Where to go in Hong Kong?

I am in Shen Zhen a city right outside of Hong Kong. So naturally I will be going there. I was wondering if anyone of of the legit shoes spots and any otherplaces to go. Clubs, shops, restaurants? Your help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I wanted to get the Kobe Aces, but was told they were not available in Hong Kong. Is that true?

I hit up this spot called RACKS one time and Mobb Deep was in the spot and performed live...

Mongkok is a good place for sneakers, there are roads just full of shoe shops. yeah racks is nice if you're into pool (it's a bar with pool tables).
Go clubbing in Lan Kwai Fong, you could check out Azure (at the top of LKF Hotel), Dragon-i, Volar, etc.
If you're into Bape and all that there's a Bape store in Central, as well as BBC and Hoodz (which just opened over easter)
Good restaurants are everywhere tbh, but I personally really enjoy eating in Soho.
Hope that helped! Enjoy your trip!

Hey dude, I just came back from HK couple weeks ago.

Shopping best places are Mongkok for shoes and clothes and markets .. alot of real stuff and fake also. Fa Yeun Street has some good stuff if u know whichstores to look at. Otherwise TST, Central, Causewaybay, Wanchai are all good for shopping .. but they are more on the expensiver side.

Food wise ... anywhere man .. if ur open minded just try anything. Chicken is real good in HK ... their famous for it. Beef brisket in rice noodles, roastpork, fishball skewers are all famous hk dishes. Seafood is good too .. but prob better in China. But in HK do not eat seafood stuff off the street vendors.

Nightlife goes off in HK. I'm assuming ur a foreigner ? Can u speak Cantonese? Main nightlife places are Mongkok, TST, Causeway Bay, Wanchai, and Central.I suggest going to a street called Lan Kwai Fong in Central .. thats prob the main nightlife spot .. lots of expats and foreigners there too. If u got localfriends there, ask them to take u to all u drink buffet places and karaoke.

Hv fun...be sure to go along side the TST habour front to check out the HK skyline ... the best in the world imo, also the Bruce lee statue they hv there isdope.

im in hk right now and i go to lkf lan kwai fong at nights with a bunch of other people. mong kok got a nice spot called king wah centre they a betterselection than in sneaker street(fa yuen) other than that the other nters mentioned already.

Thanks for the responses. I finally picked up my Kobe III Aces. I will post pics later in the Nike Forum. I am from the US. And I can speak mandarin, notCantonese. I will mos def hit up that dtreet you guys are all referring to. Thanks

Causeway Bay, it got a pretty fat shopping mall there. It like Oregon there. tax free.

Lang Kwai is the place to hit up if you're a foreigner IMO. Dragon-I, Volar etc. Although I find that Volar can be a bit of a sausage fest and Dragon-I canbe better with more foreign people or international Chinese girls. After I would hit up Tsui Wah, there are a few joints but the one in Central right next toLang Kwai is the OG and the best imo, great for a late night snack.

Lan Kwai Fong and Club Beijing? In my opinion Causeway Bay is one of the best spots. It has it all. With karaoke, movie theaters, good eats and great shopping(Times Square, and not too far away Muji and Uniqlo) all around you Causeway Bay has to be one of the places you go to.

beijing club's actually not that great... it's pretty big for a club in HK but it's really not that special. Cliq is more interesting, it's gotan underground vibe and the music is amazing if you're into drum & bass, electro etc. I think Cliq hosts quite a few events on a regular basis. youcould also look out for an event at Avenue called Heterogenius, featuring drum&bass DJs.

Keep the info coming. I am staying in my hotel room tonight to get some footing, watch the game and plan out the next 3 days and nights, but I will be hittingup shoe spots tomorrow and going to Macau. I am stoked to be here though.

Fevar and Sugar are places ive been in LKF. Fevar has open bar for guys till like 130 AM for guys for like $200HK which is preeeettttty effin' sweet.

^ I meant as in "which district"... WanChai, Causeway Bay, Central, Admiralty, etc...?

So first night out in Hong Kong and I had a blast. I really lost myself in Mong kok. That place had everything and there were so many shoe stores, I almostspazzed out. I managed to get myself a pair of Zoom LBJ V lows blk/neon green for $70 U.S. I am getting ready to head to central and get some nightlife livingout of the way. So I will get back with you, and best believe I will post pics when I have sometime.
Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ I meant as in "which district"... WanChai, Causeway Bay, Central, Admiralty, etc...?
Sai ying pun

^ gotta love the 30C degree weather (around 90F for you Fahrenheit folks) w/ the 90% humidity...
laugh.gif

the skies should clear up in a day or two...

I hope it does clear up I wasn't able to use my xti as much as I wanted to, because of the rain. Wan Chai is crazy, man I saw some bad Venezuelans andColombians... I know the Chinese were on point, but I mean damn these females shocked me being here. Plus I got in cool with some diplomats, one dude told mehe would buy me any woman in the bar
smile.gif
I was just shocked when he put the money in my hands, I was like man this is the shizznic. These katz are crazy

Back
Top Bottom