White Quarterback: Why Rex And Caleb Are More Employable Than McNabb

how on earth is Mcnabb a bad example?

McNabb isnt allowed to want to be brought in to compete as a starter but Beck is allowed to ...

when has a white multi pro bowl , conference Championsip game QB not been able to get a job anywhere ?

McNabb - for all intensive purposes, views himself as a starter in the twilight of his career. K.Collins/T.Collins KNEW their roles when they could see the light at the end of the tunnel.

says who?

_______

Marc Bulger was still getting calls when he retired, and he barely had 3 good years. Josh Mckown, testaverde ( :lol: ), matt Leinart is still in the NFL. he has Zero work ethic and a rag arm . matt Leinart. man, Matt Leinart is getting a NFL check

laugh.gif
 So the Black QBs aren't athletic enough to perform at the next level? You really believe that dumb **** that you just said.

And it was Caleb Hanie, not Chad Henne. So throw that theory out the window.

And the lack of white CBs is dumb and completely besides the point. Are 65% of the CBs in CFB white? NO. There's probably a very small percentage of white CBs at the CFB level. How do you have the vast majority of players at one level, and then all of a sudden there are a handful at the next level. I realize that there are a bunch of factors that go into this, all the way down to the type of coaching kids at the QB position are getting from the HS level, and personal tutelage that some of these white QBs have that their black counterparts don't have, but let's not act like this isn't an issue.

how on earth is Mcnabb a bad example?
McNabb isnt allowed to want to be brought in to compete as a starter but Beck is allowed to ...
when has a white multi pro bowl , conference Championsip game QB not been able to get a job anywhere ?
says who?
_______
Marc Bulger was still getting calls when he retired, and he barely had 3 good years. Josh Mckown, testaverde ( :lol: ), matt Leinart is still in the NFL. he has Zero work ethic and a rag arm . matt Leinart. man, Matt Leinart is getting a NFL check

Beck never threw a pass in 2010 - that was all McNabb/Grossman. Beck/McNabb were NEVER in competition. When all the **** was going down between the Shanahan's and McNabb, yes, McNabb was dropped to 3rd on the depth chart behind Grossman and Beck. Grossman/Beck were in competition in the 2011 season when McNabb was gone.

Just last year, McNabb said he should be the starter in Minnesota after losing out to Christian Ponder.

Dude still views himself as a starter - which is fine, but that's not the reality of where he is in his career right now. He burned bridges in both DC and Minnesota w/ his teammates, so this goes a little deeper than thinking that he's not on an NFL roster solely b/c of his race.

Last edited:
mcnabb is a class guy and is regarded as one around the league , guys like beck and rex dont mind

being back ups that collect checks , but mcnabb is 36 and has been a starter for so long

that people dont want to insult him with false hope , guys like

garrard and jason campbell just trynna get checks too , so they got jobs aswell

Its as dumb as you still not being able to really mention which QB's aren't getting shots. CFB =/= CBB. They are different games, radically different. Especially at the QB position. Tim Tebow won a Heisman for Christ sake. He's one of the great CFB ever. Jason White, Eric Crouch? Are any of those white dudes approaching anything close to being competent NFL QB's? No, because the game is different, that 65 percent stat isn't really showing much.

There are more and more black QB's every year. Troy Smith has nestled into a nice position as a backup. Does white privilege extend to the QB position? Sure.

I know this hurts your ears, but historically white QB's have been just better. Overwhelmingly so. Is part of that have to do with race and getting more chances/development? Yes. Race is a part because QB is thought to be a position where you need to possess intellect and black racism in football culture said that black QB's didn't possess the "necessaries." But they are getting that chance more and more now. In 10 years this won't even be an issue. If they are good enough in the NFL, they'll play. ****, RGIII has gotten advertisement more than any QB in a minute even with those dusty *** braids. That stigma has lost much face. CFB is proof of that and soon it will extend to the NFL.

And with that 65 percent stat is that looking at starting QB's or actual QB's including backups. Because I could say that CBB is prolly around 35 percent white and that means there should be more white guys in the NBA. I looked at ESPN's QB rankings for HS for the class of 2012. Out of the top 40 QB's, 6 of them were black. So where is this number coming from exactly? I'll stand by the fact that white privlege keeps guys around sports like Leinart/Sclabrine types. But i just don't view that as a huge issue sorry. I'd be more worried about the number of former black players who get coaching or front office jobs. That would be a better article or point to make than black QB's cause in sports, the best always players 98 percent of the time regardless of race or creed.

Exactly DoubleJ's. Why does any team wanna take a flyer on this guy when he's just going to ***** and complain about not being a starter. Not worth the headache at this point in his career, or even more, for nothing more than a backup.

