Who are your cities most sanctified and most vilified athletes?

Chicago..
Tough one I would say Most sanctified would be Walter. Before the Pearlman book the worst thing you ever heard Walter doing was racing Michael Jordan in their Porsche's. The rest of it I personally feel that you can chalk it up to the post career trials and tribulations of playing in the NFL.
Most vilified? It really depends on the time period. Now its Carlos Boozer, but 15 years ago it was prob Albert Belle. I dont know I really dont remember a guy getting a lot of heat here for a long period of time. I guess the best and now worst kept secret is that Michael Jordan is a dog in every aspect of his life, but a lot of people do what he did and does. Smoke weed, gamble, fornicate, and in general be a douche about doing those things.

Boozer? You're kidding. Carlos Zambrano would like to have a word with you and then retire.

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Sosa is up there too...
Sammy is given ambilivance. Big Z, let me put it this way the Cubs are still a !%%+ organization. 
The inside story to both of those "walkouts" is interesting to say the least.

Vilified
Reggie Bush x1000
Soon to Be CP3 (Please don't go Chris)
frown.gif

Sanctified

Drew Brees

Los Angeles

Magic Johnson = God

Kobe Bryant = King of the City

Most Hated: Paul Pierce, Lebron James, Barry Bonds (back in the day), any old Celtics, and Frank McCourt (not a player but #*%% him).

Sanctified - Dirk Nowitzki

Villified - Tony Romo

Sanctified - Any core player on 2010 Giants: Lincecum, Cain, Wilson, Posey, etc

Villified - Alex Smith (although he's slowly winning people over albeit there are understandably a lot of skeptics out there)
Sanctified - Steve Nash

Villified - Robert Sarver as well as current D-Backs ownership

LA
Santified:
Wooden
Magic
Tommy Lasorda
Kobe

Vilified:
McCourt
Broxton
Bush

1603h9v.png

+

ver605.jpg

= one year later....

28sr43q.jpg

eek.gif
embarassed.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

God please don't let me catch Clay in the Street.

but on a positive note
pimp.gif

Seattle

Sanctified: Dave Niehaus, Griffey, Edgar, Ichiro, GP

Vilified: David Stern, Howard Schultz, Clay Bennett, Alex Rodriguez

Tucson (I know
laugh.gif
)

Sanctified: Lute Olsen, Derrick Williams, any player from 1997, Salim Stoudamire

Villified: Mustafa Shakur, Mike Stoops, Kevin O'Neil, Brandon Jennings

Philly

Sanctified: Of all time, probably Iverson, Schmidt, Clarke, Carlton. Right now, Utley, Lee, or Halladay.
Villified: Of all time, Probably McNabb. Probably the most loved and hated Philadelphia sports figure. Right now, Iggy? I can't think of anyone else, I know people hate him.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Seattle

Sanctified: Dave Niehaus, Griffey, Edgar, Ichiro, GP

Vilified: David Stern, Howard Schultz, Clay Bennett, Alex Rodriguez
Where does Randy Johnson stand in your city?
nerd.gif

I live in the DMV

villified: Dan Snyder over any athlete by a enormous margin, only athlete I could think of that would be close is possibly Gilbert Arenas, Haynesworth and Lebron

Sanctified: Cal Ripken, Ovechkin, Joe Gibbs, John Thompson

HankMoody wrote:
Boozer? You're kidding. Carlos Zambrano would like to have a word with you and then retire.

Chris Chelios was a hated man when he went to play for the wings after he publicly said he would never play for them, don't know if he's gotten a pass now that they have a recent cup win also I love sweetness but in terms of popularity in the chi I'd say Jordan > all , the roof nearly came off the united center last year for the reunion when they brought him out 13 years after he last played for the bulls

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Yeah, Don Shula too. And I'm pretty sure EVERYONE hates the Marlins ownership.

Jeff Ireland and Stephen Ross are on their way up the villian list too in Miami.  

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Philly

Sanctified: Of all time, probably Iverson, Schmidt, Clarke, Carlton. Right now, Utley, Lee, or Halladay.
Villified: Of all time, Probably McNabb. Probably the most loved and hated Philadelphia sports figure. Right now, Iggy? I can't think of anyone else, I know people hate him.

How people in philly hate Iggy doe? He's the best on your team
laugh.gif

Anyways, Toronto,

Sanctified: Demar Derozan, Jerome Williams

Vilified: Vince Carter (I dont vilify him though), Andrea Bargnani

Cincinnati at the moment would be Chris Carpenter, Brian Kelly, Hines Ward, Chad Ochocinco and Carson Palmer.

Sanctified? Hmm. Kenyon Martin, Steve Logan, Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Barry Larkin.

Back
Top Bottom