Where does Anthony Bennett rank among all time busts?

I thought he would be decent coming out of college, didn't think he would be this bad.

AB let me down mane :smh: , was a beast at UNlV ...I believe it's that soft Canadian blood in him that wouldn't allow him to flourish :lol:

Exceptions to the rule.
You can say they are exceptions if you want, but those "exceptions" represent 30% of this year's All Star Rosters.  If you want to drop the 3 years to 2 years, its a much larger percentage.

Exceptions to the rule.

You can say they are exceptions if you want, but those "exceptions" represent 30% of this year's All Star Rosters.  If you want to drop the 3 years to 2 years, its a much larger percentage.
You completely missed the point fam :lol:

He didn't say if you stayed 3 years in college then you'd be trash in the pros.

None of them dudes in them picks were projected as top 5-10 picks coming out of HS and College.

AB was. You go and GET THAT MONEY.

What do other sports minor league systems look like in comparison to the NBA? I don't watch anything else

MLB have the minor league system (instructional league, A, AA, AAA and not counting the international camp)

NFL have 3 years of NCAA lol

NHL have a minor league system as well not sure what its called

Dude wasted mad finger energy to upload all those photos and is completely unaware that he inadvertently proved my point.

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

No way in hell should he have been drafted that high. He was a #25 player at best. I have no idea what Cleveland was thinking, but when Kyrie is traded and Lebron opts out, they'll have plenty of time to prepare for their eventual #1 picks.

Last edited:
No way in hell should he have been drafted that high. He was a #25 player at best. I have no idea what Cleveland was thinking, but when Kyrie is traded and Lebron opts out, they'll have plenty of time to prepare for their eventual #1 picks.

Not facts.

He was expected to be a top 5 pick/mid lottery at worst coming into the draft. There was no clear cut #1, especially after Noel tore his acl. Even Alex Len was rumored to go #1.They reached slightly. But not 24 picks reached.

Last edited:
i looked at the skill set and what he did in college and was surprised to see him number one in the mock drafts prior and shocked that he was that high. it was a real weak from the jump but still, really didn't think his ceiling was high

Not facts.

He was expected to be a top 5 pick/mid lottery at worst coming into the draft. There was no clear cut #1, especially after Noel tore his acl. Even Alex Len was rumored to go #1.They reached slightly. But not 24 picks reached.

He's NBA Brady Quin, except teams [sensibly] passed on Quin

Last edited:
MLB have the minor league system (instructional league, A, AA, AAA and not counting the international camp)

NFL have 3 years of NCAA lol

NHL have a minor league system as well not sure what its called
NHL has AHL/ECHL also teams can draft you and you can still play juniors and college, and teams just hold onto your rights.

Noel was gonna be the #1 pick if he didn't bust up his knee
Yea after that, there wasn't a consensus #1.

I'm on record saying that I would've taken him #1 anyway, I didn't feel his knee would be a chronic issue. Also felt like eventually he'd be a good 5 in the league & Cleveland didn't have one.

And also, if Cleveland didn't take Noel, the other players available didn't make any sense to me.

So first we have Oladipo. Irving Oladipo & Waiters are all 6'4". They can't play together because whoever is at the 3 is gonna get killed. It just doesn't make sense to spend three top 5 picks on three guys who can't share the court. Pass on Oladipo.

Then there's Bennett. Bennett has no business at the 3, and they already had Thompson at the 4. While Thompson can slide down to the 5 occassionally, I just didn't think a Bennett/Thompson 4/5 combo will get you a ring & I liked Bennett as a prospect. Pass on Bennett, but not because I thought he'd be a bust. I'm actually stunned that he's been THIS bad.

So then we get to Otto Porter. They didn't have a 3 & he's a 3, so I don't know. I guess I wouldn't hate this pick at all, I just felt Noel had a substantially higher upside. Like I said, I didn't think the knee would be a chronic issue.

Didn't like Len over Noel at all.

No brainer to pass on Zeller, BMac, & KCP at #1.

They give players a chance to develop and not be lost in the shuffle like the majority of these youngsters in the NBA.

The majority?

im pretty sure there are more minor league prospects that never make it to the majors or become productive major league players than the amount of one/two and dones in college basketball. Again, prospecting period is a crap shoot. There is no way around that.

Why does the 19 year old player have to be out of the league, but not the 36 year old player?
Reputation although that makes no sense. It's like the job world today, you can't get hired of X job out of college because you need 5 years of experience but no one is willing to give you that experience.

Back
Top Bottom