Jeff Fisher did not want VY in Tennessee. That's why that marriage was a quick divorce. If you're OWN head coach has no faith in you, how can you possibly be affective out there on the field, as a 23 y/o rookie? We've had Marlin Briscoe, Doug Williams, Randall Cunningham, Warren Moon, Rodney Peete, Jeff Blake, Tony Banks, Akili Smith, Dante Culpepper, Quincy Carter, Aaron Brooks, and, for those who don't remember know QUINN GRAY was a career backup for quite some time.

It is completely ASININE to say black QB's can't be affective from the pocket. In that case, Eric Crouch, Fran Tarkenton, Jim McMahon, early Steve Young, etc. are all washes, as well. It's all about the system, as a number of other guys mentioned. Put in the right system from pee wee football on forth, any quarterback can be successful. Hell, had Jared Lorenzen been put in an option system as a child, his big butt would've been a bruiser dual threat QB. Anybody remember Kentucky's Andre Woodson? Son definitely a statue in the pocket. How about Omar Jacobs? He and VY had the SAME release point in college and, Omar was strictly a pocket passer for Bowling Green. And, Donovan McNabb is definitely getting shafted. It is utter nonsense as to why he's not in the league when, he's younger than Peyton, and, had the same style as that guy named Brett Favre who's an afterthought after such a "storied" career...

I know this hurts your ears, but historically white QB's have been just better. Overwhelmingly so. Is part of that have to do with race and getting more chances/development? Yes. Race is a part because QB is thought to be a position where you need to possess intellect and black racism in football culture said that black QB's didn't possess the "necessaries." But they are getting that chance more and more now. In 10 years this won't even be an issue. If they are good enough in the NFL, they'll play. ****, RGIII has gotten advertisement more than any QB in a minute even with those dusty *** braids. That stigma has lost much face. CFB is proof of that and soon it will extend to the NFL.

LOL, the obvious, I would HOPE white quarterbacks are historically better, being that black QBs were a rare sight, up until the late 70s/mid 80s, when the league had been created some 50 years earlier...

If anything the story of Tim Tebow shows how much of a problem this is... Point blank period if Tebow was black he wouldnt be in the L

I also have to say that this argument is just an absolute reach. It's being argued that there aren't enough blacks..As a BACKUP. A flippin' backup. The majority of black QB's who are any good are starting. The one's that aren't starting are the backups and biding their time.

First their aren't enough black starters and now that we're seeing more and more, it has to be argued that they deserve to be backups too? :lol: No.

If anything the story of Tim Tebow shows how much of a problem this is... Point blank period if Tebow was black he wouldnt be in the L

These examples some of you guys are bringing up are ludicrous.

A big bodied athletic freak that was a college QB can't stay in the league to be potentially utilized at another position? Because that's the road Tebow is headed down. Isn't Michael Robinson black? Brad Smith sure makes more than a serviceable WR/KR. Eric Crouch got his chance at WR. He failed and subsequently was out of the league.

If you're good at another position(s) you stay. If not, you're gone. Regardless of race.

If your good enough to play in the NFL, they will find a place for you.

Gave this a little more thought because it is very interesting. There are a lot of other factors that come to mind:

-Lack of scheme diversity in the NFL (why I've stopped following it and only watch CFB)

-Lack of job security at any level of football

-Being a great QB is a rich man's game. I've posted about this before. Personal trainers, QB coaches, camps, traveling, etc. I bet that many QBs in the NFL come from great families. I don't think I need to bring up poverty rates among races. So there are definitely socioeconomic factors. Being a QB is a high-risk proposition in a high-risk venture (trying to become a pro athlete). QB skills do not translate to any other position. 

-The socioeconomic conditions that create the black athlete. Black athletes aren't better athletes because they are black. Rather, many come from bad backgrounds and sports is option 1,2, and 3. They are willing to stay after school for 5 hours and put in the work. Like I said, becoming a pro athlete is a high-risk proposition. Many suburban kids rightfully do not put all their eggs in this basket because they have options. I'll play football but I'll also focus on other things. Those that do often focus intently on FB do so on the very expensive QB position like I mentioned before. Many people from low socioeconomic environments do not think this way. This is my way out. And that's completely reasonable. And they don't hire QB coaches. They put in the athletic work. The work that is time-intensive and not dollar-intensive. This in turn creates a negative feedback loop as we can see in the racial make-up of many pro sports. Those amazing CBs from the South? They have been working on their craft their entire lives because they saw what was around them and believed that was their only option out. I wholeheartedly believe this. These kids put in the hours to be that great. It's not simply "God-given athletic talent." But all that work was a huge risk that many just aren't willing to pursue lest they burn all their other options. 

