Which athlete "owns" your city?

was talking about this after madbum's outing. was arguing that he is probably THE athlete in the bay area.

last couple yrs i would say buster posey because of all he has done and accomplished with kaep and curry behind. i think madbum shoots up with his historic performances. if the niners ever accomplished SB success, they would be kings again.

on a side note, dudes love to hate david lee. not sure who is most "hated" in the bay area.

Ny'ers, now that jeter is done, does melo get more love than say, eli?

Last edited:
Kobe the Gawd...

soon to be King Trout.

Last edited:
was talking about this after madbum's outing. was arguing that he is probably THE athlete in the bay area.

last couple yrs i would say buster posey because of all he has done and accomplished with kaep and curry behind. i think madbum shoots up with his historic performances. if the niners ever accomplished SB success, they would be kings again.

on a side note, dudes love to hate david lee. not sure who is most "hated" in the bay area.

Ny'ers, now that jeter is done, does melo get more love than say, eli?
You got it bout right Jeter owns the city for MULTIPLE reasons IMO 
pimp.gif

Eli and Melo love is based purely on winning. And right now them dudes are hated 
roll.gif

In 2012 more people would've jumped in front of a bullet for RGIII than Obama. Now? Not so much. No one owns DC.

If RGIII ever miraculously leads the Skins to a title, they'll be calling him RGThreesus again.

I'd say Larry Fitzgerald, haven't met anyone that doesn't like him, even from my 49er friends. After him, I think Goran will get a crazy amount of love if he can get the Suns back to where they were in the Steve Nash era.

i grew up in chicago, 

but my family moved to grand rapids michigan when i was young.

needless to say, i've ran into floyd mayweather a few times over the years.

one time he was at the barber shop in town & he flies a bunch of his cars back

so the block looked like a cash money video shoot, black maybachs & bentley coups.

but he was in the shop so i didn't actually see him.

then another time i saw him out on the corner signing autographs.

this was around 2005, before he really blew up. 

he had a promo van with "philthy rich records" all over it, 

which i guess is around the time roy jones jr had a record label

as well & before the money team existed. 

so yeah, shout out to floyd. 

LA area - Kobe

DC area - Was RGIII, not sure anymore. :lol:

Last edited:
i grew up in chicago, 
but my family moved to grand rapids michigan when i was young.
needless to say, i've ran into floyd mayweather a few times over the years.
one time he was at the barber shop in town & he flies a bunch of his cars back
so the block looked like a cash money video shoot, black maybachs & bentley coups.
but he was in the shop so i didn't actually see him.

then another time i saw him out on the corner signing autographs.
this was around 2005, before he really blew up. 
he had a promo van with "philthy rich records" all over it, 
which i guess is around the time roy jones jr had a record label
as well & before the money team existed. 

so yeah, shout out to floyd. 

Born in raised in GR. Wouldn't say he "owns" the city, but whenever he's in town or fighting, he shuts it down. The whole city watches his fights whether they hate him or love him, and he throws week long events whenever he's there.

Last edited:

You got it bout right Jeter owns the city for MULTIPLE reasons IMO 
pimp.gif

Eli and Melo love is based purely on winning. And right now them dudes are hated
Yeah the Melo love is only on the internet.  Most Knick fans I know are ambivalent at BEST.

Back
Top Bottom