White People Go to a Black BBQ 'For the First Time'

I mess with mayo.  I don't go overboard/slather it on anything, but it has its place in the condiment world...particularly when it's mixed with other condiments (sriracha mayo, Russian dressing, etc.). 

I'm tickled by the fact that a thread revolving around white stereotypes has devolved into a mayo love/hate thread. 
roll.gif

Went to a potluck and I was at the back of a loooong line...

Then a black guy showed up late with a whole platter of ribs... thank god!!!

Mayo people always say this.The hell I want my sandwich to be wet for? Y'all got chronic dry mouth or something? If it's a deli meat sandwich there's usually lettuce and tomato or peppers on it, all of which are mostly made up of water. Or if I'm eating a steak sub or chicken parm I'll always have marinara sauce or hot sauce on there too, the moisture has never even entered my mind. I've never been like "man, this sandwich is too dry. I wish I had some white sauce to slather on it to mask all the flavors I like" :lol:

Dry *** sandwich eating *** boy

Bet everyone in here who hates mayo would love some fire remulade though.

It's true white people from the north aren't great at seasoning food. Just generally speaking.

My family from mn can't cook worth a damn. Basically what they were making fun of.

My half of the family from fl will give anyone a run for their money. Going down Sunday and we'll be throwing down the whole time. They are also notorious for eating various organs. Chicken gizzards are :pimp:

Lemon pepper chicken gizzards :smokin

I dont understand the mayo hate.

Is it the taste?

Its just basically eggs and oil.

Last edited:
I dunno how people even enjoy food if it's not seasoned properly. I need my food to taste good. My family overseasons sometimes with salt though. My dad has a heavy hand with black pepper.

Mayo by itself isnt' good. I don't get ppl eating it like that.

I watched this cooking show and this guy took some boneless chicken fillets, coated them in mayoniese and then breaded it. I was like :x :smh:

I usually mix mayo with some super spicy pepper sauce and bbq. Eating by itself with fries is crazy nasty.

Was he baking or frying it? You can use mayonnaise as a base to replace a regular egg wash, just for more flavor. I've never been a big fan of that but it does work.

I guess I'm the only white person on earth that empties out the whole spice cabinet when I cook.  I don't care if it's a turkey sandwich, it's gonna have at least three seasonings on it.

And **** mayo.  Back when I worked in food I saw what that **** can do to you when it gets off-temp.  Don't even want to look at it.

I guess I'm the only white person on earth that empties out the whole spice cabinet when I cook.  I don't care if it's a turkey sandwich, it's gonna have at least three seasonings on it.

And **** mayo.  Back when I worked in food I saw what that **** can do to you when it gets off-temp.  Don't even want to look at it.

View media item 1793883

what could you even possibly wanna put on a sandwich beyond maybe salt and pepper

Dry *** sandwich eating *** boy

:lol: :lol:

All different types of mustard, chipotle sauce, sweet onion sauce, pepper sauce, hot sauce, etc. Depends on the sandwich.

This man knows :pimp:

I just don't like the flavor profile of mayo/creamy sauces in general. I'm all about spicy/tangy/smoky/sweet things. Adding mayo and sour cream to things covers up my favorite flavors so I can't rock with that.

I'm with Sheridan91 I use hella spices when I cook; my spice cabinet is as big as my other roommates food cabinets :lol:

I imagine a lot of you are still working with these poverty-esque sandwiches. Talkin' bout herbs and spices...***** please. 
mean.gif

bologna-sandwich-immVNArf285.jpg

I can't eat bologna. No way fam. I'm eating a bread sandwich before I eat bologna.

Last time I tried a bologna sandwich, it tasted like wet salt. :x

Last edited:
Mayo by itself isnt' good. I don't get ppl eating it like that.

I watched this cooking show and this guy took some boneless chicken fillets, coated them in mayoniese and then breaded it. I was like :x :smh:

I usually mix mayo with some super spicy pepper sauce and bbq. Eating by itself with fries is crazy nasty.

Was he baking or frying it? You can use mayonnaise as a base to replace a regular egg wash, just for more flavor. I've never been a big fan of that but it does work.
He baked it.

I imagine a lot of you are still working with these poverty-esque sandwiches. Talkin' bout herbs and spices...***** please. 
mean.gif

laugh.gif

Dudes out here sprinkling basil on fried bologna sandwiches talkin bout "gourmet".
Dont you talk down on fried bologna sammiches 
frown.gif

A lot of saturday mornings them ***** fed me when I was a youngin.

Bologna and vienna sausages were the first things I learned to "cook" 
laugh.gif

I imagine a lot of you are still working with these poverty-esque sandwiches. Talkin' bout herbs and spices...***** please. :smh:

Slap some miracle whip on that joint and a glass of that grape Kool aid and that's my lunch. Swap bologna for turkey too.

Only bologna I rock w/ is sweet Lebonon Bologna, my mom ruined any love I had for the regular bologna when I was kid by always buying that off brand crap from Save-A-Lot talkin bout, it taste just like the good kind.

Back
Top Bottom