How do this relate to the topic of black QBs and back-ups? This is what I surmise and I might be completely wrong but bear with me:

There are more great black athletes at the high school level than great white athletes due to the high-risk proposition that is athletics and socioeconomic factors. Some of these black athletes in turn are put in charge of "put the entire team on his back" offenses that utilize their finely honed athletic prowess. Again, we always have to think about risk here. What's more likely to win at most levels of football? A great athlete using his physical skills more often or trying to turn that man into a pocket passer? So these great black HS QBs are then recruited into the same type of systems in college and they excel or falter. Major-level college or NFL is when the athleticism gap finally closes or becomes so miniscule that all those years of success comes back to haunt these guys while all those years of being in a pocket system helps out those okay athlete QBs as they transition to higher levels of FB.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the high-risk aspect of sports and how that factors into the racial make-up of many sports leagues. The lack of black QBs seems like the perfect data point to dive into these issues. 

Sorry if some parts are not clear. Typed this in a hurry. I'll clarify later if need be. 

Last edited:
 he's younger than Peyton, and, had the same style as that guy named Brett Favre who's an afterthought after such a "storied" career...
both those guys combine for 7 mvp's and 2 superbowl victories with multiple appearances , on top of 

the fact that they put butts in the seats , get the teams primetime games and sell jersey's.

mcnabb lost his job to a white quarterback who lost his job in 2 days to a black quarterback.

if mcnabb wanted he could be out there like leftwich,campbell and garrard  ....collecting checks as back ups.

but teams figure at 36 , you have what ...2 years tops  to make a run? with a guy who's never won the big game

in his prime thats a big risk

as for tebow there was only like two teams that wanted him and it was the two teams that can use him for media coverage

jaguars....hometown kid , sells tickets

jets.......run the wildcat , love media attention

Its as dumb as you still not being able to really mention which QB's aren't getting shots. CFB =/= CBB. They are different games, radically different. Especially at the QB position. Tim Tebow won a Heisman for Christ sake. He's one of the great CFB ever. Jason White, Eric Crouch? Are any of those white dudes approaching anything close to being competent NFL QB's? No, because the game is different, that 65 percent stat isn't really showing much.
There are more and more black QB's every year. Troy Smith has nestled into a nice position as a backup. Does white privilege extend to the QB position? Sure.
And with that 65 percent stat is that looking at starting QB's or actual QB's including backups. Because I could say that CBB is prolly around 35 percent white and that means there should be more white guys in the NBA. I looked at ESPN's QB rankings for HS for the class of 2012. Out of the top 40 QB's, 6 of them were black. So where is this number coming from exactly? I'll stand by the fact that white privlege keeps guys around sports like Leinart/Sclabrine types. But i just don't view that as a huge issue sorry. I'd be more worried about the number of former black players who get coaching or front office jobs. That would be a better article or point to make than black QB's cause in sports, the best always players 98 percent of the time regardless of race or creed.
What point does saying that white QBs have been historically better prove? Historically, white QBs have been allowed in play QB while blacks haven't so that history is pretty useless.

35% of whites in CBB is still not the majority, and we're looking at a specific position. I don't know why you're throwing out all of the information that has nothing to do with anything.

The most valid stat you pointed out is that the Top 40 only has 6 black QBs. And of course, the stats for blacks in FO or Coaching roles is atrocious. The article is about the QB position, so that's why people were discussing it. I don't agree that this won't be an issue in 10 years. I'm sure it'll get better, but it'll still be an issue.

What point does saying that white QBs have been historically better prove? Historically, white QBs have been allowed in play QB while blacks haven't so that history is pretty useless.

35% of whites in CBB is still not the majority, and we're looking at a specific position. I don't know why you're throwing out all of the information that has nothing to do with anything.

The most valid stat you pointed out is that the Top 40 only has 6 black QBs. And of course, the stats for blacks in FO or Coaching roles is atrocious. The article is about the QB position, so that's why people were discussing it. I don't agree that this won't be an issue in 10 years. I'm sure it'll get better, but it'll still be an issue.

But compared to the NBA its a discrepancy. White Americans hardly exist there.

I understand what you and Gunna are saying and agree...but when you guys will soon make up 80 percent of football players its just not going to get much empathy event though it is a product of these protective white networks which are destructive.

Good stuff Hank, I agree.

rodney peete, jason campbell, seneca wallace, tarvaris jackson

Seneca Wallace :pimp: :pimp:

Wallace has always been my dude. I was really wanting him to take the reigns the times Hasselbeck went down, and when Colt McCoy went down, but it never happened.

DC, it's funny you made this thread, cause a couple months ago me and one of my old roommates had a similar discussion, pretty much pointing out that mediocre (or underachieving) white QBs have a much longer shelf life than their black counterparts. Mediocre white QBs can hover around for 10+ years, while the mediocre black QBs can be out of the league within 2-3 years. I'm just happy Tavaris Jackson isn't in Seattle anymore. MF'r.

