Who believes that.....

People saying no...can you elaborate on why not?
nerd.gif

I think 18 or 19 is an acceptable age for reasons already mentioned..

I believe in that statement but but Serving your country is not a priviledge and also minors can't perform adult acts due to the legal and moralrammifications ($) and consequences related to performing acts like the majority (adults). In some cases, as in with alcohol use it can have some heath issueswith minors.

But I dont really understand is that if someone under the age of 18 has the EXPERIENCE and knowledge in performing adult acts, why should there be agerestrictions for minors to do certain things??

then high school kids would have easier legal access to drinks
although theres not much stoppin kids from drinking currently
never less being legal/illegal does produce significant results for a decent amount of kids

putting my life on the line it should be legal for me to drink to my heart's content if I survive that war(that I may or may not agree with).
Pretty much. I dont get how you can risk your life and take lives for your country and not be able to legally get drunk.

for the most part the military is a choice...you are trained to fight...you have superiors giving instructions/orders...

because you were able to work in a structured environment i don't think you should be able to drink...

drinking age should be lowered deffintly...oh well im 3 months and some change from being legal.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

for the most part the military is a choice...you are trained to fight...you have superiors giving instructions/orders...

because you were able to work in a structured environment i don't think you should be able to drink...
I can agree with that.

Barbarians used to fight intoxicated to ease the reality of getting popped. I don't think that was a strategic approach to dull a battle, but it shows thatbasically after 18 a boy is a man, and can certainly think for himself with responsibility especially if your army bound.

Now, renting cars, and all the things that include financial risk to companies is different from getting drunk because you cause no harm to anyone but yourselfin a battle. Socially speaking though that option would be void because you'll harm others as we'll as yourself of course.

Argument is valiant but I also agree with IM A HELION. Plus, gives kids something to look forward to and appreciate.

Back
Top Bottom