LA in general is huge and im not trying to explore the whole area.

trust skid row kills all that. LA has the homeless game on lock.

I'm back in LA this weekend. Going down. It's gonna be a movie.

Last edited:
venice beach is close to santa monica where you could walk there if you wanted to.30-45 min walk, not too bad if youre used to walking.  

youll have your fair share of characters, but its not like thats all you'll be seeing. trust me, the positives will outweigh the negatives when you visit. 

trust skid row kills all that. LA has the homeless game on lock.

I'm sure but i dont plan on going to skid row. I mean if NYC can keep stuff in check i dont think a junkie or two or 3 on a bus in a tourist spot like Venice beach is much to worry about. Plus i was reading on yelp parking is hard to find and is crazy expensive going around the beach and stuff

venice beach is close to santa monica where you could walk there if you wanted to.30-45 min walk, not too bad if youre used to walking.  
youll have your fair share of characters, but its not like thats all you'll be seeing. trust me, the positives will outweigh the negatives when you visit. 

Im sure i can google but what are some iconic things to see? Like i said my main things i want to see are Muscle Beach, world out at Golds gym, get some In N Out, and some Authentic Carne Asada fries. Not looking for any partying or stuff, it will be my and my girl on some chill stuff.

Venice is not bad, but can be worst then the A at times, and I've been on University, and behind Spelman and Morehouse on MLK, Bowen Homes, Fourseason/Thomasville, etc.  But Venice has young bangers that come out of there hoods to link up there, and at times there have been problems(shootings, robberies, etc).  I've had to flash on more fools in just Venice and SM alone then I've ever had to in the A.  But it's not a bad place.  I just wouldn't want to deal with public trans period in LA.  I feel like it limits you and your experience of the city.

THIS

Im sure i can google but what are some iconic things to see? Like i said my main things i want to see are Muscle Beach, world out at Golds gym, get some In N Out, and some Authentic Carne Asada fries. Not looking for any partying or stuff, it will be my and my girl on some chill stuff.

sounds like a good time man. I dig the food mentions lol, thats real haha.

when are you thinking about going? It's gonna be kinda chilly soon, a little cool to workout on the beach.

Venice is not bad, but can be worst then the A at times, and I've been on University, and behind Spelman and Morehouse on MLK, Bowen Homes, Fourseason/Thomasville, etc.  But Venice has young bangers that come out of there hoods to link up there, and at times there have been problems(shootings, robberies, etc).  I've had to flash on more fools in just Venice and SM alone then I've ever had to in the A.  But it's not a bad place.  I just wouldn't want to deal with public trans period in LA.  I feel like it limits you and your experience of the city.

I Can walk to the crib from the AUC, so i already know how that is, and i was mainly going to be rocking sweats and stuff so as long as cali aint on that 1993 gangbanging stuff i think ill be good, i have no plans on venturing to the residential areas/hoods.

sounds like a good time man. I dig the food mentions lol, thats real haha.

when are you thinking about going? It's gonna be kinda chilly soon, a little cool to workout on the beach.

Probably May, Im cutting now and plan on going Ham at In n Out so def wouldnt be smart to go now lol. Im a Foodie so im really looking forward to food spots that we dont have on the East Coast/South.

If you plan on just staying in the Venice/Santa Monica (they're right next to each other) then you should be good without a car. However, if you want to experience all of LA I would say rent a car. Nowadays you can do the uber thing though! Since you're going to be in Venice I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you hit up Santa Monica beach/pier (I normally bike ride from Venice beach to Santa Monica, takes like 15 mins, Beautiful view too, bike riding along the beach). Also, once you're in Santa Monica, also check out 3rd street promenade (out door mall, restaurants, shopping, movies, bars etc....)
ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE!!!! :pimp:

Here's 3rd Street Promenade

View media item 1340294

Last edited:
I just came back from la, I went for New Years week man it as amazing.

Yes definitely rent a car. Book it online that way u get a good deal. We got a dope jeep for $132 a week but that under-age fee killed us :lol:

Just use Uber or Lyft if you're staying in that area. Don't want to mess up those loafers nah mean?

Like others said, walk or take a short ride to Santa Monica. Hit the pier and the promenade.

You can do shopping, grab a bite or drink there.

Plenty to do in Santa Monica for nightlife too.

Come to San Diego lucky for some carne asada fries, fish tacos and a California burrito.

Last edited:
If you plan on just staying in the Venice/Santa Monica (they're right next to each other) then you should be good without a car. However, if you want to experience all of LA I would say rent a car. Nowadays you can do the uber thing though! Since you're going to be in Venice I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you hit up Santa Monica beach/pier (I normally bike ride from Venice beach to Santa Monica, takes like 15 mins, Beautiful view too, bike riding along the beach). Also, once you're in Santa Monica, also check out 3rd street promenade (out door mall, restaurants, shopping, movies, bars etc....)
ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE!!!! :pimp:

Here's 3rd Street Promenade

View media item 1340294

Looks dope good looks, is alot of the food spots in the area local or big chain? And is it set up where can actually walk from Venice to Santa Monica? I assume its like one long strip of beach and businesses/tourist spots

Yeah u can definetly walk from venice to santa monica.
There are many spots. In venice there is a dope pizza spot i forgot what its called i just remember its right by the alley

I work for LA's MTA. All depends on what you're trying to do. PM me and I can help out with bus and rail lines.

Looks dope good looks, is alot of the food spots in the area local or big chain? And is it set up where can actually walk from Venice to Santa Monica? I assume its like one long strip of beach and businesses/tourist spots
as far as food goes, youll find both big chain and a lot of local hot spots. yelp what youre in the mood for and go from there. 

carne asada fries used to be only found at some places, but the secret has been out and a lot places sell them. local spot i favor out in Long Beach ( about 30 min drive from Venice) has something called "DUI fries" ( chilli cheese fries, with pastrami and carne asada on top) 

you can walk to Santa Monica on the beach or take the streets and still catch some local boutiques and shops. 

Last edited:
as far as food goes, youll find both big chain and a lot of local hot spots. yelp what youre in the mood for and go from there. 
carne asada fries used to be only found at some places, but the secret has been out and a lot places sell them. local spot i favor out in Long Beach ( about 30 min drive from Venice) has something called "DUI fries" ( chilli cheese fries, with pastrami and carne asada on top) 
you can walk to Santa Monica on the beach or take the streets and still catch some local boutiques and shops. 

Good looks Im probably gonna stay at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica so i assume thats next to everything or at least easy access

Back
Top Bottom