Which artist equals which athlete, and why. Poll: who is Jay's equivalent?

Who is Jay-z's equivalent

• Jordan

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Pippen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kareem

• Other

• Total voters
Nas - Kareem Abdul-Jabar
Andre 3000 - Jerry Rice
Mos Def - Wilt Chamberlain
Eminem - Wayne Gretzky/Mario Lemiuex
Jay-Z - LeBron
T.I. - Dominique Wilkins
Scarface - Earl Campbell
Trick Daddy - Michael Irvin
Asap Rocky - Deion Sanders
Wale - Ricky Williams
Kanye West - Michael Jordan (Based more on influence, than skill)
J. Cole - Tim Duncan
Chief Keef - Edgerrin James
Kid Cudi - Grant Hill
Beanie Sigel - Walter Payton
2Pac - Willie Mays/Ken Griffey
Biggie - Hank Aaron/Barry Bonds
Lil Wayne - Ricky Henderson
Rick Ross - Body of Ron Dayne, mindset of Pete Rose

Future - Minor Leaguer until called up at age 35 years old

Last edited:
Future = Jackie Robinson- out here blazing trails for EVERYONE, making the game a better place for all to prosper

HOV= Bret Favre- one of the best to ever do it but ain;t know when to retire

Nas= Tyron Lue- legacy will always be getting stepped over

Drake= Michael Sam- that boy just made a CFL team I believe. 

Kanye= Dennis Rodman- misfit dudes who rock woman's clothing, are politically incorrect, don't hold their tongue, but are great at what they do

Cam'ron = Deion Sanders- flashy mofos who will troll you favorite players/artists for their own enjoyment and the sake of putting on a show

Wayne= AI- little scrappy mofos full of bad decisions and heart/determination.  Never practice just bring it come gametime/in the booth

Dr. Dre= Gilbert Arenas- always lying about being in the gym/studio and making a comeback, yet still getting paid handsomely 

Snoop= Cal Ripken, Jr- been in the game forever, iron man status

Fabolous= Sammy Sosa- most hits early in their career, dominican, try too hard to stay relevant

Juicy J= Juwon Howard- refuses to quit the game before getting a ring

Young thug = Dennis Rodman. Obvious reasons.

Future =Robert Horry, always making hits at the right time, took a while to get proper recognition, got a 3 peat under his belt :pimp:

Edit, on second thought, future gotta be steph curry. Started off with a little buzz but didn't kill it in mainstream. Years later they both emerged in a certain capacity (3s,hooks/features), now they undeniably are holding the crown.

Last edited:
2 Pac = Allen Iverson

Hmmm, definitely makes sense

I initially said ai=ti and mj=2pac,

But I'm definitely comfortable with the ai=2pac comparison and shifting Jay to mj.

Both ai and pac made A staggering impact on the game and will always be seen as a great. Unforgettable accomplishments in 96 (all eyez on me/ rookie of the year & crossing Jordan), both left the game way too soon.

Mj and jay, both had extraordinarily long careers with multiple wins on and off the court. To allude to the previous comparison, even pac took a shot a Jay in hit em up.

I think big should be magic. Fun and fundamental at the same time. But since his career was shortened, Penny is a fair comparison.

Me and my homeboys were debating over who meek mill is. I say Westbrook because of all the screaming and energy, they say John wall.

Dude that said ti=cp3 is 100% on point. They both look approachable and friendly but you do not want to mess with them when they're in their element. Vicious.

I think skip 2 my lou=boosie disregarded by elitists, adored by the underground, worshiped in their hometown.

Last edited:
What about Melo?

Maybe J. Cole? Both known to be great in their fields but tend to be overlooked with no awards? This a reach? I don't know.. :lol:

Webbie=Joe Johnson can really be the best but jus don't seem to want to be

Gucci mane= Tim Duncan been in the game for a while still relevant and low key gets it done

Chief keef= Terrel Owen jus started to get annoying had all the talent

Drake = westbrook real good but have more critics than fans d

Camron= Jason Williams (white chocolate)

Jay-Z -Mj. Overall to the general consensus considered the goat. Even sometimes for other things than what there known for .
Nas- Kareem. Considered by a decent crowd as the best ever or one of at best. Overlooked for other reasons not having to do with their respective fields.
Big - magic
Tupac- ai . Cultural icon, one of the games biggest influencers.
Kanye - Kobe. either loved or hated willing there way to go far and beyond what was expected of them.
Eminem - bird. Overrated and underrated for the same reasons but truly one of the best ever.
Drake - steph curry. Both flashes in a pan who seems to be the hottest in their field and only time will tell where this goes.

Jay-Z - MJ
Kanye - Kobe
Biggie - Wilt Chamberlain
2Pac - Bill Russell
Eminem - Pete Maravich/Kirk Hinrich
50 Cent - Penny Hardaway
Drake - Kevin Durant
Lil Wayne - Lebron
Meek Mill - James Harden
Rick Ross - Dwight Howard
Lloyd Banks - J.R. Smith
Nas - Tony Parker
Game - Vince Carter
J. Cole - D. Rose
Kendrick Lamar - Russell Westbrook
DMX - Shawn Kemp
Ice Cube - David Robinson
Fabolous - Joe Johnson
Snoop Dogg - Jason Kidd
end of thread

thats actually not a bad assessment, outside of black ice...they both had semi decent runs but nothing serious...damn just realized the beat for preach by dolph is basically the same thing

Last edited:
laugh.gif

ross = reggie miller, nobody likes him but hes been a consistent 2nd tier player

juelz = steve francis, couple of star years then fell off the map

dmx = tmac, had a short run as one of the best in the game

keef = mike vick, lived off pure talent, never took his craft serious

DMX - D.Wade. Very great in his prime, very noticeable but fell off pretty hard. Can't even play a whole season without some type of injury or in DMX's case getting arrested.

Meek Mill - Jamal Crawford. Gets lots of love from the casual fans/streets cause of the flash (rolls royces and audemars = crossovers and four point plays) but has absolutely no depth or substance to their game.

The Cool Kids - Earl Clark and Terrance Williams. A good duo that got noticed on the up and up with appealing games but unfortunately just couldn't breakthrough in the big leagues

Kendrick - Jordan Spieth

GFK - Roger Federer

Eminem - Tiger Woods

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom