Which MLB team fields the most Latin players?

Is it the Mets? During last night's game I got to wondering what it feels like to be D. Wright, Church, or Maine on that team. Their roster is like 80% Latin. They probably bang that Bachata in the locker room EVERY game. Damn. That **** would drive me crazy god.

I think the most American team is the D-Backs. Every player on their roster except 2 players were born in the States.

Thats why Paul Lo Duca and Tom Glavine left they have hardly any white players and now Billy Wagner is all mad because of this team being too latin.

Mets have so many latino players and Braves have way too many white players.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Thats why Paul Lo Duca and Tom Glavine left they have hardly any white players and now Billy Wagner is all mad because of this team being too latin.

what?

^ You make the most basic generalizations its not even funny.

Glavine and Duca left because there are so many latin players? They left because the Mets didn't want them anymore. Wagner was upset at players not beingaccountable, that has nothing to do with a person's race. they cleared the air and they played very strong over the weekend.

Aaron heilman, John Maine, Mike Pelfrey, Scott Scho, Joe Smith, Billy Wagner, Matt Wise, David Wright, Ryan Church, Brian Schneider, Damian Easly, MarlonAnderson are all NON Latino players.

You're an idiot.

roll.gif

Mets all currently on the 25 man roster
eek.gif

1 Johan Santana
2 Carlos Delgado
3 Moises Alou
4 Luis Castillo
5 Jose Reyes
6 Carlos Beltran
7 Endy Chavez
8 Pedro Martinez
9 Pedro Feliz
10 Oliver Perez
11 Duaner Sanchez
12 Claudio Vargas
13 Ramon Castro
14 Damion Easly
15 Fernando Tatis

Pedro Martinez is not on the active roster and Easly is not Hispanic.

.......so thats 13 Hispanic players and 12 non-Hispanic players on the active roster (it was the other way around before when Figaroa was on the roster, beforeVargas replaced him just last week).

Is it the most in baseball? Probably not, but its probably up there.

Your argument earlier was terrible.

Huh?

I ignored MFreshM's posts because I'm convinced that dude is not playing with a full deck. Every time his (or J Rain's) posts get quoted, mythoughts get reaffirmed and I get nauseous.

Mets all currently on the 25 man roster
eek.gif

1 Johan Santana
2 Carlos Delgado
3 Moises Alou
4 Luis Castillo
5 Jose Reyes
6 Carlos Beltran
7 Endy Chavez
8 Pedro Martinez
9 Pedro Feliz
10 Oliver Perez
11 Duaner Sanchez
12 Claudio Vargas
13 Ramon Castro
14 Damion Easly
15 Fernando Tatis

Isn't he in the PHILLIES?

Basically, whichever teams have the money to get to Latin America, scout these kids when they're 15-16, then outbid the others. Teams like the Mets andBraves are the ones who have a significant presence in the area and it seems to carry over, even in their other dealings.

On the Mets, I don't think it's off base to say that Minaya has seemed to favor Latin players more than most execs.

^ Ehhh...its easy for people on the outside to believe that, but half the team is either white or black, the rest are Hispanic. He also traded for players likeNady at one time, acquired John Maine, Ryan Church and Schnieder, Schoenwiess, Easley, etc.

Now....if you want to say that he may "cater" to any top Latin player to help lure them to the Mets, then that I would probably agree with. Butfavoring Latino players only? He acquires players that will fit the team best.

The Tigers do have an entire Latino infield, but I'm trying to think of what other teams have a lot of Latin players.

Catering is probably a better word, and more accurate. I didn't mean to infer that Minaya discriminated against non-Latin players.

Good call, Mez.

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

Is it the Mets? During last night's game I got to wondering what it feels like to be D. Wright, Church, or Maine on that team. Their roster is like 80% Latin. They probably bang that Bachata in the locker room EVERY game. Damn. That **** would drive me crazy god.

I think the most American team is the D-Backs. Every player on their roster except 2 players were born in the States.

Why would players like David Wright and whoever else you named feel out of place in that kind of setting? For someone who detests people who makestereotypes, you sure do run your "mouth" promoting a lot of them.

Wagner did not in any way target anyone based on their ethnicity, but rather on their leadership, or lack thereof. Please stop posting.

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I HATE THAT @%%# !!
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom