Who else is afraid to unDS their kicks

I kinda get where you're coming from, but at the same time, life is too short man.
The key is, keeping them looking DS as much as possible, after you wear them.
EDIT: My shoes never go back into the box, unless they have been scrubbed clean, and practically look DS. I never used to be OCD, but now I am because I don't buy multiples anymore. Also, sneaker shields help a lot with keeping them fresh. Universals for suede/nubuck shoes, protectors for leather shoes. That's just me.
100% same perspective for me ^

hes better off not buying them AT ALL..

you buy jordans (or anything that's expensive/name brand) to show it off. otherwise youre walking into walmart buying bo-bo's off the shelf. the fact that you dont go out answers OP's question. you have no purpose for the shoes..
what are you talking about?
roll.gif
not referring to you. responding the the OP's post about him not going out....

This is a nice thread, specially for the richness of the opinions.

Having some limited kicks usually starts some serious troubles, rock it or stock it, sometimes you're lucky and

get two pairs, so you can rock one without feeling sorry for damaging them. Some people could say "them just kicks" 

but at the end of the day the real sneaker lovers know what is to rock a pair and get some nice comments and feeling

great making the perfect match for some outfit, nowadays you can get almost any sneaker because of these sneakerheads

whose interesest to keep them icy made you a chance to get them, 10 or 20 yrs after they released, and that's magic.

So to conclude my opinion, hard respect for those who care for them and use them, and also thanks to the ones who keep

them for future, maybe not for just reselling, maybe for use them in some special event or even give them to their sons or

daughters, but to showing love for this culture.

I try to wear every thing within a reasonable amount of time unless it was an og or first retro that I got just for display purposes.

And lorx knows what I am talking bout. When I start my career and start making big bucks. I am sure I will double cop a few pairs and not rock one of them for long enough for them to be reretroed.

im not exactly sure he does. i wrote "you", and honestly i wouldve thought it was directed towards me if i was him.
He is saying what are you talking about as in. So I don't need em. Am I supposed to stop buying them cuz you feel like I don't need em? Do you truly think anyone needs $160 sneakers?

I unDS as soon as possible, its what i buy them for.

Never doubled up but I'm thinking I might on the Bred XIs.

I have kept a few sneakers on ice to pull out when attending sneaker-related events, sneakercon, nba games or what not. But for the most part I do try to wear different shoes every day and then cleaning them up with magic eraser for about a month to keep most of my shoes looking new.

im not exactly sure he does. i wrote "you", and honestly i wouldve thought it was directed towards me if i was him.
He is saying what are you talking about as in. So I don't need em. Am I supposed to stop buying them cuz you feel like I don't need em? Do you truly think anyone needs $160 sneakers?
i think you misconstrued my whole argument. you said you dont go out, obviously that has an impact on you not unDSing your shoes. just like people stating they wear shoes on special occasions, the fact that you dont have friends or a gf to hang with, you would be less inclined to feel like its a good time to unDS a shoe. im assuming by your comments, you just finished school. you know why it was easier to unDS the shoes? you had classmates, hopefully girls as well, you were trying to impress.

Am I supposed to stop buying them cuz you feel like I don't need em? - im not even sure how to respond to that. its like a dude buying tampons cause he dont need them.. he just wants it just in case..

Last edited:
I rock my kicks too but I always have a little bit of trouble unDSing them cause I know they'll never look the same after I rock

My kicks usually don't last 2 weeks before un-DSing. No clue how people keep theirs on ice for years. Only time I get nervous is when I'm goin out and drinking and in the winter-time.

i think you misconstrued my whole argument. you said you dont go out, obviously that has an impact on you not unDSing your shoes. just like people stating they wear shoes on special occasions, the fact that you dont have friends or a gf to hang with, you would be less inclined to feel like its a good time to unDS a shoe. im assuming by your comments, you just finished school. you know why it was easier to unDS the shoes? you had classmates, hopefully girls as well, you were trying to impress.

Am I supposed to stop buying them cuz you feel like I don't need em? - im not even sure how to respond to that. its like a dude buying tampons cause he dont need them.. he just wants it just in case..
No I graduate in December. Most of my friends graduated already. I stayed an extra year to get my Master's and CPA. I gave up on girls a long time ago, it was a hopeless cause for me. Still tho, tattoos are my only reason to unDS kicks these days and I have accumulated a lot of kicks that still need to be unDS'd as well as the fact that I keep grabbing more, as I am not a jordan exclusive 'head.

I'm going to have to start unDSing kicks to go to the movies.

Last edited:
But back on topic I intend to rock all my kicks but i just dont get the time anymore and feel if im going to unDS a pair i feel like i have to go hella hard in them make it really worth it the day i do unDS them go a ton of places be seen etc. If not im like ugh i risked getting them stepped on for nothing.....the worse is when you unDS a pair of shoes and they crumble!!........i finally decied to wear my 1992 nike air magnums they felt firm wore them for about 5 hours and my right sole was talking to me flapping all over the place ......i was heart broken....felt so devesated :smh:

I have some rare J's that were hard to unDS when i got them in. But I paid too damn much for them to just stare at them. Usually only takes a couple days before I feel the need to rock them. Just can't help it.

Sorry to get off topic but huh!!! Gave up on girls??? Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!? :nerd:
Sometimes you just gotta count your losses and move on to something that isnt a complete waste of your time. Yah I wish I was a stud who can pick and choose, but I can't even hook up with the chicks no one wants.

But back on topic I intend to rock all my kicks but i just dont get the time anymore and feel if im going to unDS a pair i feel like i have to go hella hard in them make it really worth it the day i do unDS them go a ton of places be seen etc. If not im like ugh i risked getting them stepped on for nothing.....the worse is when you unDS a pair of shoes and they crumble!!........i finally decied to wear my 1992 nike air magnums they felt firm wore them for about 5 hours and my right sole was talking to me flapping all over the place ......i was heart broken....felt so devesated :smh:
lol, I have that same feeling, That is why I have to have something to do to unDS my kicks. I can't just unDS them and go to school, I have to unDS them and take on the world. Part of the reason I started sneaker collecting in the first place was wearing new pair of kicks felt better to me than having an "S" on my chest (and it still does).

you make some weird analogies....:stoneface:

No I graduate in December. Most of my friends graduated already. I stayed an extra year to get my Master's and CPA. I gave up on girls a long time ago, it was a hopeless cause for me. Still tho, tattoos are my only reason to unDS kicks these days and I have accumulated a lot of kicks that still need to be unDS'd as well as the fact that I keep grabbing more, as I am not a jordan exclusive 'head.
I'm going to have to start unDSing kicks to go to the movies.

No wonder its hard for you to ds, you got no one to impress unless you want othr dudes to notice

No wonder its hard for you to ds, you got no one to impress unless you want othr dudes to notice
When I say i gave up on girls, I meant for several years now. Yes I am more likely to want to impress the guys than the girls. Although I do get complimented by girls on how I dress. Do you think sneakers could possibly impress a grown woman, besides the very few? It's hard for me because I have nothing to do these days. unDSing kicks to go to class or work or see a movie, is just a waste if you read my last post

Last edited:
UnDS all my kicks and the only time i've doubled up was on the concords. Shoes are meant to be worn. I've seen too many crumbling pics because of people just storing them.

Back
Top Bottom