But compared to the NBA its a discrepancy. White Americans hardly exist there.
I understand what you and Gunna are saying and agree...but when you guys will soon make up 80 percent of football players its just not going to get much empathy event though it is a product of these protective white networks which are destructive.
Good stuff Hank, I agree.
I don't know that anyone is looking for empathy. We know that black players make up the majority league. I'm just not going to accept that we have greats at all of these other positions with a tremendous understanding of the game, unbelievable instincts, but at the QB position we're only capable of playing at the college level outside of a handful of guys. Whether that excuse is justified by the mental aspect or physical aspect. That sounds like utter garbage to me. I'm definitely not looking for your empathy, or anyone elses. I'm just calling it how I see it.

both those guys combine for 7 mvp's and 2 superbowl victories with multiple appearances , on top of 
the fact that they put butts in the seats , get the teams primetime games and sell jersey's.

mcnabb lost his job to a white quarterback who lost his job in 2 days to a black quarterback.

if mcnabb wanted he could be out there like leftwich,campbell and garrard  ....collecting checks as back ups.

but teams figure at 36 , you have what ...2 years tops  to make a run? with a guy who's never won the big game
in his prime thats a big risk

as for tebow there was only like two teams that wanted him and it was the two teams that can use him for media coverage
jaguars....hometown kid , sells tickets
jets.......run the wildcat , love media attention

All three got the axe though...and, regular season MVPs have always held little merit to me. The NFL is all about the postseason. Manning didn't sniff the Super Bowl until his 9th season, Mac-5 had been to multiple NFC Championships games, and lost a close superbowl to the patriots in '05 (two years before Peyton barely beat a Rex Grossman led Bears team (Oh, and tell Peyton Dominick Rhodes is still waiting for him to send him that Superbowl MVP trophy which is rightfully his)) As for favre, dude's ineptitude was hidden because he played for the NFLs most storied franchise, and longevity, which I commend BUT, is favre EVER considered top 5 all-time? All jokes aside. I know he has been but, let's be real bruh. Would you take Favre over Montana, Brady, the same Peyton you mentioned, Johnny Unitas, Marino, Elway, Staubach, Young, etc.?

I don't know that anyone is looking for empathy. We know that black players make up the majority league. I'm just not going to accept that we have greats at all of these other positions with a tremendous understanding of the game, unbelievable instincts, but at the QB position we're only capable of playing at the college level outside of a handful of guys. Whether that excuse is justified by the mental aspect or physical aspect. That sounds like utter garbage to me. I'm definitely not looking for your empathy, or anyone elses. I'm just calling it how I see it.
Are you going to comment on the factors I brought up?

I don't know that anyone is looking for empathy. We know that black players make up the majority league. I'm just not going to accept that we have greats at all of these other positions with a tremendous understanding of the game, unbelievable instincts, but at the QB position we're only capable of playing at the college level outside of a handful of guys.

It's the development. For years, with few exceptions, the instincts are to be an athlete, be mobile, run! Vick still has that problem, and guess what's holding him back from being an elite QB? And it's been like that for years.

Cam? Instincts are to make plays with his cannon and his legs. You can get away with that to a certain point in the NFL because it's just freak athletecism, but in order for him to truly be a great, he's gonna have to learn more about being a pocket passer.

Simply...A lot of white quarterbacks stay in that pocket and those that have athleticsim, for the most part, are pass first and use mobility as a secondary option instead of primary. Something RGIII has already figured out.

Last edited:
All three got the axe though...and, regular season MVPs have always held little merit to me. The NFL is all about the postseason. Manning didn't sniff the Super Bowl until his 9th season, Mac-5 had been to multiple NFC Championships games, and lost a close superbowl to the patriots in '05 (two years before Peyton barely beat a Rex Grossman led Bears team (Oh, and tell Peyton Dominick Rhodes is still waiting for him to send him that Superbowl MVP trophy which is rightfully his)) As for favre, dude's ineptitude was hidden because he played for the NFLs most storied franchise, and longevity, which I commend BUT, is favre EVER considered top 5 all-time? All jokes aside. I know he has been but, let's be real bruh. Would you take Favre over Montana, Brady, the same Peyton you mentioned, Johnny Unitas, Marino, Elway, Staubach, Young, etc.?
agreed on mvp merrit , same here

all in all i feel when age is factored in and his sour stint with the ******** aswell teams figured it just wasnt worth it .

how peyton got 90+ mill after neck surgery .....i dont even know lol lmaoooo

how peyton got 90+ mill after neck surgery .....i dont even know lol lmaoooo

Do or die. Elway and Fox believe the window is now and that they are only one QB away from getting to the SB. Given the market, Peyton was the best option. But also, it's Peyton Manning. It's easier to take that risk given a really high reward factor when you're signing one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom