Where can I find some GOOD Filipino Food.

I have a friend visiting from Vegas and he's itching for some Filipino food. I live in San Jose and all the ones here are just OK. Can NT post some spotsworth visiting that's anywhere from San Jose to Daly City? Let me know with address. Thanks.

Steve, yer missin out...Forget Goldie Locks... And dont trust Jollibee either... Its not like the ones in the PI... Which are killer...
Kenkoys up in DC used to be real good, but they closed down.
Theres a bunch of places between San Mateo and Daly City. Like San Bruno area.

Havent hit any up, but Im dying for some real good Filipino food.

MMmmmmmm... Bicol Express... If anyone here knows where they got some real good Bicol Express, post up. Im dying for that. My uncle just doesnt make itright... Good as #@%@, but not right.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Filipinas... I mean foooood...

ill help you out.

Ihaw Ihaw

422 San Mateo Ave

San Bruno, CA, 94096

(650) 588-6078
(^ my personal favorite)

Kuya's

460 San Mateo Avenue

San Bruno, CA, 94066

(650) 952-5739
never been but a good friend recommends the place

Patio Filipino

1770 El Camino Real

San Bruno, CA, 94066

(650) 872-9888
good here too, but a little more expensive than the others.

Barrio Fiesta

1790 Milmont Dr

Milpitas, CA, 95035

(408) 934-9902
usually come here with the fams.

Toppings Too

3910 Smith St

Union City, CA, 94587

(510) 429-1058
place is really small but it does the job.

i'd avoid gerry's grill in union city. the portions are small and its expensive. some customers near me when i ate there a couple times complained about the quality of the food. the only good thing about the place is the bar, and some of the girls that work there. its been awhile since ive been though.

Kuya's

460 San Mateo Avenue

San Bruno, CA, 94066

(650) 952-5739

Patio Filipino

1770 El Camino Real

San Bruno, CA, 94066

(650) 872-9888

The truth
pimp.gif

Kenkoys is now at the Fairmont Shopping Center in Pacifica. Off of Hickey and Skyline.

So your saying you live in Nor Cal and have not 1 good Filipino Friend, where you stay at? Under a rock? ...Word to Patrick

haven't eaten here in hella long but I miss it, a lil different compared to the one in the Philippines but still good

Max's
1155 El Camino Real
South San Francisco, CA 94080

found this place last time i stayed at Union City and it was dope, they gave me two big to-go cups when i got 1 order of sinigang and it was probably the bestsinigang compared to every other Filipino restaurant IMO. haven't tried the rest of their menu though.
don't have the address but I think it's called Pistahan from what I can remember. and it's on Alvarado and Dyer on the side where the shell gasstation is at all the way in the corner.

Tribu Grill in San Bruno is pretty good. Rather new I think- opened bout a 1 1/2-2 years ago....I think. Can't miss it. It's the bright orangerestaurant on El Camino, a block away from Patio Filipino. If not, get some BBQ next door.

235 El Camino Real
San Bruno, CA 94096(650) 872-8858
tribugrill.com

Originally Posted by mEasy15

Kuya's

460 San Mateo Avenue

San Bruno, CA, 94066

(650) 952-5739

Patio Filipino

1770 El Camino Real

San Bruno, CA, 94066

(650) 872-9888
The truth
pimp.gif

This dude knows what's up.
pimp.gif

Barrio fiesta in Milipitas is the SPOT.
Ongpin in Daily City is maddd good.. good price really good food and they got lechon on the weekends..

Always thought Patio Filipino was overrated- but then again I'm kinda ghetto. Oxtail for the kare-kare is
sick.gif
. But it is a classier joint compared to all the rest.

The only one I know that's good aside from the ones alreayd mentioned.

Mannyla Rose
94 Dempsey Rd
Milpitas, CA 95035 (408) 719-1605

Gold Tray Manila
5320 Monterey Hwy
San Jose, CA 95111
(408) 225-4027

Forget Goldie Locks... And dont trust Jollibee either... Its not like the ones in the PI... Which are killer...

Agreed!

Does any one know where I can find some pirurutong?

JMTK!
BAY AREA INITIATIVE

Patio Filipino
1770 El Camino Real
San Bruno, CA, 94066
(650) 872-9888

yeah pretty good. suggest you dress at least casual. the sizzling beef (or whatever its called) is delicious

Luneta Bistro in San Mateo (Pricey but well worth it)

I'm quite the connoisseur when it comes to my homeland's dishes to an extreme that I'm meticulous right down to the very fine detail. With thatsaid, out of all the Filipino restaurants that I have ever been to, Bistro Luneta is absolutely second to none. From the ambiance, from the very precise wellthought out menu, and of course the most important of all ... the FOOD! Simply the best and highly recommended. It isn't pricey at all. It's withina reasonable price range and absolutely worth it.

Back
Top Bottom